REQUEST Let grass starter spread on grassy soil

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Radhra, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Radhra

Radhra Void-Bound Voyager

Now we can build on it, but I would love to make the grassy parts the dedicated grass space for my livestock.
    I dont mind not planting on it, but is it possible to make grass starters spread? At the moment they never do.

Zhuria likes this.
    • Kattia

Kattia Subatomic Cosmonaut

You would have to open up the map in tIDE, and add a certain property to the tilesheet index of the grass tile(s). The flag "Diggable" set to T will allow you to till for planting crops and also allow the grass starters to spread. I do not know if there is a flag that allows only the grass however :)

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

There is not unfortunately.

• Radhra

That wouldnt be a problem, I mean, if the grass spreads I just dont plant crops on it, it is fine.
          The grassy fields are just so lovely I immediately wanted to put my livestock there.

• Kattia

I could whip up a map edit for you, which map is it that you are using?
            Also, would you like the grass to spread over the edges or stay within?

Radhra likes this.
            • Radhra

That would be lovely!
              I am currently using the forest map (specially for the grassy parts ^^).
              Maybe it would be better to stay within, as it could spread outward the farm (as some grassy areas are on the farm sides) and cause performance problems?
              If there was no such problem, I would prefer it to spread, as it more realistically would need tending to. ^^

• Kattia

Here you go. Let me know how it works for you and if you have any problems :)
                Make sure to keep a backup of the original file from the game!

Attached Files:

kitamer, robogena, Jadzi and 3 others like this.
                • Radhra

Thank you so much, it works like a charm for me. ^^

• Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

I love how it always seems like when I want something in the game, someone else asks for it and someone else delivers, so I just have to sit back and wait. LOL. Thanks Kattia, this is just what I needed!

Efa43 and Radhra like this.
                    • Jadzi

Jadzi Void-Bound Voyager

YES! I've put my barn in the lower left grassy area and was just wondering "Why on earth can't we have grass on grass?!" [emoji14] Seems like a real oversight by CA. I'll be trying this mod out tomorrow

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

I put my barn in the top left and coop in the lower left, it's absolutely PERFECT placement. I'm so hyped. lol

• Darkzephyr

Darkzephyr Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is awesome. Is there any chance you could modify the River Farm as well?!

• Kattia

Id rather not, Im sorry :(
                            I had to edit all the individual grass tiles on the tile sheet and it was a bit more work than I anticipated. Its not terribly difficult however and Im sure you could do it yourself if you looked into it a bit, its just a bit tedious and time consuming :) Check out the Map Editing Discussion thread if you want to try to do it yourself :)