May 29th - Shields

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by OmnipotentEntity, May 29, 2014.

1. Lintton

Lintton Guest

He he, just reminded me of that episode of star trek TNG where Worf mentions with derision a ship locking on the Enterprise with lasers, Picard mentions that the weapons cannot even penetrate the Enterprise's navigation shields.(for those at home, these are not the "raise and lower" shields regularly mentioned, and are more designed to keep random space debris from breaking windows.)

In other words, the tech of SciFi can always change. One man's mighty weapon is another's "clumsy and random".

2. Lando_Stay_Beatin

Lando_Stay_Beatin Void-Bound Voyager

I know what'll give the sheild Bar a little more detail. Make the bar a shield and as you get hit make the shield fade

prodamn likes this.
  3. Lintton

Lintton Guest

I'd like a sci fi like capsule looking bar. Not sure why guessing at the opacity of a icon would add to defensive combat?

4. Piccolo

Piccolo Guest

Like, to implement them? Or to fix something wrong with them?

5. resistentialist

resistentialist Pangalactic Porcupine

Whether or not a weapon can be aimed is a property of said weapon. Only newly spawned items will have that property. Something you had from before (or from a mod that doesn't implement it) will not work.

6. Piccolo

Piccolo Guest

I'm not sure what you thought I was saying, but I was asking them if they believed they hadn't been implemented yet (so I could tell them they have) or if it was an issue they thought needed a patch to fix (to which I would either try to help them with their issues or simply keep that issue in mind and hope for a patch to fix it as well.)

Jbeetle likes this.
  7. Lando_Stay_Beatin

Lando_Stay_Beatin Void-Bound Voyager

They should make a legendary Shield that resembles Captain America's

8. Brassqund

Brassqund Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I am not surprise because you already had talk about that but this is really nice.
    Specially the possibility to block those gas cloud.

9. Mrmuncher

Mrmuncher Void-Bound Voyager

Am I the only one that noticed a couple of the new monster mechanics?! My gosh.:rainbowbarf:

10. jambox5

jambox5 Big Damn Hero

yes. explain what you saw

11. penguin055

penguin055 Pangalactic Porcupine

12. pumapardo

pumapardo Void-Bound Voyager

If you want to see more monster/combat mechanics changes you should see the last streaming

EDIT: It doesn't include the last shield changes

13. Juxtor

Juxtor Phantasmal Quasar

Cool. It looks like shields are starting to get a little more fleshed out . I do agree that there should be some more sci-fi type shields in the game. How about one that doesn't show as a shield while you're just carrying it, but when you ready it, it activates an energy field where the physical part of the shield would be ? The only possible change to the current mechanics would be to make it so the image of the shield can change between ready and non-readied state and it would be nice if there were animations of the energy field as well while it was ready.

14. CelticImp

CelticImp Void-Bound Voyager

why not call it a stamina bar instead of the shield energy bar?

15. Sh0elace

Sh0elace Phantasmal Quasar

looks good!

16. FulgurLupus

FulgurLupus Void-Bound Voyager

I remember when me and a friend attacked a pirate ship and i had to hide in a corner with my shield up for 10+ minutes, spamming bandages while he ran to my aide xD

17. Khrono

Khrono Big Damn Hero

Love it! Could I make small suggestion? Have the bar vertical and beside the character (To the left preferably).

18. Psycho Hyena

Psycho Hyena Phantasmal Quasar

Well isn't feedback the point of showing the community? So that now you might take some suggestions on board as you more fully develop the concept?

Piccolo likes this.
  19. Hebephryo

Hebephryo Phantasmal Quasar

I hope all those bars will be toggleable. I usually can't see anything because of all those UI "things".

20. Sledra

Sledra Slotherator 2.0

Hi I'm Sledra, I've decided that people who roll up into news threads and post nothing but complaining about lack of updates will get their posts deleted because they add nothing! Should you have issues with this new policy please send @mollygos a message explaining how such nonsense adds to the discussion rather than starting derails. Your consideration in keeping this thread ontopic after my post without using it as a jumping off point for more crazy is greatly appreciated.

Last edited: May 30, 2014
    Captn, Akado, Elate and 6 others like this.