Jun 30

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by kyren, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Galaxydog1

Galaxydog1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A little tweaking here and there makes this guy really happy, sometimes the small stuff just matters the most. Glad to see these progress reports.

2. Ramones_fan

Ramones_fan Pangalactic Porcupine

good to hear all yu are doing. have you made it so we can get past the third quest or do i stay on unstable a while longef?

3. Hanfree

Hanfree Big Damn Hero

All all the info is good, this is the way developers

4. EkoSlam

EkoSlam Orbital Explorer

keep up the good work guys, any ETA on the new content coming to Stable? I'm dying here :rofl:

5. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

Sounds interesting!
    How will we access these "permanent upgrades"? The wiring tool and paint tool are very important for not getting swarmed by guards when I enter town...

6. Namiwakiru

Namiwakiru Black Hole Surfer

I really can't wait.

Will hardly recognise the game when all this goes stable :headbanging:

7. Doctor Stein

Doctor Stein Subatomic Cosmonaut

Stop teasing me with such cool stuff =3 Squee!!
    Cant wait for the next update CX

8. Colaymorak

Colaymorak Big Damn Hero

Well all of this is sounding pretty cool
    I like it!
    Can't wait to see it in game.
    Well actually I can, as I can be really patient at times, but am really looking forward to the next stable update!

9. JennShii

JennShii Pangalactic Porcupine

Yo, I was just thinking about how C-Fish is working hard to get all the monsters to fit the biomes and stuff, and then I thought it would be cool if there was like some sort of Nest system that uses similar/the same textures as the local trees (as if it was made with the trees) and that could be where the "mini-boss" or tough monsters are. Sort of like a mama and her nest. Actually that's exactly what it would be. Anyways, maybe once the mini-boss is defeated, you can loot the nest like a chest. Sometimes it contains a few rare "shiny things" because birds and stuff like them, and maybe it could be possible to get a monster egg too. Maybe some quests require you to go find the nest somewhere on a planet because an explorer lost his/her [insert item] and he/she watched a monster run away with it back to the nest.

Desert and wasteland biomes could have bone-pile nests or something, plains could use bushes and branches, forests can use felled trees and stuff, tentacle planets could use... gross things :nope:, asteroids/moons could use craters and/or boulders, and other unique stuff like that.

Owl_Stalker likes this.
  10. SWiTCH

SWiTCH Starship Captain

Guys Guys Guys... In risk of sounding like an *butthole* WORK FASTER!!
    You guys got 4 MILLION DOLLARS!
    I mean yes, they are working and yes you are updating there and then, I remeber when the team said "they are were gonna be updates ever day or so" and there hasnt been one for the general public for months!
    I dont do coding I have no idea how it works, but I feel like with the given kind of resources the team haves, I mean look at risk of rain, or wanderlust!
    This game so far,to be honest, is pretty hollow right now I when I first saw this I was so excited, but now it after so many days of waiting for good and needed core changes its all just very disappointing :(

___MeRliN___ likes this.
  11. Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

Awesome update guys!

12. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

That's your problem right there.

TheNameless and Ramones_fan like this.
  13. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

The very presence of several million in negotiable currency does not, on its own, have the effect of increasing productivity.

This was changed some time ago, as having constant updates with a moderate data size was infeasible for players with capped internet plans. The focus appears to have shifted to larger, more occasional updates. They take longer time to develop, but also contain more.

Fair enough. I'm not really into coding either. But I wouldn't go around saying how people should be working when it comes to coding, if you get what I mean.

Neither of those games are being developed by Chucklefish. They're publishing them, which has little or no impact on Starbound's development.

I'm not going to just give the whole "It's a beta, have some patience" speech. But really, there is nothing stopping you from putting the game down, and coming back when it's more feature complete. That's what I, and many others, are doing. This stage of the beta was never intended to be for everyone.

14. SWiTCH

SWiTCH Starship Captain

Yep, Ended up sounding like a derp on the internet, I totaly agree with you Jonesy in all ways you have mention, I was just pointing out basicly what the first thing to come to my mind, and probably many others. :)

Jbeetle and Jonesy like this.
  15. ThaOneDon

ThaOneDon Parsec Taste Tester

Ain't no stopping metadept now.

Drowning in news.

[​IMG]

Mackinz likes this.
  16. Treequil

Treequil Aquatic Astronaut

I always like Kyren's posts, they're technically, but they make sense, so I get to pretend like I understand what the other posts are doing. n.n;
    All the spawning updates in relation to biomes are making me seriously excited for the progression patch, I'm gonna burst waiting at this rate, keep up the good work~. :D

17. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

The way developers...

What? The way developers what? Hanfree?

Oh god, did something happen to Hanfree? Somebody needs to call the police, oh god. I'm freaking out.

Colaymorak, TheNameless and Jonesy like this.
  18. ZweiL

ZweiL Space Spelunker

Yay! Great stuff! Really like the idea of having seperate slots for the Beamaxe etc.

I'm pretty sure though you need to have a P.hd in nuclear and quantum physics to fix a spaceship fuel system. But hay who cares you did it! Awesome work.

19. ImmortalFear

ImmortalFear Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Greetings Starbounders.

i have come from the past to give text of wisdom.

i have awoken from a Stargenics (starbound cryogenics) hibernation in hopes of gaining new perspective when the awesome combat related update emerges.
    but, it seems it is still too early, but updates are coming along greatly :p

and text of wisdom for those who are not getting what they wanted through these updates:

for those who are complaining about missing/needs an upgrade features for the game, most notably the matter manipulator for most cases.
    i ask that you take on the dev's perspective in the progress of the game itself, would a rather minor but largely estimated as a complete overall of any single or groups of items be high on the dev's priority lists?
    take into account of networking code optimizations/reworks, or preparing/replacing features in the current game, for permanent features for the future game, these alone take 3 times more priority over a matter manipulator patch, this also stacks that the dev's supports modding 100%.

my point is, if you REALLY want a feature added to this game, create it, or ask a modder to create it for you, if the mod in question is extremely great, it may be added into the game (thats assuming this process hasnt changed since i last played the game o_O)

and text of wisdom for those who thinks the game is "empty":

you should take note that this game is in early beta or late alpha stages, you should expect an incomplete game in these, of the game's existence, if you truly cannot handle such things, do what i am doing, take a break from the game and when the feature(s) finally emerges for you, you will gain a new perspective in the game, and will have what you want.

point is: please be patient and dont rush, better to have it 5 years late, than 1 day early. :p

sorry for the rather large wall of text compared to other posts here, but hey its text of wisdom :D

also again, i love how the game is coming along, would certainly love to try out these new features when i feel the time is right to get back into it.

until next time starbounders.

20. PeNDoS

PeNDoS Void-Bound Voyager

Давайте ребята давайте. Делайте игру, она мне очень нравиться, не бросайте ее! Жду с нетерпением каждое обновление! Specifically write in Russian, I give to understand that there are Russian)))))

Moderator edit:
    Let's let the guys. Do game, I really like it, do not throw it! I look forward to every update! Specifically write in Russian, I give to understand that there are Russian)))))

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2014
    Broseph Stalin likes this.