Building/Ship Let's See Your Ship

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by Felonious, Dec 9, 2013.

?

What do you use your ship for?

1. Storage

748 vote(s)
    46.8%
  2. Decoration

676 vote(s)
    42.3%
  3. I can put things in my ship?

175 vote(s)
    10.9%
  1. Ketoth

Ketoth Phantasmal Quasar

There's a lot more work to be done there and I also love the mech bay,kind of a pet project as a mecha lover :p
    but yeah thanks :)

2. De-la Wurlfric

De-la Wurlfric Master Chief

So far this is my little ship.
    maxresdefault.jpg

Uzkniso, SirKaldar, Slimy and 2 others like this.
  3. Raider480

Raider480 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I suppose it's no mystery as to which side of the decoration vs. storage vote I went with :p starbound-ship.png
    The first locker above the metalworks station has all of my extra crafting benches, so that I can substitute them in where the refinery is, as needed.

1nfinitezer0, Uzkniso and SirKaldar like this.
  4. talalnst

talalnst Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My Ship

[​IMG]

Uzkniso likes this.
  5. De-la Wurlfric

I can say Pressurized Steel with a good painting, and a few details with another blocks as walls, suck as Ginders and other stuff.

6. TheFudgement

TheFudgement Ketchup Robot

[​IMG]

"The Pretty Little Princess".

Notable details include bathroom that I was able to fit on the cargo bay, samurai armor and katana in the quarters (Can be hidden behind the curtains), plundered Avian artifacts ready to be sold and the kitchen that is currently better than the one I have in my base.

7. EarlGrey

EarlGrey Big Damn Hero

My recent Ship. It's mainly for Storage until I find a nice cozy homeworld. But it has a place to sleep, read and relax nontheles.
    [​IMG]

TrueEdge and Uzkniso like this.
  8. Tazmaniac95

Tazmaniac95 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My humble abode
    Screenshot (32).png

Uzkniso and beari78 like this.
  9. Saitomath

Saitomath Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can I upgrade my Ship Without MOD or Code?

10. De-la Wurlfric

Not yet, Chucklefish is working in ship upgrade and new ship styles and it'll be launch with the not-too-close update (a few posts - 1 2 3 4 5 - about ships). Just give a look at their blog.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  11. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Nothing special, but as our server closes, and I have to start again - maybe with the Nightlies, maybe with a stable patch - I want at least post it until it vanishes.

[​IMG]

Bye bye, R.S.L. "Ulysse"

12. Toanomega

Toanomega Big Damn Hero

Can you post this on the ships section of the mods? I would like to use this because im using the Halo Ultra mod and i want a ship that matches with the mod. Also can you make a Covenant cruiser for the elites?
    Thanks

13. Lloyd Larsen

Lloyd Larsen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Why do you have to dump your character (and his ship). I rented a server one year ago, and when I stopped it I still had my character ! Also, I was able to play in solo with him, then go back to multi, etc...

And nice ship by the way ! But I think the "case" you're using are less effiency than simple chest... aren't they ?

Edit : checked the wiki, actually they're one of the most efficiency storage in the game ! Wow !

SirKaldar and Beatrice like this.
  14. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Well, to be honest, I tend to make a "cut" after this chapter. In the case of a stable patch at the end of a year, it is possible that we'll see a wipe; in the case that we won't get a patch, I will have a look at the Nightlies. In both cases, I have to start once again. Or I'll have a loooong break from starbound, until it's in a more satisfying state. ;)

Yes, the case is pretty efficent; and in my opinion, it also fits perfectly as storage chests for human and apex ships. I have at least three or four empty cases on my ship, because I don't even need so much space. Except for ores, bars and some armour and clothes, I store the most of my stuff on my home planet. I also have a whole planet where I stack all my saples from different planets.

15. Aara

Aara Void-Bound Voyager

Idk.. Where is my ship..?

What is this even D;
    2014-11-24_00001.jpg

16. LethalShade

LethalShade Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Here comes the U.S.C.M. Madrigal, inspired by the U.N.S.C. frigates from Halo :

Starbound frigate2.jpg

EDIT: Wait, I just saw that someone else made a similar ship ^^'

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
    SirKaldar and Hawk Novablast like this.
  17. Lloyd Larsen

Lloyd Larsen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh, I see ! Be careful if you want to use Nightly : I started decorating an Hylotl ship in this mode (for planning room organization in the new big ship ! Youhou !), but after every update my ship is deleted/bugged (all objects disappeared, except they still have an hitbox, wich mean you can't break or open any door).

18. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Yeah, I know, the NBs are a complete mess. Not even 100% sure if I have the patience to play them long; I did test some "betas" in the last years, but Nightlies are really far from that. Because of that, I'm not going to do what I normally would do, but only want to discover some things for inspiration - so I have a better idea what I want to do when the stable patch comes.

However, I also had the thought that it might better to wait for the "stable" in every way, because I don't want to destroy all the "surprises". ;) My builder-mentality and my explorer-mentality are in a constant struggle. :D

19. Blip47

Blip47 Void-Bound Voyager

Recently came back to Starbound and figured out how to create my own ships (aside from custom ship mods). Here's a couple examples I came up with for my Avali characters. They're just the skins, the inner blocks defined by additional files.

This is more of a war ship, inspired by a diving eagle. Call it the Warbird:

shipship.png

This is a cargo frigate:

shipship.png

Assets were created using Ryu's racial ship for the Avali and some freehand/Photoshop work.

Hope you like them!

20. JovialSkunk

JovialSkunk Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's not much, I tried to balance utility, functionality, and aesthetics. I used the ship extension mod and Pixel Goods if you can't tell.
    [​IMG]