1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Like a Boss.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by A.N.T.I., Mar 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ecchiholic

Ecchiholic Cosmic Narwhal

Hard question since there are so many possibilities, but I'd like to see a boss like the eater of worlds but this time he really eats worlds. :up:

Kairne, starman and Madmarlon like this.
  2. Maunokki

Maunokki Phantasmal Quasar

Squiddles.

But on a serious note, some kind of a huge tunneling worm that burts through a cave wall without warning and creates huge caverns as it burrows through the ground.

Myonmallow and xanthicDruid like this.
  3. Red Space Monkey

Red Space Monkey Phantasmal Quasar

Hehe, I just looked on Ghostar's profile and it read "Viewing Thread like a boss." xDDDDD

4. Bob the Biscuit

Bob the Biscuit Starship Captain

I would like faction based bosses like Darth Vader...
    Or maybe a dragon like boss...

5. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

I really want a boss that has strategy to it, like Zelda bosses. Whereas in terraria it was just shooting or stabbing them to death.

Bob the Biscuit likes this.
  6. Ecchiholic

Yeah, that would be cool and also be more fun. You could do some bosses in Terraria while drinking tea and playing with the left hand, since it was just wack it till it drops. Maybe even to that point where you have to communicate per voice with your friends like in WoW Raids (but bosses also should be able to be done solo).

7. uigfnbxs

uigfnbxs Big Damn Hero

I'm thinking, Darth Vader. It fits in space, no? :p

8. Ryfyle

Ryfyle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A squad of Super Mercs and their drop ship, An Entertainment Group and their Stage Team, Noisy Kids and their Dog, All periodically trying to take over your station.

Bonabopn and Zerokanu like this.
  9. Ecchiholic

From what I've read up to this point. This sound like the most annoying boss ever.
    "Yay! Fireworks!" - "NO! I just didn't hit!"

10. Keirndmo

Keirndmo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's the floating cheese of dooooom!
    I would like to fight something metroid themed...
    Fight the omega pirate and get the phazon suit!

11. Zerokanu

Zerokanu Void-Bound Voyager

A gigantic beard that eats everything.

12. Ecchiholic

Sounds creepy, but would't it just be a giant toupee if there where no face that links with the beard?

13. Zerokanu

Zerokanu Void-Bound Voyager

Then it should be a gigantic ball of hair that eats everything, like in katamari damacy. but it won't eat buildings, just little parts of it, and about persons, it will just take you for 3 seconds taking some of your health and then throws you to the ground.

14. EmperorNuthulu

EmperorNuthulu Aquatic Astronaut

What about a large boss creature that sort of acts like a Mumakil from lord of the rings? As in it's a large boss with lots of smaller creatures on it. Perhaps it could be a more futuristic version, so you'd be trying to shoot down its legs while little aliens fire laser beams and Gatling guns down at you.

15. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

I think "The noisy kids and their dog next door" would make the best boss ever.

16. Matsu

Matsu Subatomic Cosmonaut

I wanna see something Unicron like. It looks like a normal planet, ok it's kinda metallic, wow it's really shaking, run for your lives planet robot of doom!

17. KuraiRyuu

KuraiRyuu Space Kumquat

I can see a robot/mech boss. Maybe even a giant alien saucer that hovers above the surface while shooting at you.

18. tps_SurvivoR

tps_SurvivoR Master Chief

any type of giant type monster would be AWESOME to kill :D

19. Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

As long as it isn't just insane "phew phew" at a boss until its dead, I want some type of challenge.

20. Frax

Frax Aquatic Astronaut

Bosses with unique patterns of attack, with certain weakspots that can inflict more damage (and in some other cases, the only way to inflict damage)
    As long as we avoid the Terraria styled hardmode bosses. They can kill you sure, but it's lacking the fun. And I'm not saying they're bad either, just disappointing...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.