Living Planets (Or Planatary parasites) Revamped And Ressurected

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by Nightly, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

Ya know you can't keep me behind bars forever...

2. Senshiro

Senshiro Void-Bound Voyager

I have gotten rid of bars. Technology has upgraded to... ummm.... mini black holes!

3. Alucard I

Maybe we should start a conversation? Flooding is out of favor here.

4. Blazerer

Blazerer Void-Bound Voyager

Now perhaps I'm overthinking it, but wouldn't killing the organs kill the planet? And as such have the entire ecosystem die out which will destroy the atmosphere which will make you suffocate in space?

An Incognito Tuxedo likes this.
  5. Alucard I

No. I zan explain it. Our planet isn't a "living planet", it's just a "pile" of rocks, dirt and other things. The only living creatures are people and animals with plants. If we kill everyone, I'm sure that atmosphere won't disappear, 'cause we aren't the ones who create it. The same thing is with planet. Are you sure that atmosphere is created by planet?

6. Senshiro

I agree, to preserve other people's sanity, we must take this banter somewhere else.

7. Nightly

Nightly Cosmic Narwhal

Yes and no. I suppose killing the planet could result in a slow lapse of destruction causing the entire planet to slowly collapse ( Aka grab that loot and GTFO) OR Killing the internal organs will simply prevent the planet itself from moving (as well as its defences, the parasites will still be there) And keep the ecosystem intact as it will have a giant fertile corpse to feed off of. Either way its pretty bitchin.

8. Nightly

Nightly Cosmic Narwhal

I dunno I kinda like your guyses banter in the forum here. Gives me something to read.

9. Senshiro

Still a pain for other people who come in here to read your suggestion. (This is pointless banter right now anyway) :proper:

10. Nightly

Nightly Cosmic Narwhal

Well it IS up to you guys what you do. :yeahhhh:

11. Senshiro

I would continue, but I think I might've :fusrodah:ed the other guy across the universe

12. Blazerer

Perhaps a chance calculator on which it is? Based on general stability of the ecosystem and damage done to the planet in the progress. If you destroyed most of the 'carcass' there wouldn't be much to feed on. I like the idea though (Also +1 for ponies)

Our planet is a gigantic ecosystem in which every part clicks into an other. Should we remove flora and fauna our atmosphere would be entirely different, and may very well collapse should it happen suddenly.

13. Nightly

Nightly Cosmic Narwhal

You sir are very well versed in how this works. Heres a thing for your smartness. :cookie:

14. Blazerer

I love cookies, thank you! ^^ Couldn't have done it without you though as this is your thread after all.

15. Nightly

Nightly Cosmic Narwhal

Blargh newyears Blargh

16. Blazerer

Why is the monster's paragraph so small? The text is somewhat hard to read like this.

17. Nightly

Nightly Cosmic Narwhal

I dunno. I must have entered it in on the wrong number. I shall fix it immediately.

18. Nightly

Nightly Cosmic Narwhal

I have fixed the problem and have added a section on the insides of the creature. N stuff.

19. Blazerer

Looks interesting. As for innards though: Any idea if the innards are generally the same as a human's or perhaps a cow's innards? (multiple stomachs) and when is something a 'fatal' wound. Are the brain and heart 1-shots or does it have backup systems? Does it need to be fully destroyed, only key parts or simply a %?

I like the idea of stomach acid. Perhaps it could be added as intractable liquid so that it can also be used for pitfalls and the likes?

20. Nightly

Nightly Cosmic Narwhal

Since this is a buncha questions i shall try to answer them in one complete answer. The innards of these planets are a large labyrinth of squish insides, parasites, small organs (non essential), and stuff.The only FATAL wounds are created when you kill the core organs :iswydt: and im pretty sure the will organs fight back (just like the final boss of fossil fighters) since the entire thing has parasites n all. Its gunna need organs that can defend themselves. As for capturing the stomach acid, that would be near impossible. Heres two reasons. A: You need something to transport an incredibly powerful acid that melts through most things (lewts excluded) and B: you would need something to PUT the acid in where you want it since itll likely dissolve dirt, rocks, wood, some metals, and blah blah blah. Although now that I think about it most acids can't dissolve glass and since the loots are made outta metal and they don't dissolve... Ok you can have your transportable stomach acid.

On an unrelated note, however.

Blazerer likes this.