June 4: Monster Attacks!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by metadept, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Lord Kain

Lord Kain Ketchup Robot

I really look forward to finding rare monsters now, even more then before ^_^

2. Blue_Shayde

Blue_Shayde Void-Bound Voyager

Lovely. More projectiles to kill me. As if I didn't already have enough problems with those now. xD

3. and234

and234 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So, when is the next update coming? :D

4. janusforbeare

janusforbeare Phantasmal Quasar

The new attacks are just what the doctor ordered. This new combat overhaul is really looking like it's going to shake things up.

I like the new monster bits, too!

5. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

Metadept just confirmed, Chucklefish is buying Coffee Stain Studios so that they can merge Starbound and Goat Simulator.

I look forward to the results.

ShinyPants and Elate like this.
  6. Elate

Elate Spaceman Spiff

I give it approximately 1 month before someone uses this quote as a reason for why the developers have lied and haven't delivered on promises and should be sent to the deepest layer of hell. Also everyone knows, just get pizza. Dinner and breakfast. #studentlife #sopoor #horriblediet

7. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

ramen is cheaper and conveniently stored in never-expiring packages that would probably survive an apocalyptic event. Unless you mean those totino's party pizzas, those are pretty cheap, and survivable due to the high cardboard content.

Me, I like that CF is continuing to give out information, even though it could be used against them if things don't turn out the way they expect. I like that they aren't going all "Jaded, cynical scrooge" on us. And if people use it against them in the future, too bad! People make mistakes, and they can build lots of character, or (hopefully) a better game!

Elate likes this.
  8. Elate

Elate Spaceman Spiff

Not to get too personal but, speaking after having lived on ramen for an entire year. I do not recommend it if you like pooping.

Oh I know, I was mostly being facetious, though honestly, it wouldn't surprise me.

9. LastDay

LastDay Heliosphere

I'm looking forward to rainbow vomiting pink unicorns... :D

Idlemind likes this.
  10. Brassqund

Brassqund Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Nice.
    I love to wondering each time I see a enemy what kind of attack they will do.
    This will make the combat way more fun than now.
    I want the update.
    NOW!!!

11. Seria-Myouna

Seria-Myouna The Last Moderator IRC Operator

Shouldn't the effect doodlies be in the plane in front of the monsters? Just wondering.

Right now the water stream looks to be coming out of the platypus beast's ear. :lickitung:

Juxtor likes this.
  12. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

This new AI looks really great! Looking forward to see it in action!

[​IMG]
    "Pink platypus approves"

13. Campaigner

Campaigner Giant Laser Beams

Color me impressed, this should've been in from the start.

Please tell me the blood vomit stayed though. That had a special charm to it that was sickeningly funny.

14. PabloM

PabloM Pangalactic Porcupine

This was most likely a joke, but this first bit actually sounds plausible (in the most basic sense) and could be pretty awesome.

15. Blitzlegion

Blitzlegion Big Damn Hero

I had to be sure this was a descendant of squirtalapoloid.
    [​IMG]
    Yeah i did......
    Such effective.

16. XaoG

XaoG Ketchup Robot

Oh wow, they dodge back after a melee attack like a player would. I wasn't entirely expecting that much AI.

Just one thing: Try not to make them too psychic/perfect about their prediction and aim. This is a problem a lot of enemy AI has in modern games.

Ugh, especially shooters, games that aren't like Tribes where you have a lot of speed and air control are terrible about this. Even the best players don't have perfect aim and reaction time, it's really annoying when you go to shoot an AI enemy in the back only to have them instantly 180 and fire an explosive directly into the path you're moving in.

It becomes less about countering an attack and more about basically playing a rhythm game against the AI.

...Don't even get me started on Super Street Fighter 4's AI for that matter. The CPU can invincible reversal on reaction to something one frame wide.

NeoFoxx000 and Otter IV like this.
  17. ggh325

ggh325 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm pretty sure this should be in risk of rain forums.

18. Kuddlefish

Kuddlefish Tentacle Wrangler

Aliens learned Hydro Pump! Sweet. Maybe the water vomit could push the player and the blood vomit could poison the player, or make the player slow (cuz sticky bloody ickiness).

Either way, I can't wait for the next update! Still very impressed that the SB devs communicate so frequently with their playerbase :whoop: Woop.

19. Dosypoo

Dosypoo Starship Captain

I love the constant information feed and all but I hope you realize this does not make it any easier to actually wait for the update right? Like, such excite, so fun, much anticipate, wow . . .

20. Kergami

Kergami Title Not Found

Please liek if you crie evryteim.

Yzzey likes this.