1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Lightdrones [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Outdated Mods' started by Synit, Dec 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

I hope this isn't some kind of thread necromancy, but here's hoping this mod gets updated soon. I find the Light Drones to be a nice source of light and oxygen (Tier 3 version) that fits the Starbound lore.

2. Synit

Synit Subatomic Cosmonaut

3. Nanatan

Nanatan Void-Bound Voyager

hmmm i cant seem to get this to work and i dont have that many mods so i doubt it is that or maybe its not updated yet for the latest version of starbound?

4. Synit

It is updated for Enraged Koala.

Are you sure you installed the mod correctly? You are supposed to put the folder called "Lightdrones" into the mod folder. If the folder for my mod is called anything else than that it might be that you extracted it wrong and that it is located inside the folder currently in your starbound mods folder.

If not could you list a list of your mods so i can check for compatibility problems?

5. Nanatan

Nanatan Void-Bound Voyager

i ended up installing tabula rasa for easy mod accses xD. thank you though for taking time to respond to little ol me :3

6. monsto

monsto Subatomic Cosmonaut

Will this work in multiplayer? I assume I installed it correctly as the console says Detected and then Loading Star:: Assets from the dir. However, the craftable item doesn't appear on the benches.

7. Synit

It should work in MP, but for you only. Other players cannot see your drone. You could check in Single player and see if they can be crafted there, if not something is interfering with the addon.

I play with the addon in multiplayer, and i haven't encountered problems yet.

8. monsto

So for multiplayer, it needs to be locally installed, and not necessarily on the server?

9. Hawk Novablast

Hawk Novablast Black Hole Surfer

Wow, looks awesome! Going to play this for sure.

10. Synit

Yes if you want to use it for Multiplayer just use it individually. It does not need to be installed on the server to work, since mods are loaded regardless if the server has them or not. Other players just aren't able to see your drones.

monsto likes this.
  11. monsto

Thanks for the insight.

On a technical note, that's not good... client side mods that the server is unaware of . . .

Back in quake 2 days, this was the exact thing that started punkbuster etc. People in online tournaments had modified their local assets so that opposing players had giant spikes sticking thru them . . . since those spikes would clip thru the entire level, you could always tell where they were.

Then again, this game is still in dev and there's no cottage industry of 'sport' around it, so i guess it doesn't matter so much.

Anyway, thanks again.

King Nerd likes this.
  12. Mojodrago

Mojodrago Void-Bound Voyager

I love this mod so I made my own video:

13. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Ketchup Robot

very odd the mod stopped working for me, it isn't showing up in game even though I have it in the right place? would it have anything to do with these 'ghost' updates the dev's keep throwing out. I heard one of the updates broke some mods.

14. Synit

It's working fine for me, it shows up in the crafting table. And the drones are still there.

15. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Ketchup Robot

I figured it out... it seems that copy and pasting over mod files/folders after updating the game doesn't work. Any mod that comes with it's own player config file gets merged and I didn't realize this until I reinstalled from a fresh unzipped/unrared archive which explains why some crafting tables and items weren't showing up to begin with.

Basically user error :p

16. Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

Awesome mod, nice work

17. zilas0

zilas0 Intergalactic Tourist

The new nightly/winter build is released and the light drones messes up the game, AND I WAN'T THIS MOD SO BAD AGAIN!!! I would be so happy man truly :)

18. yoshinatsu

yoshinatsu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is my *favorite* Starbound mod! Lightdrones simply HAVE to become vanilla sometime!!
    Oxygen supply may be a skill now, but the major feature of the mod, the LIGHT, would still be as useful as ever!
    Will you please update when the stable version comes out? PLEASE!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
  19. Synit

Yeah i will try to, or at least give the mod on to someone who have a bit more time ;) Don't Worry.

20. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

I can still give you the updated files i made just for my own use in nightly, you just need to make more effects like in Enraged version. The ones I made only have 3 tiers of light, which are not a pointLight type, so they illuminate some blocks around you. Let me know if that would be of any use.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.