Race Meet the Novakid

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Bietol, Apr 4, 2013.

1. dragontech

dragontech Subatomic Cosmonaut

Shouldn't you get some sort of novakid badge for creating the race? I feel that would be a small yet satisfying reward. :D
    Edit: Maybe Starkid's head or something...
    Edit x2: Actually considering Starkid is Fetal's character, what's little Lone Star there's name? The sheriff?

2. Lyrael

Lyrael Sandwich Man

I just want to say, congrats on this. I was dead-set on playing Avian... until I saw the Novakids. I love the concept and look so much!

Cirom and MoonyGekko like this.
  3. MoonyJello

MoonyJello Existential Complex

Yes!
    Now I can finally be a cowboy!

4. We're likely getting the contributor badge for it.

AstroBlast likes this.
  5. Cirom

Cirom Cosmic Narwhal

I was considering going Human or Glitch, but looking at these.. these just seem awesome.

Plus I'm really forgetful so it suits me well

6. Quantum

Quantum Spaceman Spiff

Congratulations to the contributors. Loving the overall design, brilliant.

7. dragontech

dragontech Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh, I didn't know that badge. Sounds good then.

8. Chuuster

Chuuster Orbital Explorer

Congrats to everyone who contributed to Novakid! Now for stretch goal 2, fossils!

9. Zeklo

Zeklo Heliosphere

Congrats! I never saw this race until the stretch goal, I may not have chosen my race to be now...

10. LordPils

LordPils Orbital Explorer

A gaseous species that seems to have a cowboy theme and subverts the typical linear technology of most sci-fi stories. I approve, not that you need it.

11. fetalstar

fetalstar 404 Artist Not Found Developer

Ahahaha yeah, no Starkid badge please. :rofl:
    People are confused enough as it is!

But I think some sort of novakid badge for creating the race would be a really awesome way to give kudos. C:

12. Silverduke1

Silverduke1 Giant Laser Beams

i find it stranger when i listen to the music then without im weird :p

13. Forever

Forever Phantasmal Quasar

Depending on how much the devs change the Novakid, they very well may be my favorite race.

14. Klust

Klust Aquatic Astronaut

Novakid Cowboy's=1, Novakid Sheriff's=0. Congrats and I will definitely make one of these guys I always felt like space is just another modernized western setting.

15. Ya, a Novakid badge sounds like a cool idea. I was thinking about making one, but should I wait until they completely figured out the design? (like until they add the Anodyne look)

16. Well actually it's not just the Anodyne look they're trying to add. They're planning on adding Anodyne features to the lore as well. Whether it relates to the Anodyne's lore or not is beyond my knowledge.

17. Huh. That should be interesting...

Although it shouldn't affect a sprite, unless I decide to do something more complicated than what I have in mind right now.
    I guess I'll make one of the current Novakid sometime soon, and edit it later when they make the changes.

18. BrutorDragon

BrutorDragon Tiy's Beard

I must now choose. Novakid or Hylotl. I am trying to resist Fanart...
    MUST. RESIST. HNG~

19. Daj

Daj Big Damn Hero

A bit late but...

I don't see why the Brand selection can't also include some Brandless and slag-covered variations.
    A Brand Color choice would then color the slag instead.
    Any reason they couldn't do that?

Also, I could imagine the Anodynes being used for dungeons - perhaps allowing you to obtain their technology from raiding those dungeons.
    Lore-wise, the fact that Novakids are so spread out leaves plenty of room for different groups to develop different technology.

20. Axelthegreat9

Axelthegreat9 Subatomic Cosmonaut

i think it'd be a neat touch if the novakid cause an explosion when you die, like how the article says... hehe suicide bombs :p