June 25th - More Outpost Progress!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Armagon, Jun 25, 2014.

1. black_mana

black_mana Space Spelunker

i hope there is fat loots in that bathroom

2. Legodude1237

Legodude1237 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ever wonder what Nurse Joy would look like as a Floran?

MetaSieg and Galaxydog1 like this.
  3. _Q_

_Q_ Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It lags, whole building lags like hell, and most lag is near that biggest container.

4. Gindew

Gindew Phantasmal Quasar

I love the new Outpost! i hope we will be able to Sell items in the next Update! Can't WAIT!

5. Lecic

Lecic Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

more like fat poops *ba dum tis*

what if the toilets are storage blocks and sometimes spawn with the poop decorative in them?

6. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

I mean, getting their building blocks if you want to make something of that style for yourself.

7. Unclever title

Unclever title Cosmic Narwhal

Hehehe, I could see a toilet working like the trash slot in the player's inventory, letting you flush your unwanted crap down the toilet. Sometimes literally.

Ramones_fan likes this.
  8. Wujekblazej

Wujekblazej Space Spelunker

It's great you work on so many things, but...

How about some update? I know it takes time to create and test it all, but the game is mostly the same since February I am sure some of stuff you worked on is ready to implement into the game.
    I am not convienced by those daily unstable updates

9. NeoFoxx000

NeoFoxx000 Phantasmal Quasar

From what I've tried on one of the nightly versions (not sure if it's changed since then), you cannot interact with the urinals, but interacting with the toilet stall will result in you going in and sitting in the stall. Nice attention to detail. :rofl:

10. garpu

garpu Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ooh yeah. Like something out of Blade Runner. :)

11. TrueEdge

TrueEdge Phantasmal Quasar

Up to what extent are players allowed to manually modify the outposts? (without mods)

12. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

I'm guessing you haven't opted into the nightly build. It's hardly ready for shipping

13. Sh0elace

Sh0elace Phantasmal Quasar

Looks awesome!

14. moddownloader

moddownloader Phantasmal Quasar

dem crates

15. Captain Rage

Captain Rage Phantasmal Quasar

This game will totally end up as a mix between the movie Titan A.E. and all the space LEGO playsets from my childhood. I am so in love. <3

Ramones_fan and Cyrix like this.
  16. Campaigner

Campaigner Giant Laser Beams

That looks like ladders. Are we finally getting ladders and ladder animations? The animations were already in the files, but never used.

17. Lecic

Lecic Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Those aren't ladders, they're "ladders" made from platforms.

18. starboundish

starboundish Phantasmal Quasar

Urinals and toilet stalls, finally! :D
    Hm in some run-down Outpust you could also put shady characters. Maybe dealers that have some rare goody now and then?

19. karinca

karinca Void-Bound Voyager

The boxes and beds are definitely very cool looking. Kinda feels silly to get worked up over pixel boxes and beds, but there it is! They look great!

20. Eurotrash

Eurotrash Big Damn Hero

Wait, outposts won't be customizable? Well that kinda' ruins then whole idea...