1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Lost my flashlight...

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by SecretSmoke, Dec 5, 2013.

1. SecretSmoke

SecretSmoke Void-Bound Voyager

Anyone know how to find/make one? Coords or anything? I think I threw it away by mistake but this is killing me D:

2. Twilight Phoenix

Twilight Phoenix Void-Bound Voyager

You can find them in chests, I saw one in a house a bit away from my base on the starting planet.
    Outside of finding one though no idea.

X: -17647012 Y: -85421840

Should be the coords

3. crusender

crusender Space Penguin Leader

You find them offen in chest, some whit different light color

4. SecretSmoke

SecretSmoke Void-Bound Voyager

There's 6 planets in that system. Any idea which it was? ^^;;

5. Zinerith

Zinerith Cosmic Narwhal

Just look around for a village or town of some sort on any planet. I usually find one in the chests/crates there

6. destrozates

destrozates Void-Bound Voyager

I lost mine too!!!

I don't know how?!?!?

7. Cola

Cola Orbital Explorer

It probably started him on a threat level one planet, so that should narrow the choices.

8. Madzookeeper

Madzookeeper Void-Bound Voyager

you won't find the same things in chests. that's completely random. there will be a chest THERE... it just won't have a flashlight in it most likely.

9. stumblinbear

stumblinbear Cosmic Narwhal

They will be the same, everything in a planet is random, but Starbound uses coordinates as seeds for the random. Its the same way that Minecraft uses seeds. If two people use the same coordinates, the planets, biomes, chests, and everything in them will be the same for all players.

10. Madzookeeper

Madzookeeper Void-Bound Voyager

it's already been posted that the items in chests are random. period. so you won't get the same loot in a chest, but the location of said chest will still be there, the same as finding a gun selling NPC will always be there. just like that castle on that one world will always be there. the LAYOUT of the world will be the same, BUT the loot in the chests/crates/wardrobes/what have you will be different the majority of the time.

people have already complained about this in other threads, so... what you said isn't completely accurate.

11. Lexas

Lexas Aquatic Astronaut

Wrong. How did I not get the same tech ugrade other people found in a specific chest?

12. clockworkservant

clockworkservant Aquatic Astronaut

Yep, pretty sure this is correct -- chests are completely random in our experience.

13. OobleckTheGreen

OobleckTheGreen Space Kumquat

To the OP, find any Glitch village (Avian too, but Glitch are the best) and search every container in town. There's a REALLY high chance of finding another flashlight in one. This is definitely one of those items that should be craftable. If I can craft a robotic crafting station, I should be able to make a simple flashlight :)

14. hanamayhem

hanamayhem Aquatic Astronaut

Wish I could help you out there. :( I can't stop FINDING flashlights!

... Or hold up, you know stuff on your character (but not ships + planets) carries over from Multiplayer to single player, yeah?

15. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

I want to point out that this thread was made December 5. The OP has probably found a flashlight or made a new character.

hanamayhem likes this.
  16. hanamayhem

hanamayhem Aquatic Astronaut

Ahhh, I feel silly! Sorry about that.

17. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

Honest mistake.

18. Fiben Bolger

Fiben Bolger Pangalactic Porcupine

I'll tell you how you lost it:

"Who needs torches. I'm pro MLG. Just using mah flashlight underground. AAAAAAAAAHHH! WTF! WASD! WASD! WASD! Q-ASD !".

19. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

flashlights are ALWAYS findable in abandoned mines
    if your lucky to find one,
    if your luckyer it can also be colored

20. Azure_Frost

Azure_Frost Space Hobo

just lost mine randomly on a planet.. it's not lying around anywhere in the area, and I've never found one in an abandoned mine/village.. WTH, Starbound?! QnQ