June 20 - Wires!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by metadept, Jun 20, 2014.

1. cheeseywiz98

cheeseywiz98 Void-Bound Voyager

And here I was, sharpening my pitch forks and lighting my torches.
    :V

Eonwe likes this.
  2. Narks

Narks Scruffy Nerf-Herder

yessss

now we can build computers in starbound to complain about the glitch ai with

Princess Tobias likes this.
  3. Rakogoki

Rakogoki Void-Bound Voyager

i hope they will be adding things like microchips with logic gates that go inside the microchips, something like little big planet 2 so we can create awesome technology of our own like calculators or automated defense systems :D

4. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

The simple logic gates not cutting it for you? If you want those microchips, why not make them yourself? That is something you can do.

5. metadept

metadept Mostly Harmless Codesman

Done. Tiered switches should all be functional in the next nightly build.

[​IMG]

Blake81, matheod, Kawa and 1 other person like this.
  6. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

[​IMG]

Is the emulator - Increasing complexitiy, still planned?
    Future plans for wiring? As far as I recall wiring is simple binary data. O or 1.
    Will it become more complex later?
    ==========

Wiring is one of the more interesting aspects of the game. I think most builders would agree.
    There have been some amazing things people did, such as the tick tac toe game and calculators.

Would be great to see what they will be capable of if they develop more flexibility into the system even more.

Kawa likes this.
  7. metadept

Glad to see people are excited about the wiring system! I'm not sure quite what the long-term plans are, and I haven't really talked to kyren about it. I doubt we'll be making the wires transmit non-binary data, BUT this is possible to do with mods (see: Starfoundry's datawire API). Right now we're focused on progression so this is more of a side project for me, but in later stages of beta (and after release of course) we can start looking into more major additions.

8. matheod

matheod Big Damn Hero

Thanks !

9. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

Cool! Thanks for adding those, too!

Btw, could you add the Small Wall Switch too? It's used in many complex wiring guides, but it has never been available on my Wiring Station.

10. metadept

Good point, I've wanted that for a long time too, so we just did it. Kyren took some of her precious saturday to help fix the bug in the Lua setLightColor function, and I've now configured all tiered lamps to be switchable either by interaction or wire signal:

[​IMG]

11. metadept

Oh, I didn't realize that recipe wasn't enabled. Fixed!

12. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

Nice!! :)

Also, there's the USCM Penal Colony Panel, which is incorrectly classified as Wired Object (It shows no connections or anything), so maybe it should be switched to Decoration, or something like that.

13. BotanicalCode

BotanicalCode Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hooray! I can finally connect wires without clicking on/near them 20 times! :D

14. Dwagon

Dwagon Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I couldn't cognitively comprehend people getting legitimately angry over equine mammaries.
    It's just so silly and absurd.
    But I guess that's why Tiy etc have gone out of their way to distance themselves from their own forums. Way too many people will whine the most about the dumbest little things.

AvantGuard likes this.
  15. razorcamel

razorcamel Aquatic Astronaut

Hello, sorry to bother, but I was wanting to ask if there was anyway of turning off the 'god-mode' and being able to craft everything within the nightly builds? I'd like to try a legit playthrough but it doesn't seem I can with those. If anyone knows how to turn it off I would greatly appreciate it!

16. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I don't think you're supposed to do legit playthroughs on Nightly.

17. metadept

Admin mode is enabled by default, but you can type /ruinthefun to turn it off or on again.

18. Princess Tobias

Princess Tobias Subatomic Cosmonaut

Zomg it's Sen.. I think