June 21 - Saturday Bonus Update

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by metadept, Jun 21, 2014.

1. metadept

metadept Mostly Harmless Codesman

Huh, not sure why we didn't have that already. It's added now.

Kawa likes this.
  2. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Yaaaaaaay!

happy-tail-dance.gif

3. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

Yes! I can finally make a building with lights that mysteriously go on and off!

4. squirrel_killer-

squirrel_killer- Sandwich Man

Well you could begin work on it yourself, and slip it into the base game after you finish the combat system work you have been working on. It would be difficult for Tiy to say no to content that is already coded. And I am sure the artist get bored from time to time so there are textures. Maybe even ask for automation features to be your next big project. I am really wanting pumps to deal with acid lakes. I seem to have a habit of picking planets with those things as my home.

5. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

@metadept

Not sure if you caught this buuuuuuut... since you've fixed up the tiered lights and switches, think you could work on adding recipes for the currently unobtainable tiered objects? I recall tables, specifically, that aren't accessible but I'm not too sure since it was a while back when I was adding those recipes into BetterMerchants 0.09.

6. Bronze Dog

Bronze Dog Starship Captain

Took a bit of time to look at StarFoundry, though haven't played around with it, yet. Yeah, metadept, I'd recommend talking about putting it in vanilla with the other developers because it looks pretty awesome.

One idea that seems worth mentioning as an addition (assuming I didn't miss seeing it): Some kind of powered life support system that provides heat and oxygen to an area. That way, players can visit a moon base or asteroid space station without the need to always wear their survival system.
    ----

Back on the main topic of the switches and lights, here's an idea: The paint tool or something similar allows you to change the color a light emits... Or is that already in?

7. metadept

metadept Mostly Harmless Codesman

I've added recipes for the tiered tables, so I think all of the tiered furniture should be craftable now.

Some parts of this system are in place. You can specify different lightColors in the object's definition and when you spawn an object of that color, it should use the corresponding lightColor. Objects can't currently be painted, however, so there's no functionality for dynamically switching the light color of existing objects based on painting (only from Lua). We'll probably get around to this at some point if/when we make objects paintable.

Mackinz likes this.
  8. Galaxydog1

Galaxydog1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Excellent :D now I can build a nightclub with lights flashing randomly!