RELEASED Madeline's Recolors: Farmhouses, Barns, Coops, & More [Updated 10/23 - GREENHOUSE MATCHES!] for V1.1

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by madelinealex, Mar 15, 2016.

1. madelinealex

madelinealex Phantasmal Quasar

Hi, everyone! I first put out a few sets of recolors in March of 2016. With the 1.1 update I'm back and modding again! I have a mill recolor and shed recolors out to match all of my sets at the moment. <3

Note: I don't have a save file with all buildings. As a result, I haven't been able to test several recolors. If you have access to a save file with all buildings that you could share with me for testing purposes, I would GREATLY appreciate it! If there are any problems, just let me know and I will fix them for you as soon as I can.

WHAT'S NEW? [Updated 10/23]
    • All farmhouse recolors now have the greenhouse edited to match! All future farmhouse recolors will have the darker wood greenhouse as well.
    • A Christmas inspired farmhouse & farm building recolor set! This is NOT the winter inspired set - that's still to come!

My To-Do List:
    • Summer & Winter Inspired farmhouse recolors
    • Farm building recolors to match season inspired farmhouse recolors
    • Recolor/retexture some furniture items
    • Kitchen recolors
    Changelog:
    10/23/16: All farmhouse recolors now have the greenhouse edited to match the dark wood. Added Christmas inspired farmhouse & farm building recolors.
    10/22/16: Added summer inspired recolors of the farmhouse and all farm building. Mill & shed recolors uploaded for all old sets. Also added a disclaimer/TOU for my recolors at the bottom of this post.
    03/24/16: Added a flower box version of the spring inspired farmhouse recolor.
    03/24/16: Added spring inspired recolors of the farmhouse and all farm buildings.
    03/22/16: Added the rest of the fall inspired building recolor set. Includes: all coop upgrades, all barn upgrades, stable, silo, and well.
    03/19/16: Took down the plum & pink farmhouse recolor as I'm pretty dissatisfied with it after attempting to recolor other buildings using the same color scheme. If you saw the picture and want the download link PM me for it. Otherwise, I'm going to work on a different version & upload it at a later date. Added fall inspired farmhouse recolor & credited Zhuria for allowing me to edit her rusty trough fix stable since I forgot to when I uploaded the stable last night :facepalm:
    03/18/16: Added the rest of the tan & navy building recolor set. Includes: all coop upgrades, all barn upgrades, stable, silo, and well.
    03/18/16: Fixed a transparency issue with the restored greenhouse. Updated all files to reflect this fix.
    03/15/16: Added tan, navy, & indigo farmhouse recolor.

03/14/16: Added tan, navy, & green farmhouse recolor and plum & pink farmhouse recolor.

FARMHOUSE RECOLORS

I've made a few small changes in addition to recoloring the houses. The 2nd & 3rd house top windows have been made 1 pixel smaller at the top. The 3rd house's door has been changed. I made the window smaller and higher and made the indentions in the door the same size and centered them. I also moved the door handle up a bit and made the doormat look the same as the 2nd house's.

Evergreens & wreaths in decorated versions are furniture items from the game. Wreaths were slightly edited for size.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Download Regular Version Here
    Download Decorated Version Here

FARM BUILDING RECOLORS

Barns, coops, stables, silos, sheds, mills, and wells for your enjoyment! These will be uploaded in full sets. If you see a new farmhouse recolor above, a matching set of farm building recolors will soon follow (usually).

Stable edits were done using Zhuria's rusty trough fix stable, with her permission. You can find her lovely version here. <3

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Download Full Set Here

Link includes a .rar with all files and the
    individual files if you don't want them all.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Download Full Set Here

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Download Full Set Here

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Download Full Set Here

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Download Full Set Here

HOW TO INSTALL:
    1. Download the .xnb file of your choice.
    2. Find your Stardew Valley Content folder. For most, the directory for the Stardew Valley folder will be something along the lines of C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\Stardew Valley\Content.
    3. Locate the file you will be replacing by either searching the Content folder or poking around the folders yourself until you find it.
    4. BACK UP THE FILE YOU'LL BE REPLACING! A mod could cause an error with your game, or you may want to switch back to the original file in the future. Back it up just in case!
    5. Drag a copy of the file to the appropriate folder and write over the original file with the new one.
    6. Load up your game and enjoy your recolor! :love:

DISCLAIMER: PLEASE do not upload my recolors anywhere else! Unless your edit is different enough to where you can say you were just "inspired" by my palette or whatever you want to call it I would prefer you not edit and reupload my recolors anywhere. The only exception is if I have been offline for a few months and an update breaks the recolors and/or an issue is found with a recolor. In that case if another kind modder fixes it they have my permission to upload their fix. All original artwork credit goes to the ever-so-lovely CA, of course. :love:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
    • LittleTeemo

LittleTeemo Astral Cartographer

I can't see the picture?

• madelinealex

I changed the image link to an imgur link, is it working for you now?

• LittleTeemo

LittleTeemo Astral Cartographer

it is working now =) thank you, it look beautiful

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

These are super pretty. Can you do like the same recolor scheme but instead of blue maybe pink?

something cutesy/feminine ? :3

• madelinealex

Thank you so much :D

I'm working on a recolor right now that has more of a dusty rose/plum color scheme. I plan on doing a set of "cutesy" recolors and some more "rugged" ones in the future. :)

taintedwheat likes this.
              • taintedwheat

Omgahssshhh sounds super effing cute :3 I cannot wait

• madelinealex

It's out! It came out a little differently than I intended. If you have any tweaks you'd like me to make let me know :D

• taintedwheat

Omg its adorable! I love it. I was also imagining a off/egg-white house, pink roof, but I'd definitely use this too! As for tweaks on like recolors, idk if you saw a post I made on another thread, but if you do recolor the stables, can an edit option be where it is aligned with the house's roof?

• miryuo

miryuo Zero Gravity Genie

would you mind making a version of the blue house with the door mat color of the purple house? what would be lovely ^^

• madelinealex

Sure! Still the same tan siding?

• miryuo

everything else can stay the same, just the door mat color... thanks a lot ^^ <3

• Meevers

Meevers Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That tan and navy house. <3 Think I'll definitely consider getting it once the coop/barn/stable all match it. Beautiful work!

• madelinealex

It's uploaded! Let me know if there are any issues. :)

Thank you! <3 That's my next task. I'm marrying Harvey in two in-game days but I wanted to wait until CA releases the patch fleshing out after-marriage dialogue, so I'll have plenty of time to do that since I won't be playing :) Expect it soon!

Meevers and taintedwheat like this.
                              • taintedwheat

Nice, being married to Harvey in-game (and pretty much a RL version) is cool. Whattagoodguy.

• miryuo

thanks you so much. i love it. :)

• madelinealex

You're welcome! :) Glad you like it! <3

• miryuo

hm, did this also replace the greenhouse? just noticed that its not transparent anymore :/

• Meevers

Meevers Scruffy Nerf-Herder

When you get around to doing the rest of the buildings I'd love to see a smaller silo rather than the big one like this mod. :3

• madelinealex

Uh oh, can you send me a PM of what's happening? I didn't have any issues in my game but I want to see what's going on.

EDIT: Issue has been fixed as of 03/18/16!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016