June 26 - Re: Spawning

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by metadept, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

Oh my god, hearing that was relieving.

2. Terran

Terran Subatomic Cosmonaut

So, will there be any changes to how the colors for monsters work? Seems like on most planets the monsters' colors flow well with the enviroment, but other times some of the colors seem rather out of place... I've asked this before, but Omni told me that "aliens see on different wavelengths" and I wasn't sure if that meant that you guys would get areound to it, or that.... well, that aliens see on different wavelengths in the game and it won't change haha

3. MakeMeMad

MakeMeMad Void-Bound Voyager

Just as long as EVERY monster doesn't blend in with their environment. I like the oddball green bugs hanging out in the middle of a bright red desert, or black and white bear-things stomping their way across a blue jungle every time the sun goes down.

neotask likes this.
  4. AdenSword

AdenSword Pangalactic Porcupine

Yes. It does. And crashes every time you try to load up the character you cooked the meat on. *sigh* I had found a Freindly aragan on that character!

5. Mikerlantz

Mikerlantz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Cool, thanks for the update guys - can't wait for the next major update but glad to have the little ones. Keep em coming 'thick n' fast'!

Finn Learson likes this.
  6. Namiwakiru

Namiwakiru Black Hole Surfer

Fantastic!

Really looking forward to the finished product, I love how things are starting to get some depth.
    Just gonna sit here and punch the air to rock music for for a while :headbanging:

7. NotFarlong

NotFarlong Void-Bound Voyager

I have a serious request, speaking of poison/lava:
    Make poison less...ridiculously abundant in the first sector. I practically can't ever find a poison-less planet in the first sector and if I just "deal with it" I have to cover all the poison with dirt and it's quite unsightly.

ObsidianDragon13 likes this.
  8. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

Sounds nice. I know a lot of people are wanting stuff to feel more unique and such. Also glad we have naturally spawning monsters again~.

9. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Oh man - monster spawns in the nightly are scary.
    The second I teleport down I get 1 shotted either by birds or some water chameleon with a horrible sense of humor, and this is just the starting planet. I think on teleporting down at least you should have some 1 - 3 second temporary invulnerability. This would also prevent spawn trap griefing - by putting propeller blades at teleport spawn.

Oh and please remove "beam axe required" thing from the teleporter. The first time is fine, but every time gets a bit annoying. Thankfully its not there on hotkey based teleport.

MysticMalevolence and Archer like this.
  10. Zakk

Zakk Space Spelunker

So do you think its going to be a long long time till touchdown brings you round again and we find your not the man we thought you were?

linkthegamer likes this.
  11. EkoSlam

EkoSlam Orbital Explorer

I'm loving where this game is heading, turning into a real gem of a game, only things I want to know is... When is the ship content/shops/quests ment to be coming out and something i want to say is.... I want my Novakids!!! :p keep up the good work the guys. <3

12. Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

Nice monster families, good work.

13. IronFistSurvivor

IronFistSurvivor Subatomic Cosmonaut

A more natural world... Sounds beautiful (albeit somewhat murderous). I love the roosting birds (FINALLY I like them!) and the concept of families. Great work! :up:

14. maga

maga Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Here's my idea. A program generates a small amount of random creatures, then copies each one. All the copies have a small change made to them, like bigger eyes or longer legs. Then each of these is distributed, and then you have a small phylogenie.

nozaj_darkcaster and neotask like this.
  15. Stargazer Killa

Stargazer Killa Aquatic Astronaut

Sounds like an awesome idea.

16. LastDay

LastDay Heliosphere

The monster color thing is what I've been hoping for for a long time! :)
    I'll definitely be interested in seeing it in action!

17. Psycho Hyena

Psycho Hyena Phantasmal Quasar

Yep still crashes. What's that about guys, can this be fixed already?

18. neotask

neotask Void-Bound Voyager

I would suggest teleportation to random place in the planet until you place teleport beacon(s). After that you could teleport to random place or any beacon that is placed on planet. Maybe setting one as main and hotkey always teleporting to main (or the only) beacon if it is placed and set would be convenient. Also to prevent someone else moving the beacon of another player into some trap it must be that beacon is activated after placement for that player who placed it.

19. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I think it's a planned, defined, but ultimately unimplemented win trigger that's causing it, so... yeah, I suppose they could fix it. By coding the win trigger.

20. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Then there would be no reason for exploration if it is always random.
    You could just keep going in and out of teleporter to explore entire surface.

Beacons are fine - but you should place them after you land.

Kawa likes this.