1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Lightdrones [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Outdated Mods' started by Synit, Dec 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Synit

Synit Subatomic Cosmonaut

It is coming in the next update :) I MIGHT wait till the next patch hits so I don't have to redo everything again. However I am not sure.

Next patch so far:

v2.1 beta

-Added a combat drone which is upgraded from the Tier 3 Lightdrone. Combatdrone will add a small passive heal regen and a very small extra amount of passive energy regen in addition to what the Tier 3 Lightdrone was capable of. (You will still have Light, Coldprot. and Oxygen on the Combatdrone)

-Added more specific drone crafting materials instead of just normal bars you will need to craft mats like Drone Core, Drone Casing, Thrusters etc. (This might not make it in the next update as it is a lot of work. But it is on my to do list.)

-Blueprints are now known from the start of the game. Old way to unlock recipes removed as it seemed to unintuitive.

-Added Tabula Rasa support, items can be found in armor tab.

All the changes are subject to change.

About the idle animations I don't think it is something I can fix. I do not think there is a way to animate armor items when the character is idle. So as long as this is the case it probably will not be fixed. However is someone has information on if it's possible do not hesitate to contact me :)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  2. Etherdreamer

Etherdreamer Phantasmal Quasar

I not a code wise, but, I ve hear alot in other games, about "dummies", they are (sorry if not the exact definition) entities that have a special setup that allow some tricks.

For the drones, you equip something that summon this dummy that acts as an entity (or pet), but is untargetable, invincible, with the abilities the drone provide actually, and off course, because is a entity you can provide animations and trigger based animations, like idle, movement, attack, movement+attack and a lot of other trigger based stuff.

Like: When your character is idle-non combat, your energy-heal overtime is doubled or 100%.
    When moving, your energy-heal overtime is halved or 50%

Because is an entity you can give him vulnerabilities, health, energy pools etc etc if you are going to add him a balancing system-clothing (just like the NPCs).

3. Etherdreamer

What are you talking about, I can craft the survival system right now.

4. nhkim08

nhkim08 Orbital Explorer

I really like the idea of the mod however it is quite unbalanced in terms of the resources used creating these drones. I am an adventurer in star bound that constantly roams around threat level 6 planets in search of aegi salt however within my 30 hours of gameplay, I couldn't find a single uranium ore. I wasn't sure if this was intended or not but my tech level is almost the highest possible. Maybe the cost for the tier 2 upgrade should be changed? Solarium is really common in asteroids but I am really not sure about uranium (or maybe its just my luck with uranium ores).

Cheers!

5. Synit

I will take a look at it, thanks for the suggestion ;) I haven't really had time to see if the the crafting materials were properly calibrated, and I only went for responses here in this thread and so far noone has really complained about it. But I will look into it an see if it needs a tweak ;)

Also how far down on planets did you go? Because Uranium on low level planets is usually down at the bottom if I recall correctly.

6. nhkim08

nhkim08 Orbital Explorer

I don't usually mine deep down, I walk around the planet and explore the openings that occur under the ground. I managed to find 12 uranium ores so far out of the 5 threat level 6 planets that I completely revolved around. Thanks for the advice! I will try mining deeper!

7. VIcariousViking

VIcariousViking Void-Bound Voyager

Fantastic mod here. I covered it in my latest episode of Starbound Mod Outpost!

8. Etherdreamer

I suggest you use a mod than could dig for you, if you donĀ“t want goes underground.

9. Aciel

Aciel Void-Bound Voyager

Great mod! perfectly fits with the feel of the game and is infinitely better than the stick-lantern. I noticed the animation issue as well, and wonder if it might be worth-while to just remove the visible thruster-flare and assume they hover via antigrav? (this is what I plan to do for my game once I get around to it)

great work again, and I look forward to seeing where it goes.

10. umbranos

umbranos Intergalactic Tourist

If I have this mod active and go in on a server, the game crashes for everyone who gets close to me (except if they have the mod as well).

11. Synit

Could you provide any more info? Do you crash as well? And if so could you provide the starbound.log (Found in steam/steamapps/common/Starbound) file after such a crash? Or better the logfile of other players if your know them personally, that would be a massive help.

12. Alphredo

Alphredo Void-Bound Voyager

I've found a little issue with the mod. It works pretty much as intended with all 3 versions but I've found that, at least on the server I'm on, if I equip it before beaming down to a planet I become virtually non-existent to any and all enemies or NPCs. Randomly generated enemies won't even so much as spawn. I can still talk to the NPCs, but they seem to think that I'm some sort of unknown species. Fortunately, after messing around a bit I found that if I unequip it and then beam down it works just fine. The NPCs and enemies all work as intended. I've yet to test it in multiplayer though. And I might have just not been paying attention but I could've sworn that it only started after I found and used the human mech tech blueprint. I'd installed the mod only a short amount of time prior to finding the tech though, so I'm not 100% certain.

13. tone00hi

tone00hi Aquatic Astronaut

i love this mod
    i like that it doesnt feel like a cheat, i have some sugestion for more tiers :)
    tier 4 add the comand { "kind" : "health", "amount" : 0.05}, so it heals the player very very slowly, you can add something in the description like nanobots insertion on your body that heals you or something.
    on tier 5 you can add { "kind" : "energy", "amount" : 0.5 }, so it regenerate energy faster and you can say something like the new kind of energy or something gives a boost to the nano bots and so they boost you in return :3
    on tier 6 add { "kind" : "runboostinitiator", "amount" : 0.30}, and i dunno say something about the nanobots get sinced with your body and you start getting stronger wich allow you to run faster ( and maybe jump higher, but i dunno the command for that :p )

mmm maybe the order its not the best one :rofl: but you can play around with it :) i leave the recipes to you :)

14. tone00hi

by the way love your pixel art :) im counting on you :)

15. Synit

Thanks, I was actually already working on using Mod specific crafting componenents, and nanobots was one of them for the later tiers :) the runspeed increase was one i had not thought about so thanks for that idea :)

16. tone00hi

yay i was noticed :3 xD love your mod, dont forguet the jump boost :)

17. Durlock

Durlock Pangalactic Porcupine

how about a drone that barriers the player at the cost of energy?

18. Luvr117

Luvr117 Void-Bound Voyager

It would be awesome if this was an NPC that flew around after you instead of being an armor item.

19. Synit

I did think of this, but then I remember how bad it would be because of the way the NPC AI is at the moment. It wouldn't be able to follow you around dungeons without getting stuck etc. So I don't think it would be good tbh.

20. Gantros

Gantros Pangalactic Porcupine

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but there seems to be a conflict with this mod and the Industrialization Persistent Farming Add-On. Anyone know a workaround for this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.