Landing Pads for homeworld.

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by Bombzero, Aug 6, 2012.

?

Good idea?

1. yes

98.3%
  2. no

1.7%
  1. Avris

Avris Void-Bound Voyager

Would be great if it could be indestructible, and made so you can't place blocks on or around it. Simple-yet effective spawn antigrief.

2. Valkroth

Valkroth Void-Bound Voyager

So add landing shuttles, little 1 man craft, that's the first and free with the first spaceship mod. Make the shuttle bay and other mods moveable into a grid around the current structure. Add landing pad. Buy upgrades to landing shuttle -> different central modules... Sort of traveller cutter style. Change out the middle section with prebuilt crew quarters, crafting section, storage or similar ideas. Still have landable ships and customization.

Avris likes this.
  3. Avris

Avris Void-Bound Voyager

This amendment has my 100% support, if only for the opportunity to have a shuttle bay on my ship.

ObsidianDragon13 likes this.
  4. PickleS.o.G

PickleS.o.G Void-Bound Voyager

This would particularly help with an issue i have been dealt when my friend placed wooden spikes on the spawn point on my (very extensive) home world so i can no longer beam down to my planet without dying instantly. :(

5. ObsidianDragon13

ObsidianDragon13 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Couldn't agree more. It would make Building a town or something far more versatile since you wouldn't be tempted to do all your building by the original landing zone.

6. Hawk Novablast

Hawk Novablast Black Hole Surfer

Yes please!

7. DrunkCrayon

DrunkCrayon Space Hobo

Great idea bud! It would be really cool to land and build next to it

8. Carryall

Carryall Big Damn Hero

Like this ? Let's compare ideas. I like your thinking.

9. megatiger78

megatiger78 Void-Bound Voyager

but you don't land. you beam down

10. Ruban Crusade

Ruban Crusade Pangalactic Porcupine

Not sure I understand. What does that have to do with this mod idea?

11. megatiger78

how does a landing pad help you control where you beam down? shouldn't that be beam targeting?

12. Ruban Crusade

Ruban Crusade Pangalactic Porcupine

it's essentially a place where you will beam down to. This will allow you to beam down into your base or somewhere other than the default location on the world. It would be similar to beam targeting, I guess, but it wouldn't allow you to pick any location, only the location that you have your landing pad.

13. megatiger78

I think it needs to be renamed to "beam target beacon"

14. S-Guy

S-Guy Void-Bound Voyager

This is a fantastic idea. I really love the idea of being able to land my ship in general, and I've also always wanted a way to specify where I beam down on a planet that I frequent, especially when I've made a base there. This combines both of those in the coolest way possible!