1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Linux 'command not found' error - Resolved

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Biidi, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Biidi

Biidi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

First off, I'll admit it. I'm a TOTAL linux newb. Windows for life and all that, but the machine we run servers on is Linux. Mepis to be precise. I know how to navigate it via both gui and console but that's about it.

To the problem! Steam and Starbound both install fine. But as soon as I use the launch_starbound_server.sh file it tells me "bash: starbound_server: command not found". I check and the file IS there. Am I doing something wrong? Is there some step that I unknowingly skipped?

The reason I want to use this machine is because it is already hosting our Minecraft server and the router/firewall is set to do port forwarding to it and it's such an enormous pain in the rear to change.

edit: Got it working (I think). Seems I wasn't using the right command to start the sh script which is odd since I used the same command to start the Minecraft server.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013