May 27th - Glowing Staff Fun

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by OmnipotentEntity, May 27, 2014.

1. xbonedragonx

xbonedragonx Astral Cartographer

wow, and if this is only the first stage, i can't wait for the next two. Amazing work as always! (i currently have over 500+ hours of gameplay, i think I am obsessed)

Darklight likes this.
  2. extremist

extremist Existential Complex

Reminds me of Christmas.

3. Karramellie

Karramellie Void-Bound Voyager

Very cool, hope the bug fixing is going well!

But I'm kinda confused about that staff item
    Is it just a unique item, or is there some kind of "magic" that is being implemented that I haven't heard about?

4. xbonedragonx

xbonedragonx Astral Cartographer

its possible if they create the staff with a similar? coding of a spear, which while making aiming easier (silly boy, real mean just shoot). I agree though i like the idea of the staffs gem aiming. But what is a staff without a Gandalf worthy raise and a cry of "DIE".

5. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Considering the whole "ore-sword" thing is a lame hack some overly-creative people came up with that's not a planned-for feature...

6. lpp911

lpp911 Zero Gravity Genie

None shal pass hehe :D great animation guys :D

7. Archer

Archer Spaceman Spiff

Your mistake to pay for it tbh if you're not satisfied, it was kinda obvious that the game would still need optimization at this stage, because a lot of other indie games in development follow this pattern. Sure they optimize little things hand in hand with the new content from time to time, but the big optimizations usually happen later (I hope). Minecraft for instance did it like that as well, it's very playable nowadays while this wasn't the case a while back.

Jbeetle and Darklight like this.
  8. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

That charging animation is like gardevoir in a short cut in Hot way maiddress... sexy and attractiv

Kawa likes this.
  9. AdenSword

AdenSword Pangalactic Porcupine

This be beta. Any update = Good update. Nuff Said

(especially the bugfix updates :))

Darklight likes this.
  10. Dyskord

Dyskord Scruffy Nerf-Herder

http://playstarbound.com/how-the-beta-is-going-to-work/

They even said this _before_ the beta started.
    As for Minecraft being very playable.. From what i heard you need a highend machine for it to run sufficiently "good". On my Comp it definitely doesnt run great. (Playable though, but performance is horrible ;D)

11. Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

Well, I'm going to reinstall the game after not playing since Dec.
    I hope it is much better since then.

12. DaMattGuy

DaMattGuy Space Spelunker

Which is good, because it's super hard to make a good pause feature in a multiplayer game (here's looking at you, StarCraft).
    Sure, people are paying for this. Here's the thing though: Steam has the game under the section
    Early Access
    Honestly, all they are missing is a huge flashing neon sign. Personally I feel that if you jump into an early access game, having done no research on it at all, then you kind of deserve to get burned.
    A few minutes of research into Starbound's forum was all it took to find the updating schedule. A few more minutes of reading told me that the game is being managed by a competent staff, if a small one, and was being followed by a (mostly) good community. So, yes please, sign me up.

Oh and by the way, being too lazy to translate to English on a site where they requested you write in English is only hurting your case.

Jbeetle, Darklight and Kawa like this.
  13. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

add lightsabers and slow motion.

14. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

ᕕ( ◉ل͜◉)ᕗ TUESDAY UPDATE HYPE ᕕ( ◉ل͜◉)ᕗ

15. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

Thats going to be very handy for my Megaman X mod :) I hope it supports charge and charged sounds

LongChan likes this.
  16. Brassqund

Brassqund Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

The magic... of SCIENCE!!!

17. Jarod

Jarod Cosmic Narwhal

Nice Animation i'm excited

18. LongChan

LongChan Cosmic Narwhal

I'm very hyped about staves, since I was one of the magic-supporting dudes back when the forums where established. Omni, will those staves use the whole arsenal of projectiles that the game already has or are you guys working on new specific stuff?

19. Acrond

Acrond Yeah, You!

Magic? I thought this was a space sci-fi game, magic will totally ruin the game for me

20. Amisolus

Amisolus Big Damn Hero

I love PSO and i love you @_@

Kiajinn likes this.