1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Lost bookmarks and quest progress

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Pavoazul, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Pavoazul

Pavoazul Space Hobo

Let me explain: I was playing starbound, just completed the quest: Penguin weaponary testing site, and power went off. A few minutes after, I reentered the game to find Biggy had dissapeared. On further investigation, I disscovered that the ore shop was closed (bears needed the teddy bear again), and so, with most shops. Not only that, but my bookmarks were gone too! While bookmarks were quite helpfull, time will help me find the villages marked. What really bothers me tho, its that I dont know if I will be able to buy on those shops (terramark for example). Has anyone suffered this problem before or maybe something similar has already happened? Thanks for your help

UPDATE: Quest npcs like Nuru, koichi, etc, have also disappeard.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  2. Trinosaur

Trinosaur Big Damn Hero

Yeah this is a common issue happening to people. If you quit/crash/BSOD/power outage or whatever while it's overwriting your universe files, they will become corrupted and end in .fail. It treats your character as new, drops you off at a random gentle star and your main mission progress is reset.

the GOOD news is that you can recover your bookmarks by hunting through your files.
    http://playstarbound.com/how-to-retrieve-your-home-planet/

The BAD news is that your progress is permanently lost and you need to redo all main missions and re-unlock the outpost shops etc. Starbound staff still hasn't addressed this issue and I wish they would. This happened to me and my husband and many others. :(

3. Pavoazul

Pavoazul Space Hobo

Problem is, I am doing the apex mission, completing it will get me the previous shops and npcs? (for example, will Nuru be back at the outpost?)

4. Trinosaur

Trinosaur Big Damn Hero

I mean like, you have redo Ester's quests, and the outpost quests that originally unlocked shops and stuff. My understanding of this bug is that the whole outpost got reset. Somebody was telling me earlier that they were unable to find the quests to even take them? If that's the case for you, you may have to make a new character and do the outpost missions that way; I believe main mission progress carries over between characters.

5. Pavoazul

Pavoazul Space Hobo

I see, thanks

6. loveofchaos

loveofchaos Space Hobo

additional fun things about this glitch, self started colonies will need to be replaced (they stop giving gifts/quests) and fluffallo stop producing products.
    Really wish chucklefish would atleast acknowledge the glitch, I live in constant fear of my progress being reset again.

7. Trinosaur

Trinosaur Big Damn Hero

Wow nice. That sounds lovely. 8)