Living Planets (Or Planatary parasites) Revamped And Ressurected

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by Nightly, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Yumi

Yumi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Don't forget that new worlds get created when these giant cosmic space turtles mate, which is also known as a "Big Bang".

PositivAndroid likes this.
  2. Mushi26

Mushi26 Big Damn Hero

I see what you did thar. :p

Stickman1 and Yumi like this.
  3. Assassinsillusion

Assassinsillusion Starship Captain

Good idea for a difficult challenge but still realistic within reason

4. Stickman1

Stickman1 Phantasmal Quasar

:iswydt:
    Thats about "Big Bang Theory" series

5. Yumi

Yumi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Actually I was talking about the k-pop group. :facepalm:

6. Stickman1

I know.
    I just failed to do a joke about a joke about a joke :(

7. ore9ore

ore9ore Subatomic Cosmonaut

Great! I also thought of it. I remember hearing something about "idk-what" living planet on Dr. Who.

But, I preffer that those living planets being made of flesh (or organical materials) and not of stone, ground, water, etc.
    No ores: only bones, nerve endings, demon or alien blood, and mutated flesh.

And maybe friendly living-planets that support building and living on it, and other agresive (any contact on their surface will unleash tentacles, biocides, stomach acids, teeths, spickes, etc)

Also, maybe an whole planet boss (the boss is the planet itself)

8. Stickman1

I tought soemthing like diggind the whole planet if it has a non-central nerve system.

9. ore9ore

Idea: how about traveling THROUGH the nerve system?

10. Mushi26

Mushi26 Big Damn Hero

Antibodies and virus purgers could be the enemies. Water could be . . you know . . blood.

ore9ore likes this.
  11. ore9ore

Agree with the enemies. And about the "water"... Great idea! Submarine fight in gray colored water emulating "gray matter" that goes through main nerves. WOAH!

12. Blazerer

Blazerer Void-Bound Voyager

A'Tuin requires feeding!

13. Crazyon

Crazyon Master Astronaut

What about a type of lava blood?
    Such as, you could be digging and you dig into a "Vein"...
    And the room your in begins to fill with blood...

14. Nightly

Nightly Cosmic Narwhal

Hah. References.
    And as for everyone else with your ideas. First of all a few of you apparently didn't read it like AT ALL.
    1: This idea has NOTHING to do with Dr. Who and I haven't watched that show at all.
    2: The planet DOES have organic tissues and if you read the stuff you would know it lives in the SHALL of a planet.
    3: You cannot travel through its nerves or veins as the organism's internal structure isn't a larger version of our own.
    4: Unlike most organisms its "blood" is also its stomach acid, albeit a watered down version that's easier to dispose of.
    5: THESE THINGS WILL NOT BE FREAKING FRIENDLY! EVER!

15. ore9ore

ROLF
    1: I didn't say that has something to do with Dr. Who, I only said that I heard the same idea of a living planet itself on Dr. Who show.
    2: With SHALL you mean SHELL? Because if it is so, the 5# point, with friendly I consider better said NEUTRAL. If you settle on its shell, and you don't harm it, it would let you live on it. Also, like remoras with sharks, etc. the living planet will let us live on it in exchange for clean it from parasites, defend, clean its teeth from unwanted (unwanted for the living planet, but maybe wanted for us) things.
    3: Sorry, I didn't read that nerves, etc. aren't larger version of our own.
    4: You mean that blood will be acid, and that acid can be neutraliced or dissolve for making less danmage on us WITH WATER? Superb! I really like that idea. It could introduce "dis"solutions on the game. A good Idea, pal! ;)

Also: I only wanted to add ideas, not to bother you, sorry if I did.

16. Nightly

Nightly Cosmic Narwhal

Yes I meant shell by shall. I made these in order to answer most of the new posts quickly so I wasn't talking to you with the Dr. Who stuff. The acids in its veins and stomach can't be watered down or destroyed (until the planets dead) cause that would let you steal its stomach treasure waaaaay too easily. And I consider 'neutral' a form of friendly. The Living planets view ANYTHING that isn't from the planet when they took it over as a threat. The parasites actually develop from the planet itself ( our scientists are trying to figure this shit out) and will harm any and all organisms that aren't another parasite. However the parasites can only survive inside the Planet thus protecting the wildlife. In order to clarify how much the planet hates you let me put it like this. The only things NOT trying to kill you live on the shell (however the planet can stick tentacles through said shell if you piss it off).

17. Mushi26

Mushi26 Big Damn Hero

. . . there could be space whales. :3

18. Nightly

Nightly Cosmic Narwhal

Go check Dragonith if you want creatures. He already has a space whale and giant space squid. He makes the best creatures ever.

19. Commander Shepard

Commander Shepard Phantasmal Quasar

Wow very cool. Very cool.

20. Stalkish Cockatiel

Stalkish Cockatiel Existential Complex

If you kill it, it should start to fossilize. It would turn grey in time, most of the tissue decomposes, the harder muscles stay there and turn gray into a rocky substance. Just a thought, maybe if you get to the center, you can destroy the brain?