1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for help with a Starbound series! (Writers, Voice Actors, Editors)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Noc, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Maybe I'll just listen to the chat tomorrow or somethin'. [​IMG]

2. AlphaMongoose

AlphaMongoose Ketchup Robot

I'm a smalltime comedy writer IRL.

3. Skype has text chatting.

4. HappySailor

HappySailor Subatomic Cosmonaut

can't a part of any skype convos this weekend, but i will be more than happy to assist in writing and voice work-I have a very deep voice so that can come in handy.

5. Hebi

Hebi Subatomic Cosmonaut

I can help with writing. Creative Writing major here, I'm going to be at college and out playing cards a good portion of tonight. However, I will add you to skype and go from there.

6. Ya, that's why I was unsure if they were voice chatting or not. But I guess I could always use that instead of talk while everyone else is talking.

nababoo likes this.
  7. Yaxlat

Yaxlat Existential Complex

Sounds like a cool idea Noc (or Alex?) I would be happy to help with any sort of story line, and play a role as a starbound character. I'm not too sure about voice acting, but I can try to give a helping hand in all areas. Please tell me if you would be interested in having me on the team, if not I understand, but If so I'll add you on Skype.
    Edit: I can also do a lot of general things to help, like building in game (I'm a good terraria builder) and getting things organized. Sounds like a cool idea!

8. Intermission

Intermission Void-Bound Voyager

I saw voice acting and I figured I may as well post here.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0R2MDzWwCoL < Here's a voice sample. :3

My skype is vvthatoneguyvv

edit:
    Just wanna say too, that I have a lot more range than just "sleepy 20-something doing a quick recording to showcase how bored I sound all the time."
    If you need me to do aliens or whatev, I got that shit covered too.

pigrocket, TTCBuilder, Noc and 3 others like this.
  9. I bow to your voice. o_O

nababoo likes this.
  10. Intermission

Thank you. I just speak and that happens all the time. I can't go anywhere without steppin' over the bodies of the prostrate and all that.

Yaxlat likes this.
  11. Lagoz

Lagoz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like your voice :p

12. I'll just kneel instead. xD

nababoo likes this.
  13. Intermission

That's a much more noble position than throwing your body on the ground like most people do.

And with that, I'll monitor this thread when I get back home from work. Hopefully someone will want me for something and I'll be able to take part in some nifty things.

14. Pigeon

Pigeon Cosmic Narwhal

Can I be a writer?

15. I cannot match this voice.

Reminds me of Arin Hanson.

I JUST WANNA SAY THAT I OFFERED TO BE A WRITER BEFORE ANYONE ELSE SO THERE

nababoo likes this.
  16. Yaxlat

amazing voice .

17. DawnOfNights

DawnOfNights Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Dat voice...
    I can provide a retarded white south-african voice if you want :catface2:
    (that was a joke, I still want to have some dignity;) )

18. Yaxlat

Starbound Series Application Form
    1 - Indicate which of the following roles you would like to perform.
    a) Builderb) Voice Actorc) Actord) Writere) Editorf) Composerg) Artisth) Other (Please state)

So I can do a c and d, and can help doing small other jobs.
    1.1 - If Other, state job here.

2. - Provide a sample of your work to backup your selection. (Optional for Builder/Actor, but if preferred if possible)
    Builder: I don’t have too much. This looks a bit odd because of some terraria bug, but it looks pretty cool:
    app_pic_1.png
    In this one the glitch really shows :(
    app_pic_2.png
    app_pic_3.png

Thats basically that :p not that impressive, but all my other builds have been griefed, deleted or cant find them.
    Writer: Well I write small things every now and then, and I might just write something for this. Ask me a theme to do it on, and what to do (script, story etc.) I think I might be good for getting the general story theme, and maybe certain pieces of text, I can word thing alrightly. I am not in any way professional at this, and have no college majors, I’m just an alright amateur writer. So just tell me something to write, and how I should write it, and I’ll give my best shot.
    Actor: I can do minor roles, but nothing big here. I might be able to take on a voice acting role, but I doubt it.
    I can also, as stated earlier, just help do small jobs and stuff. I think I can put a good story together as my main job though.

3. - State the reasons as to why you would like to be a part of this project.
    This sounded like a really cool idea, and I want to be part of something to do with this game when it comes out, since I was following right from the moment tiy said he might be working on a game, and it wasn’t even going to be called starbound, back in the day :p
    4. - For management purposes, provide your time zone.

GMT 0, London.
    sorry for the purple, but thats just there so Its not black, as it was before :p

19. Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

Applications are now mandatory to join.
    Starbound Series Application Form

1 - Indicate which of the following roles you would like to perform.
    b) Voice Actor
    d) Writer

2. - Provide a sample of your work to backup your selection. (Optional for Builder/Actor, but if preferred if possible)
    www.youtube.com/thegamingram
    OR for older stuff
    www.youtube.com/dynafols

3. - State the reasons as to why you would like to be a part of this project.
    Umm, I'm kinda bored. I think it would be fun. Its a good chance to become more experienced. And its also a way to become more noticed :p

4. - For management purposes, provide your timezone.
    CST - La US

Noc likes this.
  20. Yaxlat

thx for the builder, just tell me what I should write and I would gladly do it.