Other Meet "Leia", the alternate reality twin.

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by Pudassassin, May 1, 2016.

1. Pudassassin

Pudassassin Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

So you wonder who Leia is (Not that Skywalker, seriously!), and why her name is so similar to Leah.

My personal reason is :
    1) My main game has progressed very far end-game, with Leah as my wife. But I feel guilty for her to stay at my house most of the time.
    2) I found this! : community.playstarbound.com/threads/villager-hairstyles.112294
    3) While I waiting for CA to surprise us with the major update. How is it like if I decide to play as Leah herself (or, at least, her twin)?
    And finally : what if I change her story, giving her twin sister with different background?

I gonna give it a shot and pose anything relate to so call "Leia".

The story begins with the parallel world of well-known valley where the land itself weaken and things tend to go horribly wrong. Leia (Leah of the parallel world) faced the loss of her beloved parents while they tried to protect her life in one of her supposed to be family's summer vacation. Now orphaned but determined Leia, with the help of locals, learned to live by her own with various skill, from foraging to combat.

While she is fine with the current situation. Time Magus have foreseen another story, as she will eventually lost her will if she keep staying in this valley, but sending her back to the city where she came form is not a good choice either, while it safe, she still have to face the loneliness by her own and farther make thing worse. Manipulate the flow of time leads to the unpredictable results, leading the Time Magus only choice to sent
    Leia to be co-existed with her twin in another timeline.

And now here she is, Stardew Valley, peace and beauty she once know, and soon to be her new hometown. Time Magus sent Leia here to meet with her twin, Leah, in hope to give Leia her new "family" and to fulfill each other's life, as Leia have long lost her dream to be artist since after that loss, and Leah have never faced the life changing tragedy before.

Twin's Greeting.png Elliot ftw.png Minin Diamond.png Multi-task.png Cave 1.gif
    Twin's Ex.png Greetings.png

Seriously.png
    Yep, renamed and reskin it, for reasons. (That is my main farmer)

I don't know if this will be considered as Fan Work or not. What is your idea so far?
    Hope you guys enjoy!

Edit #1 : Made a bit of prototype here.

Last edited: May 3, 2016
      Gabaw and rhomboid like this.
    • Last_Aeon

Last_Aeon Void-Bound Voyager

So basically... are you incest? lol jk. You're thai, aren't you.

• Pudassassin

You got some cruel joke here, but yes, I'm Thai. That will explain some of the grammatical error here and there.

• mrobake

mrobake Zero Gravity Genie

I'll be honest.

I don't consider that much as a 'fan work'. What you have provided here so far is still a scribble and the framework has no depth. Your synopsis is too short, have shortcoming, and ambiguous. One example, for what reason the Time Magus to specially cater to this particular individual "Leia", risking to have 'unpredictable results', as you said it, by sending her to another time line?

Also, I must ask to avoid confusion: you want to use traditional means of storytelling, or planing to make a 'let's play text adventures' style by deliberately building a story through linking ideas contributed by posters?
          If you mean the traditional, you've got to made the whole stories from scratch with your own creativity and ideas, entertaining others in your scheme.
          If you mean the let's play, you've got to set a clear foundation first and then wait for people to donate the ideas before linking the story.

As of now, I see your idea so far is nothing but a wishful thinking.

Sorry if I sound harsh. I just hope these helps in your endeavor.

EDIT: This is one example of let's play text adventure from some internet board:
          Code:
          http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/128667.html

Last edited: May 1, 2016
            Gabaw and Pudassassin like this.
          • Pudassassin

Well, I intend to be storytelling with a bit of twist.
            Having my own story written alongside my playthrough.
            And I make this thread here to see if this idea will work.

As you, @mrobake , said. It's still far from being a good story.
            I should do more research to even make a proper storytelling.
            Thank you for the respond.

(and you may not expect something like this from the freshman in computer engineering, do you?)

Gabaw and mrobake like this.
            • mrobake

Nevertheless, I am still expecting a story. 'Don't judge the book by the cover.' I took those words seriously.
              So yeah. Take your time, get those inspiration out of the head and mold them with wordings into an art.

• Pudassassin

Oh thanks, but you gonna wait for long time. Going to make it through the college exam.
                I once trying to do my own fiction, inspired by other game series, ended up never finished it.
                I'm fear that this will be another case, maybe not, I don't know.

Gabaw likes this.
                • mrobake

Can't rush an artist...

• Satashi26

Satashi26 Phantasmal Quasar

@Pudassassin In my experiance, it helps to write while studying as well. Your brain needs a break from studying constantly in order to process. And I'm being serious. I know a good chunk about psychology because my brother majored in it for a few years, and while in college myself, you learn a lot about it in order to write and develop games. For example, something like a door in a video game. Sometimes there really doesn't need to be a door in certain places, but there is. It's more than a point to move the camera following the character, it's also a break point in the mind. It helps divide the map up inside the player's head. If you think back to games that you've played, recall getting lost in a dungeon or so. You probably don't recall the exact layout of the map, but you might be able to recall cetain doors and that they go to other places that have doors... ANYWAY I'm getting off track!

My point is, make sure to take breaks from studying to inrease your ability to recall things :) writing a little inbetween can really help store that studying in longterm memory and stay with you. ^_^
                    Technically you CAN, but it depends on the passion, I think <3

• mrobake

*whip a crack* CHAPTER 17 WHEN :sparta::mad:

Gabaw, Satashi26 and Pudassassin like this.
                      • Pudassassin

Cave 1.gif
                        *Leia swing the Paintbrush* HURRY UP! (Just Kidding, lolol)

Gabaw and Satashi26 like this.
                        • Satashi26

It's done actually :) I'm just making you all wait until @Pudassassin posts chapter one!

Gabaw, mrobake and Pudassassin like this.
                          • Pudassassin

@Satashi26, you gonna delay the hype train indefinitely if you going to do this for me. Go ahead!

Gabaw and Satashi26 like this.
                            • Satashi26

:rofl: I'll post it later today. Needs a read over and something... else... MWAHAHAHAHAHA

• mrobake

O-oh, t-that's good news! I am happy that it's finished. Can't wait to... To-

*CRACK BIGGER WHIP* CHAPTER 18 NOW :sparta::mad::urgh:

But seriously, that's good news :)

Satashi26, Gabaw and Pudassassin like this.
                                • Last_Aeon

My jokes are always dark for some reason. I have no idea why.

• Pudassassin

• Last_Aeon

Leia was separated from her mom and sister when her dad divorced. She ends up wandering away with her dad and her grandpa for a while, before decided to move to stardew valley. Yet fate played funny as she met her long lost twin and sister, Leah.. Will she be able to reconcile with her sister, that will be revealed, in... *dramatic music*

Is that ok?

Pudassassin likes this.
                                    • Satashi26

Twincest? Thought it was altrrnate reality or so? But If you don't even know the person then I guess it doesn't really matter, since there is no sibling bond.

Pudassassin likes this.
                                      • Pudassassin

Nice idea so far, although I didn't intend to be bound by bloodline or something.
                                        Let just scrap the idea about intentional time-travel, changing it into unforeseen event or something that once such incident happened, what to do next is to accept the fact and live with the consequences.

just a part of the story I decided to rework with the idea previously proposed in the thread. Here goes nothing...

I recalled to the one strange day far back to the moment I was just a young girl enjoying the scenery of the summer -- the forest, the rural town, the mountain and the beach. The last one is the most memorable not because of the scenery, but one incident I've never forgotten. One time when I and my parents decided to take a trip to the beach and captured this very moment. And then let me play around the beach, while they recalling good old moments together, All was well, until...

"Wait... honey, look at that!"
                                        "Is that... Leah?"
                                        "LEAH!!!"

I heard my parents screamed my name, turned around only to see they weren't actually calling me, but someone else. I quickly run toward my parents.

"I'm here! Dad..."

Not before I could drawn attention from my parents, I have seen the reason why -- an orange hair girl lying on a piece of wood, unconscious, appeared to be washed up here. Her hair is the same color as mine...

"Oh thank Yoba, Leah! I just saw you drown and washed up here! I'm afraid that was actually happened. Are you alright?" My mom realize I was standing here, alive and kicking...
                                        "No, mom! I did't even think about swimming today. And who is this girl? Is she alright?"

Both me and my mom look back to the girl in question, she was still there...

"Let's talk about it later! I gonna do the first aid..."

In doubt but not panicked, my dad carried the girl up away from the wave and laid her face up -- and with instinct, he did whatever it take to bring her back to life.

"Phew!"

My dad sighed with relief, the girl finally awaken. I look at her face. No way to deny that, she look exactly me, like I was looking in the mirror, but she's right there.

We let the girl rest for a moment. before my dad decided to speak with her.

"What is your name?"

"L... Le... Le..ia" The girl tried to speak out, faintly, before she passed out.

Last edited: May 2, 2016