1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Ludicriously Low FPS - No Pausing in Single Player

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by TheHolyInvader, Dec 4, 2013.

1. ZangooseSlash

ZangooseSlash Black Hole Surfer

"Initialized SDL Joystick"
    I think this may be your problem? Some games have performance issues when joysticks are plugged in.

2. crazygamer2255

crazygamer2255 Phantasmal Quasar

Why does everyone complain about FPS, i have a less then low end pc and i get at least 40 FPS, and people are all like, er mer gerd, i'm lagging, its like i don't know it but im from the future, and a low end pc in the future, is the best pc right now, yet u cant run something like justcause, the walking dead 2, or COD...

sankto likes this.
  3. Hugt

Hugt Phantasmal Quasar

So I did the "run as admin" trick... THIS RUNS TOO SMOOTHLY AHHHH

Serenity likes this.
  4. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

The beauty of pc is adapting the down side is figuring out what is the problem when other games run fine.

5. teilnehmer

teilnehmer Existential Complex

That's because high or low end is not the relevant category. Some PCs run the game well, some don't. This runs across sheer power and is likely connected to some random combination of parts in the computer that Starbound does or doesn't juggle well.

Also, the logic behind your post seems to be "I don't have problems on a bad PC, why is anyone having problems?". That's because your experience is not universal.

6. sophomorealex

sophomorealex Space Hobo

Hello, I've read through page six of thread, but none of these things seemed to have worked for me (or, quite frankly, I was a little to stupid to figure out what to do). I have a six year old computer, but I'm not convinced this is the problem, as I use steam for this game like other people, and they have said this was the main problem. So far I've changed the compatibility for the launcher to admin, but everything else either didn't apply to my computer or confused me.

I appear to have the same issues as most of the people here, which is extremely low game play, so much so that it is unplayable for me. Without exaggeration, I get 1 fps. I would like to be able to actually play the game, and I would be very grateful if someone could help me.

7. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

What other people experience is basically irrelevant. The issue could very well be your computer specs. 6 years is a LONG time in computer terms. Also consider this thread is rather old, so the issues of the past probably are not the same as issues today.

What are your computer specs? And can you post your starbound.log file.

8. sophomorealex

sophomorealex Space Hobo

my specs can be seen here

i'm in the starbound folder but i cannot find my log.

9. lazarus78

Its in the storage folder.

Your specs are barely above minimum. Your performance will be poor either way.

10. sophomorealex

sophomorealex Space Hobo

If my performance will be poor either way, it doesn't really matter to me.

Thank you for your help.

11. lazarus78

Yeah. Second generation i3, 4GB of ram, and integrated graphics, that is a budget level laptop. You can't expect much from that 6 years later.