Modding Discussion Kids - Community Mod

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by telles0808, Feb 12, 2014.

1. MrKalcifer

MrKalcifer Space Spelunker

Yeah no early bloomer looks like they have D cup breasts, justtt saying xD

2. joedanger

joedanger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

ADD AVIANS PLZ

telles0808 likes this.
  3. telles0808

telles0808 Cosmic Narwhal

Nice catch, I'll correct it right now. Thank you. Next release should be right.

Edited: I double checked it here, it's saying "My very own Human Kid!", lol

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  4. telles0808

Hahahaha, that's why Jani have one pixel smaller. It's difficult to show the difference between female and male without breasts, but it's already the smaller it can be (1 pixel) ^^ [​IMG]

But Lina is a Hylotl, a sensual race, and we don't know very much about them. I think they live more than humans, so, they can have that appeal even as kids =] [​IMG]

5. TheUniversalUniverse!

TheUniversalUniverse! Void-Bound Voyager

on the topic

telles0808 likes this.
  6. Ray87

Ray87 Void-Bound Voyager

Cool lol mini kids - also quick question since the kids can follow npcs I can put them in village and they look adorable but they eventually just start following any one and then me, is there a reason they loose their target or is it just the pet setting over righting it? hoping this can be looked at having all 5 soon to be more kids chasing me is a bit annoying I have to keep attacking my guards and putting the kids between us to get rid of them (everyone needs a break form the little angels once in a while) - the other option is to do another version of the mod that works along side this one where they are npcs and then people can have their favourite follow them and the rest stay in the village with their guardians :) or just an other mod for those that want kid npcs that talk and don't follow you about

7. MrKalcifer

MrKalcifer Space Spelunker

[quote="telles0808, post: 1864496, member: 304934"

But Lina is a Hylotl, a sensual race, and we don't know very much about them. I think they live more than humans, so, they can have that appeal even as kids =] [​IMG][/quote]

xD I don't know why but the way you described having breasts and what not made me feel so uncomfortable :L But I get you on the Hylotl side of things

8. telles0808

The pet system, at this time, will set the owner of all Pets on the screen when you spawn a new pet. The same is valid for kids. I have 2 pets and 4 Kids in my village, they are following the villagers =P

To avoid break the link, you can skip spawning a new pet or kid near of them, also, sometimes, if you have a pet or kid and it get lost, it will respawn near of you. If it happen, will set the owner ID again, so, all of them will lost their original owners and will start follow you too.

So, if you mind in walk too fast inside your city, it's recommended to take your pet/kid inside a pod, and you never more will be pursuit by the wrong kids/pets again =]

TheUniversalUniverse! likes this.
  9. TheUniversalUniverse!

Sorry I've been so lazy about the next two I'm posting, I've just had a lot of stuff to do

10. Oraiu

Oraiu Cosmic Narwhal

Er..Could you make an avali child or..?

11. TheUniversalUniverse!

---EDIT--- read that wrong, sorry! I'm working on 'Avian' SORRY SORRY SORRY!!!!! I can't believe I read that wrong but I'm sorry!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
    telles0808 likes this.
  12. rakadishu

rakadishu Void-Bound Voyager

This is super cool, but I have to say, this sounds like an awesome way to get custom pets too, or even some kind of small minion. . . I might have an idea what to make my kid.

13. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

I would try to work this, but I'm terrible at pixel stuff.

14. ive beaten tetris

ive beaten tetris Scruffy Nerf-Herder

ive made a simplified template if someones interested in building from root templatekid_simplified.png

Yzzey and telles0808 like this.
  15. FangZJr

FangZJr Space Hobo

Nice, i luv lumia

TheUniversalUniverse! likes this.
  16. faytkun

faytkun Void-Bound Voyager

Out of curiosity are you still taking kids? And how do you feel about kids from modded packs or races?

17. faytkun

lil-dave-animation2.gif animation-original.gif So using Who-hoo's sprites (the one on the right) I made Kid Dave from Homestuck c: I'm also working on all his movements so I should have him done in the next day or two

CansaRT and Kawa like this.
  18. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

if thats not the best thing to happen to this mod i dont know what is

faytkun likes this.
  19. faytkun

Omg thank you

20. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

i was being ironic of course [​IMG]