June 5th - Admin logins

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by OmnipotentEntity, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdenSword

AdenSword Pangalactic Porcupine

TheLoanArranger likes this.
  2. I dont really know what BRAWW is talking about, nor do i know what that Mask would have to do with trolls.
    Sir i do not believe you live under a stone bridge (you wouldnt be able to post on the internet if you did, also your grammer is far better that that of a trolls' (im not even sure they can write), plus, trolls dont exist in real life, they are only in legends. BRAWW please stop confusing real life with your strange strange fantasy world.

pumapardo and Eonwe like this.
  3. BRAWW

BRAWW Vice-President of the Red Gang

I don't know what post you're talking about, or why you're bringing up my name, but trolls are real.

Skarn, The | Suit and Eonwe like this.
  4. You're spreading dangerous information BRAWW, I wont be held responsible if you manage to hurt someone with dangerous thoughts like this. stop now before its too late...

5. Aeolipyle

Aeolipyle Space Spelunker

I simply wanted a yes/no answer on whether or not I was correct about your motive for the timing of the Beta release. Before you guys released the Beta on Steam Early Access, you had a lot of cool features being demonstrated that I was really excited about along with a progress roadmap for the game. However, you took down that roadmap and then released the Beta rather abruptly, and it was missing so many of the previously advertised features (like quests) that it seemed more like an alpha that made been set up just to get something running. Not long after this, you stated that your pace of updates were slowing due to moving to the UK. Now, I don't know your financial situation but I do know that moving people to another country for work is costly, especially for a relatively small studio like Chucklefish. I also know that people were beginning to take advantage of the refund system that was previously in place on your site for people who had pledged money, and I began to wonder if you had already spent some of that money and needed more. Thus, it seemed to me that this was the reason you'd chosen to release a seemly unfinished (even for early access), disappointing version of a game that had previously seemed really cool.

I know people like me are really annoying to you guys, but with so little tangible information all we can do is speculate. I, along with many other people, just want to feel like you guys are actually going to finish this game in a reasonable amount of time, and it is very disheartening to be ridiculed not only by you but other forum members for being honest. For some people, $15.00 is a lot to spend on a game on faith, and I feel let down. This game has already generated millions of dollars, and there just isn't much to it yet.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  6. Eonwe

Eonwe Macho Man

Maybe you meant it like that, but your post read a lot more like someone who was trying to insinuate that they were releasing an unfinished version of a game rather than asking.

AvantGuard and Darklight like this.
  7. Aeolipyle

I don't understand the problem here. I know it is an unfinished game, hence the "early access" designation under which I purchased it on Steam. The source of controversy here is the seemingly very slow pace of updates; the last major one was in February, after all.

Pingeh likes this.
  8. Kelthazan

Kelthazan Pangalactic Porcupine

I read this entire fight, from the first to the last... I've never posted before now but hell "that escalated quickly." : \ Keep up the good work Devs! As far as I can tell, you guys are doing a damn awesome job!

9. BRAWW

Want to hear dangerous information? I heard Tiy has gold platted toilet seats in every single bathroom in the new Chucklefish HQ Office. How about 'dem apples?

The | Suit likes this.
  10. In all seriousness (and im not directing any of this at you or anything) how do you feel about tea partiers, a bunch of people who scream that obama may or may not be hitler or the anti-christ, who claim that obama literally wants to kill old people with Death Panels and that bush did 911? im sure a good portion of people in that party are nothing like that but the Vast vocal majority is. i kinda see the whole situation like this, alot of the people who are angered at chucklefish (for whatever reason) dont really bring up any sort of points other than "CHUCKLEFUCK IS TAKING ARE MONEY AND RUNNIN" and that pretty much becomes the voice of the whole group of people, like it or not.

Edit:
    Now i am Legit angry, DOWN WITH CHUCKLEFISH, Show me your Birth Certificate TIY

AvantGuard likes this.
  11. BRAWW

Uhh y-yeah well *pushes up glasses* as you can see here, from this Chucklefish Update Calendar, their last SIGNIFICANT update was .. a couple weeks ago.. BUT it doesn't matter, I'm an investor. I paid money for Starbound, on Kickstarter, and Starbound isn't 100% complete in 2014. This is wrong!!!!

12. Any more insider information you wish to impart on us Former Moderator BRAWW?

13. Aeolipyle

This did not really escalate quickly at all. This is the product of months of frustration over insufficient information from Chucklefish, and their continuing silence is making it worse.

First of all, you are quoting my post, so it seems like you are indeed directing whatever "any of this" is at me. If you actually bothered to read my posts you will see that I did in fact bring up a variety of points, and I never stated that "CHUCKLEFUCK" is taking any money. In fact, I was merely concerned about the lack of adequate information.

Johan, Pingeh and Piccolo like this.
  14. I was implying that you might be in the Vocal Minority but whatever floats your boat dude.

15. AdenSword

AdenSword Pangalactic Porcupine

Omni and whoever is still in this argument just stop

He is obviously too concerned about you "wasting" 6 hours in an interview and Yes congrats you know grammar. That doesn't mean he is not a troll people. Smart people can become trolls.

Aeopolipyle. 6 hours in the grand scheme of things is the tinyest littelest thing. it is a speck of dust in the amount of time spent in this game. STOP COMPLAINING!

Owl_Stalker likes this.
  16. BRAWW

Oh yeah the silence! It's unbearab-

[​IMG]

F-ranko, Seria-Myouna, Skarn and 2 others like this.
  17. Piccolo

Piccolo Guest

BRAWW, you've been arguing with this guy for a while now to no avail, maybe it's time for you to take a break. I wouldn't want this to have a negative affect on your mental health...

Pingeh and Boshed like this.
  18. Aeolipyle

I was not the one concerned about the 6 hours spent interviewing. As computer programmer, I know it can take hundreds if not thousands of man hours to make a game, and that six hours out of this is insignificant; as Chucklefish is also a game publisher, it is totally valid for them to spend those six hours doing interviews like this. My concern, as I have stated many times previously, is that there is insufficient information from Chucklefish on the game's progress, and that they have not confirmed whether or not my suspicions for the timing of the Beta's release were accurate.

I don't know if this is addressed to me or not, but I want real updates (even minor ones) in addition to blog posts!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
    Johan likes this.
  19. Sir, please go lay down, your continued involvement in this thread will only serve to stress you further

20. Piccolo

Piccolo Guest

*Madame
    I think the most stress I get from this site is being called a guy, come to think of it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.