lol "mod support"

Discussion in 'Other' started by affsd, May 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. affsd

affsd Zero Gravity Genie

Nope. If you're inclined, get an admin to check the logs and check both of our IP's.
    I think your quote's broken.

2. D3RSkully

D3RSkully Void-Bound Voyager

Caps lock is not cruise control for cool. You just appear to be losing your temper.

Zoolot likes this.
  3. Adallamus

Adallamus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My feelings about the rest of the post. Who did you expect to sway or influence posting this thread with such little evidence? For the record, Gmod is rather successful, as are other games with mod support based in Lua (Like Cortex Command). Little to no "Hacking" is going to make a difference - especially with servers that utilize whitelists to log on and can permanently ban a user. Seriously, it's like you wanted something to complain about.

Zoolot and D3RSkully like this.
  4. affsd

affsd Zero Gravity Genie

Sorry about that. Fixed.
    Yes, this.

5. Zoolot

Zoolot Existential Complex

"yelling" nope, I don't see a single person yelling in here besides you two.

6. D3RSkully

If you don't have any evidence to back up your reasons, then why are you saying things that most likely wont come true. I highly respect and trust the devs to live up to what they have said they will do and make it safe for everyone.

Zoolot likes this.
  7. Miss Andry

Miss Andry Cosmic Narwhal

this thread is pretty dumb

WoxandWarf, D3RSkully and Zoolot like this.
  8. Adallamus

No, really. What's your suggested fix? You're not really outlining a problem that will be wide-spread enough to matter. Terraria of all things still has numerous servers that live un-griefed due to a whitelist, since you seem to love using it as an example. Are you going to discount the fact that terraria has wide, game-changing single-player mods like red cloud?

9. affsd

affsd Zero Gravity Genie

Well, do you respect the devs of Minecraft? Anticheat? Nope. Community made anticheats for bukkit, namely NoCheat, NoCheatPlus, and Anticheat. Even though they're all steaming piles of shits with false positives.
    How about terraria? Anticheat? HAHAHAHA THAT'S A JOKE. Community made TShock. Anticheat's slightly less of a joke.
    Do you see the pattern here?

10. Zoolot

Agreed, they just don't understand that you can't really gauge how intense the hacks/mods etc will be until the game is out.

11. Tojo

Tojo Existential Complex

Lets try and keep things civil. You can get heated but the moment you guys start mudslinging the thread gets locked

D3RSkully and Zoolot like this.
  12. affsd

affsd Zero Gravity Genie

Better mod support! Less possible exploits! Being able to actually add code!
    kk, sorry.

13. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

Because the devs are going to make a whole game that with extensive modding and server support, but forget to put any protections in. That is the assumption you're making.

14. Adallamus

The game isn't released yet. How do you know the mod support is bad at all?

As it stands, you don't have any idea what the mod support is like, so your stance is full of holes.

15. Miss Andry

Miss Andry Cosmic Narwhal

how do you give better mod support to a game that doesn't even exist yet

Zoolot likes this.
  16. Adallamus

Congratulations, you've contradicted yourself by saying you aren't assuming the anti-cheat is bad, but you want it to be better than it will be when it starts.

Zoolot and D3RSkully like this.
  17. D3RSkully

Your message there got slightly difficult to read. I do respect the devs of minecraft. They have allowed for mods to be in minecraft due to the fact it adds to it its content. Heck the new update contains a mod called "Mo creatures" or at least some of the features, the devs are even working with the mod developer of mo creatures to add the features into the game.

Using hacks on a minecraft server is condensed and controlled using content from others as the devs (at least I think so) dont see the hacks. All they see is people having fun and sorting out problems that affect them as a whole community. Which may or may not happen with Starbound.

Zoolot likes this.
  18. affsd

affsd Zero Gravity Genie

I'm not SAYING that we know what it is like now, I'm saying that it SHOULD be good, or giving suggestions!

19. Zoolot

Yes, then tell them directly, and in a more concise manner, how this thread was set up, including its title doesnt really seem like the most constructive thread at first glance. While its true that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover you should still not make the cover look horrible.
    'lol "mod support" ' just makes it seem like you're going to take a jab at the developers, which I know you aren't.

20. affsd

affsd Zero Gravity Genie

Okay, I'll fix the first post real quick
    Edit: fixed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.