1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Levels of Difficulty?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Maka, Feb 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

Sorry for this long post, I don't want to multi-post ^^;

[​IMG]

For moving in space you could use space ships, or - in late game - teleporters (>implying there is another teleporter already on planet).
    For moving on planet you could use, as you said, jetpacks/tamed birds/etc., because cosmos is cold and have no oxygen :p
    Well... you talk about single-player mode, so you're right - you will share only the terrain. Somehow. Anyway, if your friend and you in multiplayer mode (>implying there are "play modes") have teleporters and you have coordinates, you can TP to him if he/she agrees (it's just my speaking but it would be a nice idea) :)

There will be multiple planets' biomes, so it equals more work for music makers. But the effect would be really great, right :)

Sorrow872 likes this.
  2. Sorrow872

Sorrow872 Big Damn Hero

thats what were talking about :D

3. Sorrow872

Sorrow872 Big Damn Hero

Yeah I heard about the biomes before, but what I want to say is, that the music should change with the danger Level. But now you come and remind me of the biomes. Head is smoking and I nearly die because of the whole lot of smoke, but then there's a lightning right in front of my eyes and I say "THIS is what the earth awaits, I must bring it to LIGHT!!!!!!!" and i wrote it down...... BIOME AND DANGERLEVEL BASED MUSIC THEME :ninja:(<------ to epic ninja. his raccoons ---->) :redpanda: :raccoon:

kezfr likes this.
  4. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

Lol'd
    Look how many tracks should be there: one biome need to have music for day and night, for being below the surface, for bosses etc.
    And now multiply this number by "danger level". (edit: I meant the number of different danger levels - so it'll be 3)
    ...And now by amount of biomes.

Huge amount of music, but it'll be worth making - if you read this topic, devs, consider making it and you'll have 3+ persons more happy :D

Ted Gu likes this.
  5. Sorrow872

Sorrow872 Big Damn Hero

I know it would be much work, but it would make it an even more AWESOME game. I HATE games without music but I Hate games with crap music even more. And what I heard about possible musics in starbound its really good till now. And I loved the much music in Terraria, but it got boring after a time. As more music as there is in a game the longer you play it, even if its crap. And Starbound is definitely NOT. So really good game plus loads of good music and you have a happy little guy sitting in front of his epic ninja singing some crazy songs and diggy diggy holes in his house. To say it clear ( I dont think thats right..... gramatically) I would pay up to 50€ for it :notworthy::coffee:

Ted Gu likes this.
  6. Nyss

Nyss Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You know that eventually people are going to want planets harder than level 100. I'd call them level 0 planets :p

Sorrow872 and Ted Gu like this.
  7. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

I don't have so much money :rofl:
    And yeah, Terraria corruption/hallow cave song remixes are great ^.^

So devs must make level 100 planets really challenging, even if you have pro gear on your character. In other words - as they said before. :p

Ted Gu likes this.
  8. Spike

Spike Supernova

I would like a dungeon-like planet that has an infinite depth, with things getting harder as you descend. It'll be like the good-old dungeon crawlers of the old; go in there with minimal weapons for that REAL retro feel.

9. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

So much win o.o
    But it should be another game mode, I think. There are 0 infinite depth planets in cosmos (at least I think like that).

Ted Gu likes this.
  10. Sorrow872

Sorrow872 Big Damn Hero

yeah this idea with the dungeon is good, but then it should have many more bosses (and music themes going wilder as deeper you get)(I think I should open a thread about ingame music if there actually is none... i should look for it.) And even more normal enemies, because otherwise it would get boring too fast (like the dungeon in terraria) and there would have to be many weapons. But as I heard there are more than enough weapons in the game :) Also it should have an alternate story line. I want to know why I am actually going into sure dead. But if there is an dungeon mode, I think there should be something like an zombey mode(dont have to be zombies) so that you get attacked at night and you can buy weapons from an arms dealer and so on.....(and so on including mercenaries).

11. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

I think dungeon doesn't need a story line, because it's never ending, as Ted Gu said :p

12. Nyss

Nyss Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Galaxy Rush Mode. Visit 100% random planets to perform a few missions each, getting harder and harder as you go. You start with scratch.

Casimir, Ted Gu and Sorrow872 like this.
  13. Sorrow872

Sorrow872 Big Damn Hero

also an very good idea.

Ted Gu likes this.
  14. Valkoor Moonblood

Valkoor Moonblood Existential Complex

It'd be nice if it told you the level of the planet before you landed on it. Like a "This planet will eat your heart and leave your husk for the blood penguins" warning. I'm also hoping that you have to do some sort of quest to open up the harder planets. Storyline progression=better gear and harder planets.

Ted Gu likes this.
  15. Spike

Spike Supernova

Perhaps you may purchase a scanner that will not tell you the difficulty level, but rather, the types of mobs present (swarms of X, clusters of Y, very few Z), and the planet's atmosphere. A difficulty meter would be a bit unrealistic, where as the phrase "a planet composed entirely of lava with swarms of sharp-fanged lava monsters" would instantly give a player an impression of how tough a planet really is.

Valkoor Moonblood likes this.
  16. Valkoor Moonblood

I like the idea. Although in my opinion it may need to be built into the ship at the start of the game, lest a new char accidentally go onto one of those "planets composed entirely of lava with swarms of sharp-fanged lava monsters" before they get the scanner. Or make the scanner be able to be crafted with beginning items that you can find on your first level 1 planet. That way you'd want to make sure to craft it before moving on to other planets.

Ted Gu likes this.
  17. Spike

Spike Supernova

But I want to see my favorite lets-players plunge to their deaths....

18. Valkoor Moonblood

I can't argue that fact. But look at it this way. Most of them wouldn't read the wiki, or "Starbound News", so they won't make a scanner anyway! :rofl:

Ted Gu likes this.
  19. Casimir

Casimir Pangalactic Porcupine

I would actually prefer the only way to discover how difficult a planet would be, would be to discover on your own how difficult it is. :devil:

It wouldn't be very fun for 'hardcore' players, if a similar mode exists in Starbound, so maybe they could get a scanner of some sort...but only warning of the higher difficulty planets, maybe 80-100?

20. KuraiRyuu

KuraiRyuu Space Kumquat

Just take a shot at the nearest mob. If it does almost no damage, run. o_O

Casimir likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.