1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Lightdrones [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Outdated Mods' started by Synit, Dec 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Synit

Synit Subatomic Cosmonaut

Synit submitted a new mod:

Lightdrone - Drone providing light and cold protection.

Read more about this mod...

2. quintet

quintet Tentacle Wrangler

is it mp compatible?

prao060 likes this.
  3. Etherdreamer

Etherdreamer Phantasmal Quasar

Remember we need now oxygen support in our backs, could be nice if you can add a hi drone tier than provides air support.

4. Synit

5. Quirky

Quirky Seal Broken

Had a look made a few additions i.e. two extra tiers but ran into a few issues with people being disconnected upon beaming to the ship. Could be an issue of them needing the same mod files so will have a mess around but till then I've removed it from my server. Still a great addition and the addition of life support was easy :) Hope to see some additional changes.

Edit: would appear you've already been working on it :>

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  6. Old_Crazy_Gamer

Old_Crazy_Gamer Pangalactic Porcupine

Nice concept,

May i make a polite suggestion for the new types of drone:

Basic Drone: a drone that provides light (as flashlight or torch)
    Omni-Drone: a full flavor drone with many features
    Enviro-Drone: a drone that provides a limited heat/air/light bubble
    Heal-Drone: a drone that can heal you.

Ideas for drones can be endless depending on what abilities you give them.

Thanks for listening :)

7. Synit

Currently working on adding Life support to the last drone as well.

8. Synit

I cannot say really, i don't have the option of testing it.

9. AskalCanrith

AskalCanrith Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Please include a way to craft circuit boards too, they may be a bit hard to find for some.

10. Synit

11. Synit

It is already part of the standard game, it can be crafted on a wiring table.

12. CBWX

CBWX Pangalactic Porcupine

most impressive

13. AskalCanrith

AskalCanrith Scruffy Nerf-Herder

ahh the wiring table...the one crafting station I have never bothered with yet until now. Thanks and great job

14. Ravenholme

Ravenholme Big Damn Hero

I think I would actually move it so that the first recipe requires steel or perhaps even titanium (Because the Lantern on a Stick is a Tier 2 light giving item), so that the Light drone represents an upgrade from that. And if you move it to the Titanium tier, I would have the recipe require some circuit boards (But far less than the more advanced tiers) etc from the start, but keep the coal requirement for the first level.

For me, the placement as it stands feels a bit early and a bit out of touch with what would be required to build a drone.

I also feel the amount of solarium and uranium rods required is a bit too high, but that's just me

Something like:

Tier 1 (Created at Robotic Crafting Table) Requires:
    15 Steel Bars
    3 Circuit Boards
    30 Coal
    1 Laser Diode

Tier 2 (Created same as above):
    20 Titanium Bars
    8 Circuit Boards
    15 Uranium Rods
    4 Laser Diodes

and so on.

And so long therefore as the Tier 1 drone gives more light than a lantern on a stick and some heat, it represents an upgrade from the lantern on a stick at the tier above it, with an appropriately high cost involved (But not too high)

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
    Boresighted likes this.
  15. Synit

Thanks for the feedback

I did think about that, however I created the mod because I felt there was a huge lack of a moveable light sources right from the start of the game. Which is also why they are accessible so early on. I do see your point of the Lantern Stick being a higher tier item than the first drone however, it provides next to no light and is not really more useful than any other cosmetic item.

16. Ravenholme

Ravenholme Big Damn Hero

I think by putting it on the Robotics table (Maybe sans the circuit boards and diodes, come to think of it, maybe they should be replaced with something else - Silver and copper bars representing basic attempts at circuitry?) you make it be an upgrade from the Lantern on a Stick that people can manufacture before they actually leave for the Gamma Sector, then have the second Tier drone be one they can manufacture with Gamma materials if they can find the Uranium for it.

17. Synit

Ravenholme likes this.
  18. Etherdreamer

Etherdreamer Phantasmal Quasar

There is a lot of option, like shielding, yep nanite repairs, by small heal regen, it should scalate well with the late game.

My hassle about the bandage they don´t heal enough armor don´t cover much (mobs keep hitting you insanely high), So I was forced to use a bandage mod.

But after see the vanilla lantern I was thinking, hey this is a sci fi game, why you can´t have a multipurpose smart backpack?

Dunno if you can do this, but it could be cool and balanced you could add a energy use.
    Maybe a flare shooter? it could use the drone energy.
    even the actual light and breath support could use energy (off course in a pretty small amount that you don´t need constantly babysit the fuel)

Smart energy use, like the drone should not use energy in when you can breath normally. Even It could be possible (but is pretty complicated) creating a upgradeable GUI, when you can add upgrade stuff to your drone, and there make different drone cap slots. Energy capacity etc etc.

Is pretty complicated, but I wish to have a mod like this.

I not sure is even possible make a tech panel but for your drone, like the one the player is using.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
    Old_Crazy_Gamer likes this.
  19. Tacomancer

Tacomancer Void-Bound Voyager

could u add to the img how much heat value its given off in each tier.

20. Synit

Thanks for the suggestion, working on it ;)

Added in the 2.3 Update, thanks for the suggestion ;)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.