May 21, things happened

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by kyren, May 21, 2014.

1. Nohar

Nohar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well, it seems that the whole development-machine is running again.

Good luck to the team!

2. Hessmix

Hessmix Orbital Explorer

I'm happy to see all these dev posts and it shuts down all the negativity from the trolls.

3. Ajear

Ajear Void-Bound Voyager

Ooh, how nice. Will the space bunnies/prairie dogs also have holes to hide in when someone approaches?

4. Brassqund

Brassqund Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I really like the idea.
    Even if I like random, RANDOM!!!!!, stuff a little control and logic would be great.
    You talk about density so... some biomes will be more dangerous than other?

5. RatixFarrence

RatixFarrence Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm just going to assume that this will result in many V2s of said biome mods.

6. Ponjkl

Ponjkl Subatomic Cosmonaut

This is good! no longer the same monsters in asteroids and jungles!

7. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

It seems rather obvious, doesn't it?

8. ninja1361

ninja1361 Void-Bound Voyager

Im hoping to see a large variety of mobs, seeing 3-4 types of mobs per planet (surface) with 2 being aggressive and sometimes 2 being passive, I really find it repetitive. If there was like a more random generation involved (This is similar to spores 3 herb,omni,canivor creature system) And a more variety or more variety's that match their mini biomes would be nice..

Overall Im excited about the addition of biomes (I been waiting for the sea biome quite sometime) But Im not psyched about the mod community taking the blow, so its quite a bittersweet addition.

9. narfball

narfball Void-Bound Voyager

Awesome to see more development going on. I have no criticism because I'm a lame fart, just glad to see stuff coming along.

10. Palewolf

Palewolf Void-Bound Voyager

They could probably give a default profile to any biome lacking one.

11. Toasty Goat

Toasty Goat Void-Bound Voyager

I'd like to see monsters that fight each other, like a sort of ecosystem. I like to read about Starbound's progress, so keep it up. :)

Ramones_fan likes this.
  12. Madzai

Madzai Phantasmal Quasar

That's neat, i can say all new stuff looks very good and interesting. But could we, please, get some info about new progression system? Because, at least for me, it's literally the most important thing in SB.

13. Drakaden

Drakaden Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love the new surge of news from the whole team, it's refreshing to see what each of them has to say.

14. PylonBuffering

PylonBuffering Orbital Explorer

is it bad that when he mentioned divergence of biomes, i was reminded of the book 'divergent'?

15. BlueSmoke

BlueSmoke Scruffy Nerf-Herder

These daily updates.

[​IMG]

Lobo, MilkCalf, Hatsya Souji and 3 others like this.
  16. adriano66

adriano66 Aquatic Astronaut

That's the thing this site was missing from the beginning.
    It doesn't have to be daily, but as the game is a work in progress It's good to know what's going on even if those are little things.

Keep up the good work guys!

BlueSmoke, Hatsya Souji and Nymall like this.
  17. MottSpott

MottSpott Void-Bound Voyager

A+! Hooray!

18. Slitsen

Slitsen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Really great to see things kicking off again with all the new ideas and stuff going on!
    Best of luck to all of you in your new studio!

Btw, loving the tiny bits of daily info.

19. Karramellie

Karramellie Void-Bound Voyager

Cool! I'm definitely excited to see a wider variety of monsters in the game.

Although we do have a pretty good amount of different ones, it would be more interesting to have more situational control of said monsters, maybe being able to see them before they charge you and such, seeing as the spawn areas are so close to the player.

Progress! so sexy

20. Zouleena

Zouleena Pangalactic Porcupine

You had my heart at "field full of bunnies" <3

[​IMG]

ThatMadCat, SeaMichelle and Piccolo like this.