1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Kawa's Felin Species (v3.3.3)

Discussion in 'Races' started by Kawa, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I prefer the original Japanese version myself.
    And here we go! :up:

As for all these people having trouble gettting it to work... I really don't know what to say. The best I can do is try to convince those in charge to make it easier to install species without index conflicts.

2. Razorleaf

Razorleaf Phantasmal Quasar

I see you liking my mod and mention of your tutorial :p

3. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I'll do you one better -- check the first post.

4. Razorleaf

Razorleaf Phantasmal Quasar

yay! lol

5. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

New release on the first post, with custom codices and such.

In other news, on the subject of cats in space, meet Space Sloth's quicker cousin Klaxons:
    [​IMG]
    (from Tumblr Spotlight)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  6. robflop

robflop Subatomic Cosmonaut

You should include files for Starloader, what i mean is the mod.json
    AND the already edited player.config, universe_server.config, codex.config, quests.config and charcreation.config.
    Basically that would allow the modloader to automatically merge the files from the mod and SB's vanilla ones.
    Please do that. (I could also do it, but its only a work of like a min or less)

Edit: Included all files (mod.json and all config files) for you.
    Heres a link with the mod including the files i requested: http://puu.sh/5JkhW.zip

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  7. McDoomington

McDoomington Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I was thinking of suggesting a used future look since it might fit in with those worn pants (at least that's what I presume the orange bit on the knees is).
    As for a backstory, I'll think of one later.

8. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Thank you for taking a minute. I've re-uploaded my copy with your Starloader files included.
    The orange bit is indeed wear and tear showing Chelsie's legs. I just happen to like those pants. As for a backstory...

9. robflop

robflop Subatomic Cosmonaut

Not a problem at all.

10. Shhmio

Shhmio Scruffy Nerf-Herder

How does this work online?

11. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I wouldn't know -- I play singleplayer exclusively. But from what I heard, as long as the clients and server all have a copy...

12. Ponyus

Ponyus Subatomic Cosmonaut

suggestion: make their ship look really warm and cozy on the inside, but taped together on the outside.

reason being that if they are laid back and efficent, they would want a ship where they can relax and feel at home, but not really bother how it looks on the outside.

kitsunespirit likes this.
  13. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I like your style. And that's why I'd love to put that damned lava lamp on the ship interior itself and not in the locker.

14. kitsunespirit

kitsunespirit Cosmic Narwhal

I'd love to see a Felin planet myself. With a city, but that would probably take A LOT of time and effort... there could be yarn-ball monsters and have the avian race as enemies, the flying critters could be butterflies and red motes (laser pointer lol) as fireflies... fish monsters of some sort as well. :D

15. Ponyus

Ponyus Subatomic Cosmonaut

is the problem that you cant get it to work, or that you dont know how to do it?

16. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I can't get it to work. At first, the ledge I put it on turned out invisible and wholly unpassable. Then, placing it on the floor caused other elements to disappear!
    I'd rather get the yarn ball projectile to spawn a yarn ball item, so you can pick up and throw around what seems like one and the same ball. Or however that'd work.

17. Junion

Junion Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hey Kawa, why not alter your mod to just be installable? Yaknow so you just stick in a single folder and then the only alteration a player needs to do is to just tell the game where to find all the information?

I can see a few reasons not to do it..as well as a few reasons to do it..I'd just like to know what yours are :).

I'm mostly asking as, in my efforts to learn making new races..I'm using your felins as an easy jumping point...and in order to make sure I had everything that needed to be altered in the same place, I tried making it into an 'installable mod' (so I can just search and change known files later). So I'm just wondering what your reasoning is.

18. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Because I already threw robflop a bone when he made it compatible with Starloader. Does that work?

19. Junion

Junion Subatomic Cosmonaut

Dang you reply fast :). I was editing my post when you said that :p. It was more curiosity than anything else, cool enough though.

20. kitsunespirit

kitsunespirit Cosmic Narwhal

I couldnt get starloader to work.