1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue kicked for being idle when Im not idle

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Sinmatic, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Sinmatic

Sinmatic Space Hobo

So Ive been playing for about a week now, got a small server for my family and I to play on and for the past 2 days I have been plagued with constant kicks due to being idle but most of the time Im getting kicked Im not even idle, Im actively doing things. this issue doesn't effect anyone else aside from me and im the server owner and it does this regardless of my status as admin or not.

I can not find any setting to disable auto kick and wish to have this feature removed entirely from my server or at least disabled.

Ive read that this issue has happened to other people and from what I can tell it resolves itself seemingly though for me, as time goes by it becomes more and more frequent and searches for a solution on this bring up no help or endless info on CS:go and Minecraft for what ever reason even though I specifically search for starbound.

Is there anyway to fix this?

2. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Have you tried just starting up your game and letting people join you via Steam?

3. Sinmatic

Sinmatic Space Hobo

Yes,

not only does my brother and gf join me via steam on a hosted server..... neither of them have this issue. It seems to be ONLY me. Ive tried reinstalling the game but that hasn't helped any at all and I assume there is something going on with my comp. keep in mind this comp is not a cheap PC, its a custom built gaming machine with more up-to-date hardware than the other 2. When I installed the game the first time it also installed something microsoft related and what ever that was may have been corrupted ..... BUT... that doesnt change the fact that this is the only game Ive ever ran personal servers for (and the amount of servers Ive ran for personal gaming is rather high) and completely lacks any kind of control over auto-kick in its configs. In fact, as far as I can tell, Its hard coded in the game and I cant for the life of me figure out why.

It happens completely randomly, sometimes I can sit idle for minutes at a time and never get kicked, but when it does kick me..... specifically for being idle, I am normally actually in combat or mining with my brother or gf... actively doing things and haven't been idle at all for quite awhile.

planet doesnt matter..... I can be anywhere even on my ship
    biome doesnt matter..... see above
    current actions dont matter..... mining, running, jumping up cliffs, fighting mobs, even throwing snowballs at my friends, looting chests.... etc. etc.

So basically .... there doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.... and it isnt something I can recreate.... it just happens... repeatedly... sometimes 5 or 6 times in a 10 minute period and has gotten worse over the time ive played

It didnt start until a few days ago but since the first time its gradually increased in frequency.

Its not the server host itself because no one else is effected...
    Its not my internet because my gf is on a different comp in the same room (both lines are connected to modem via CAT6)

Even though everything points to it being something wrong with my setup on my PC, software or hardware, the entire problem would probably not be an issue if I had someway to disable auto-kick, Ive never seen a game that didnt have this option.