Building/Ship Let's See Your Ship

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by Felonious, Dec 9, 2013.

?

What do you use your ship for?

1. Storage

748 vote(s)
    46.8%
  2. Decoration

676 vote(s)
    42.3%
  3. I can put things in my ship?

175 vote(s)
    10.9%
  1. Outlaw Star

Outlaw Star Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Made a visit to my Hylotl friend the Ancient Mariner, and he made this diplomacy ship that he flies around the galaxy to share his culture! Pretty sweet (made it using admin mode nightly build)

Attached Files:

2. Ashido59

Ashido59 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Petalia's old ship :DD
    [​IMG]

I recently got back into starbound and checked my screenshot library out of curiosity.
    This picture must be a year old at least, since then Petalia got wiped... :cry:
    I'm on my third serious character now and she was the first :love:
    This was way before ship uprades, hell even hunger was still a thing, I almost died from it actually if you look in the corner :p

I'm actually working on my Novakid Shi...TRAIN, I meant train. and uh it's taking a lotta time as you guys probably know. I've only got a few roo... WAGONS done but uh if you guys don't mind about seeing an unfinished product I could post what's already done. ;)

3. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

This is an old ship that I had made a long time ago. Somehow, the file still works with Upbeat Giraffe, yay! I've made a few changes to it (such as the teleporter), but it's mostly the same as it was back then.

Attached Files:

Biirdy Daysleeper likes this.
  4. shannyxvx

shannyxvx Space Spelunker

211820_screenshots_2015-05-01_00001.jpg 211820_screenshots_2015-05-01_00002.jpg /admin is a magical place :)

5. Jaber

Jaber Pangalactic Porcupine

upload_2015-5-2_21-5-13.png
    i removed all the dud nodes from the combinations on my combination lock so they're programmed by wiring to the appropriate memory chips instead of wiring a not chip into the combination chips, which let me compress the wiring by a whopping 75%. it was so much smaller that I was able to increase the input count from 4 to 5 and fit four 5-input combinations in less space than half as many 4-input ones using the old system. also managed to use a clock chip to get around starbound's awful "everything in the circuit is treated as on for an instant when the game loads" caveat that was screwing everything up and activating all the combinations when the ship loaded

i hope we get some wiring improvements soon because this entire room is bright red when I take the wire tool out and wire updating is like, not optimized at all so it causes a lot of lag even when it's not doing anything

but nobody cares about the wiring so here's a room i finally decorated
    upload_2015-5-2_21-16-2.png
    if you paint the vertical ship beams white while they're in the background they become the same color as unpainted beams in the foreground.
    outpost platforms remain the most versatile building tool ever. they can be colored to match any theme or to blend into the background to provide an almost unnoticeable building base that you can pass through like what I did with the terminal on the left side of the room

this game needs more decorative plant variety

6. gatosardina

gatosardina Scruffy Nerf-Herder

wait so what is all the wiring for?
    i do care about wiring

Dansec likes this.
  7. Jaber

Jaber Pangalactic Porcupine

it's a programmable combination lock
    the chips right in front of me in that pic store the last five inputs received to compare against the rows of xor gates on the left; when an input matches the gate turns off and when all the gates are off the final xor gate turns on and flips the switch

the previous setup for the combinations consisted of a 4x4 grid of xor gates w/each row corresponding to a step of the combination, with each memory chip wired into the corresponding chip and a not gate wired into the correct inputs like
    0 x 0 0
    x 0 0 0
    x 0 0 0
    0 0 x 0
    this is the sort of setup you'd need if you wanted to set up a lever to each gate that you could flip to program it, but since I had it set up to be programmed by wiring a not gate directly into the appropriate nodes, every combination had 12 xor gates that weren't actually doing anything. cutting them out freed up a HUGE amount of space and having fewer wire connections is always good because starbound is TERRIBLE at handling wire updates

8. Dansec

Dansec Void-Bound Voyager

It really nice, we should have a post showing wiring system like this... there is so many possibility

9. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

S.S Bustowia.png
    My personal ship that I built. It's currently docked in a landing field.

Shuttle.png
    Another ship. This one's smaller. It's just taking off.

10. Glub

Glub Aquatic Astronaut

Tried to make a Glitch Castle themed ship, a friend of mine helped me a little, we destroyed other castle and killed everyone there because we needed materials :³
    [​IMG]

Biirdy Daysleeper likes this.
  11. Deathedge736

Deathedge736 Giant Laser Beams

Help please. ive hit a bit of a snag. i have extra rooms in the ships i have.
    my human and apex ships are going to keep the standard background(I like it for them) but both have two very large rooms im not sure what to do with.
    my floran is only keeping some of the standard background. other rooms have been changed. no issues here.
    my avian still has the standard background due to the fact that ive been unable to find the avian tech block. im unsure what to do here. i intend to change the background.

my issue is what to do with my human and apex ships.

when i make a glitch ship imm going with an ice castle motiff. ice blocks will replace the grey walls and cover some floors and cielings, with snow and slush and a bit of water, with the ice props.

waiting for hylotl dongeons and town for a hylotl ship.

12. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

You could spawn in the hylotl stuff, since it's currently unobtainable. The glitch ice castle sounds really neat, I can't wait to see that! You could make a generator room for your human and apex ships, I typically use crystal-type blocks as the core. You could also make a "fusebox" room with tons of switches to all of your wireable objects. I made a fusebox room once so that I could set my ship into a "lockdown" mode where all lights are off, red emergency lights come on, and all doors lock.

13. Deathedge736

my human ship doesnt have a farm, reactor, or prison room. the large room is all the way in the back. I could just section it off and make 1 or 2 of those. the human ship does have a power room.

same for apex.

as for the ice castle: I should be able to post that once i actually start a glitch character. using the ice crown is also in the plan since the glitch crown turns into gray babyshit once you pick it up.

14. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

Glitch crown sucks, but like many items, you can recolor it using a dye mod or commands to be any color you want (including gold).

15. Deathedge736

I know. I would rather wait for that to reach the game. I like to see what i can do without mods.

also I may try to do somthing steampunk with my glitch instead.

16. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

You can already do it without mods, just it requires admin mode.

17. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

Space, the final frontier....

SerousStarship01.jpg

These are the voyages of the Starship Hammerlance. It's continuing mission - to explore the strange new worlds of the Serious mod. To seek out new life and new civilizations. To boldly go where no one has gone before.

The bridge has 3 stations and ample displays for good command of the ship. Behind that is the meeting room and captains quarters. Then the transporter, with all the living quarters divided up around the main lift elevator. The upper deck houses the comm array, then the majority of the Frakin Universe mod crafting areas. The lower deck has the cafeteria and bar, along with the medical bay and other mod crafting devices. The center room is unfinished, and in need of some ideas. The rear of the ship houses the engines and warp core. The three engines provide electricity and power batteries to run the rest of the ship.

Thoughts on the remaining area for development?

18. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

1. Main Room

I themed the walls Pink and Black. I think the colours mix in well and really set the mood. It looks relaxing and cozy.

[​IMG]

2. Storage Room

I just thought the Lockers looked nice and blended in with the black walls. 48 Boxes across 4 lockers = Lots of Space.

[​IMG]

3. Research Room

I thought it would be cool to add some lab style decorations in one room. This is a nice place for me to store the Stim Injectors. Also. The tiny room next to it is the changing room. All my clothes are in the wardrobe in there!

[​IMG]

4. Kitchen

Down from the Storage Room there's the Kitchen. The Fridge keeps all my food and there's a nice sitting area. Also, there is a toilet and sink in the other room. Just in case :p

[​IMG]

5. Dining Area

The Tier 8 Ships are too big for me. I don't need this much space. So this is really a room filler. A nice room for people to chat and gossip.

[​IMG]

6. Monitoring Room

Now you have probably seen this place is covered in Security Camera's. This is where I can view all the footage... Of me. The room below is just a corridor so nothing goes there :3.

[​IMG]

7. Bedroom

Just in case any space friends wanna stay the night. I dunno why they would want to though. Probably because of the cameras. But they're the latest craze :D

[​IMG]

8. My Bedroom

A little empty. But I have a Force Cell. I like it.

[​IMG]

9. Arcade

Just what every game needs. A room on a game to look like you could be playing games. My Starbound arcade also has the #1 game... Starbound.

[​IMG]

10. Stage / Concert Room

The place I go to when I wanna be a singing diva or rock out on my guitar. Also has chairs for an audience... When I get one.

[​IMG]

11. Dance Room / Club

Dj Hel plays all the best dance songs here. If only people could dance.

[​IMG]

12. The Cockpit

After being hit in the post about moving the chair here just to reach the control panel the guys there inspired me to make a crew-based cockpit. I think it looks nice.

[​IMG]

My pilot cat looks as busy as ever.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  19. MrToni300

MrToni300 Ketchup Robot

Now i got more decoration plans, i gonna make better looking ship, thx to you xHel.

Hel likes this.
  20. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

This... is... pink... I mean awesome.