1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Lopunny Race Mod PG V0.1

Add Lopunnys as a playable race.

1. Ochiru Yuki

Ochiru Yuki Existential Complex

its a rather interesting idea, tho i haven't been working on any updates for the mod as of late due to majoring other games and events atm.
    Ill look into it and see if i can make the crop.

2. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

I know the feeling. Life seems to get overwhelming really quickly.

Crops aren't too hard to make, by the way. The hardest part will be spriting the crop.

Also, what do I do with the eyes folder in the download?

3. Ochiru Yuki

well its there should you wish to use a image editor to change you eyes for the lopunnys. There were meant to be implemented but never manage to get them to work as a selection in char creation. apologies should it baffle you. However i did leave a note regarding it being there.

as for the sprites, it should be fairly easy, that or its gonna be a remake/ edit of the tomato.

4. Ochiru Yuki

ima get cracking on that oran berry crop, tho ima make it a insta grow.... should others not want that just cast you vote in.

5. Ochiru Yuki

Ok so I've done the sprites and need you guys to help debate weather it should be the original tree color or a green foliage version.

Current crop:
    [​IMG]

Original Oran berry tree:
    [​IMG]

6. Ochiru Yuki

Mackinz likes this.
  7. Mackinz

Looking good, but, if possible, I'd like to see it in the XY tree colors. Too bad there is no such resource available online yet...

Also, you should modify the ship locker contents to include it, if you haven't.

8. Ochiru Yuki

should you make a new char it should give you seeds, for chars made the seeds are craftable.
    as for the xy trees i haven't played the game nor seen the games content, so i have no idea in the sprites.

in other new, im get some sleep... bee up scince 11 pm and im starting to get loopy.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  9. Mackinz

Nope. You give the new characters the berries, not the seeds.
    Code:
    {
      "__merge" : [],
        "lopunnyStarterTreasure" : [
        [0, {
            "fill" : [
              "beamaxe",
              "flashlight",
              [ "torch", 10],
              [ "carrotseed", 3],
              [ "oranberry", 3],
             [ "carrot", 10],
              [ "humanstarter", 1]

],
            "levelVariance" : [0, 0],
            "allowDuplication" : false
          } ]
      ]
    }
    I modified it for you (also added Wheat Seeds into it, while removing the Carrots):

Code:
    {
      "__merge" : [],
        "lopunnyStarterTreasure" : [
        [0, {
            "fill" : [
              "beamaxe",
              "flashlight",
              [ "torch", 10],
              [ "wheatseed", 3],
              [ "carrotseed", 3],
              [ "oranberryseed", 3],
              [ "humanstarter", 1]
            ],
            "levelVariance" : [0, 0],
            "allowDuplication" : false
          } ]
      ]
    }
    Also, the lopunny.species file should really have Carrot Bread (itemID : carrotbread) and Carrot Cake (itemID : carrotcake) under Tier 1 instead of Burgers and stuff. Much more fitting. :)

Then I will change them for you because I just planted some Oran Berries in my Pokemon X. If I remember correctly, they aren't an orange tree anymore (and them being an orange tree was kinda weird...).

10. Ochiru Yuki

well i pourposely just removed the wheat seeds, as for the accidental berry only and not seeds i was my sincere apologies. ill fix it right away.

ill need a ref if you want me to change the trees tho.

11. Mackinz

I think all races should start with Wheat Seeds. Very useful, especially for those two recipes I mentioned as one requires Bread and two Carrots (perfect for Lopunnies everywhere) and the other requires Wheat, Carrots, Eggshoot and another thing (useful after exploring a few Forests). It would be a great boon to the design of the race to include Wheat Seeds. :v

I'm working on a reference for the trees in XY. It's quite annoying because XY uses models instead of images, so I have to take the images myself. I got a nice one for the sprout so far!

12. Ochiru Yuki

well i just need the color scheme is all.
    wheat seeds are re-added considering your valid point. (ich war ein Idiot)
    I feel so off fixing my miss hasp due to lack of sleep and volunteering with said condition.

Im kinda rushing thing here and getting things together now so i dont have to make a v2.0 supply drop like 5 sec after the v.19, so what info can be given now would be great.

Mackinz likes this.
  13. Ochiru Yuki

is there anything else i should fix recipe, item wise?
    ill change the tree color for a better look.

14. Mackinz

Not really. I don't think the face of the Lopunny is shaped 100% correctly (I'm gonna try moving some pixels later), but that can wait.
    To do that, you'll need some references.

Here's the sprout image I mentioned before:

[​IMG]

(It also has a really small, almost unnoticeable green spike in the middle.)

Here is the fully grown tree that I found by googling:

[​IMG]

The middle tree is the Oran Berry tree with a mutation (the yellow berry on it).

15. Ochiru Yuki

well im not changing the entire tree, just the color.
    as for the lopunny sprites design i worked as best i could from scratch, let alone it was made in reference for best compatibility to Starbound.
    (i will not be changing the lopunny design anytime soon, sincere apologies)

Im considering adding you to the special thanks notice in the supply drop! (not sure if anyone reads any of my notes sadly considering the notices i get about the unimplemented eye color change...)
    Many thanks for your help in fixing my mistakes, i hope i wasn't to bothersome or seem like a jerk to you.
    I honestly can describe how sorry i feel to make these changes right after a update.

16. Ochiru Yuki

im recoloring the tree now and will post a preview when im done.
    im suprised its a dark shade of blue green, i just saw a vid where it was a bright green, but ima stick with the blue green since it has a better feel to it.

17. Mackinz

I'm taking these images to learn some spriting for my own mod ideas, but you are free to use them as you wish. (My berries just grew to the next stage in-game so I'll take another picture and upload it... Two more after that.)
    No doubt you worked quite a bit on it. My issue is really minor, however and will just require some minor pixel moving.

Specifically, it has to do with the shape of the forehead. Seems too bulgy for my tastes. I'd like to see more of an indent, but that might be a personal thing.

Much appreciated!

If you improved upon on the formatting of your mod page, I think less people would miss the important stuff like that! A section specifically labeled for and devoted to installing the mod would help in this case.

Now that you bring it up, I was hoping that I wasn't coming off as a jerk for pointing out your mistakes and helping fix them... Nothing wrong with another update in one day, though. It just shows you're developing the mod! ^^

18. Mackinz

It got darker in-game because it's night-time IRL, but here is the second stage of growth:

[​IMG]

After this, there will be a flowering stage, and then the berry stage.

19. Ochiru Yuki

Ill see what i can do about the body sprite but ill not be anytime soon.

as for the tree the recolor is done (foliage and wood), ill work on original sprite later tho.
    Let me know if this is any better.
    [​IMG]

To think to be a jerk after these event, not at all. If anything you've been helpful point out my errors and shearing you opinions, and above all else you still show great kindness to me! You haven't made demands, insulted me, or even shown disdain over the mod.
    Im actually over joyed to the point that i would gift you something, tho trouble is i don't have a penny to my name nor any ideas how to show my gratitude.

Mackinz likes this.
  20. Mackinz

It's okay. I'll do it when I get around to it since it's so minor. :)

Much better! The only way it could be better is if it were re-sprited to look like the images from Pokemon X and Y but that isn't important. Oh, and the old images were off-center in stage 0 and 1, so I fixed it in my version but I do not know if you did so here. Just move the first two images over two pixels each.

Thank you for that!

In the spirit of helping you out even more, here is my take on your mod page (to clear things up more).

Text in (brackets) is usually an addition I suggest making that cannot be shown in code:
    Code:
    (put Lopunny character creation attachment image here)
    (indent) (text size 5 or 6) The Lopunny
    (italicized) by Ochiru Yuki, a.k.a. @[USER=257329]Munenori46[/USER]

After awhile of playing Starbound, and seeing all the mods others have made, I decided to prove to myself that I could make a working race mod. So, as a recreational project, the Lopunny race mod started. It took about 4-5 days to create, code, and release the mod in working order,  including all its custom content.

I give it to you!

Now you too can be a fluffy Lopunny!

What this Mod Adds:
    [spoiler](insert Lopunny in Apex uniform attachment image here)
    - A playable Lopunny Race (Male and Female)
    (indent) - A WIP namegen with a few Hellsing references
    (indent) - Has a slightly customized Human ship (gold trim)
    (indent) - Starts off with Carrot Seeds and custom Oran Berry Seeds
    (indent) - Starts off with Carrot Cake and Carrot Bread food recipes
    (indent) - Customized starting codexes (Prologue, Directive, Origin)
    (indent) - Customized first quest dialog
    (indent) - Custom injury sound effects

Custom items and objects:
    (insert Oran Berry crop attachment image here, and add new one of the Oran Berry food)
    (indent) - Oran Berry Crop
    (add new attachment image of Lopunny with transparent clothing equipped here)
    (indent) - Craftable transparent clothing (for a more natural look)
    (add attachment image of Type-C flute here)
    (indent) - Type-C (A flute made from a Carrot)
    (add new attachment image for Spawner here)
    (indent) - NPC Spawner (unlocked at the same point as other races)
    [/spoiler]

Planned Features :
    - Whatever I can think of! (I'm taking suggestions!)

Reporting Issues :
    If you find an issue, or just want to make a suggestion, please either post in the mod thread (insert link here) or make a private conversation with me. My English is not the best as I am fluent in German, but I can try to respond in English.

Install :
    1. Download Starbound and Mod
    2. Download and open the Lopunny's Supply Drop.zip file.
    3. Ignore "eyes" folder and transfer the "lopunny" folder from the ZIP file to .../starbound/mod folder.
    4. Create new character and start playing!

Uninstall :
    Remove the lopunny folder from your mods folder. (Character will not be playable after this, and any items from this mod will turn into Perfectly Generic Items on other characters)

Special Thanks:
    DrPvtSkittles : His Bunnykin Race mod acted as my inspiration and introduction into Starbound mod making and coding. Apologies in advance should this be of unfavorable use.
    Mackinz : (insert reason) (;D)

Thank you for your time and Auf Wiedersehen!
    Also, I was going to say this earlier but, the Oran Berries are OP. Level 3 mollyhealing is a lot for a crop...

Here is my suggestion:

Code:
    {
      "itemName" : "oranberry",
      "rarity" : "Common",
      "inventoryIcon" : "oranberryicon.png",
      "description" : "A berry that heals and taste of mixed flavours.",
      "shortdescription" : "Oran Berry",
      "effects" : [ [
          {
            "kind" : "food",
            "amount" : 10
          },
          {
            "kind" : "health",
          },
          {
            "kind" : "energy",
          }
        ] ]
    }
    This makes it more like the Oran Berries found in the games!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014