Jun 20, The Trifecta

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by kyren, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Getting away from the obnoxious discussion of people quitting a game over asinine reasons...

Just saying... check my signature out. :v

Also, Gardevoir do not have boobs. Anyone who asserts as such is fetishizing a Pokemon that has an equal chance to be male.

Skarn likes this.
  2. WatcherCCG

WatcherCCG Giant Laser Beams

Unpleasantness aside, with all of these updates, I'm hoping a full version update will be coming by the end of the month. Between the AIs and the ship upgrade system, it's gonna be one hell of an update.

I wonder what sort of koala it will be this time.

3. Jeoshua

Jeoshua Existential Complex

You forgot the Outposts and the Combat AI. That's what I'm most excited about. And Omni's skillful coding. And possibly removal of some controversial things but heylet'snotgothereokaygreat.

4. guyverlord

guyverlord Big Damn Hero

"Also we have decided because of the positive feedback about the glitch AI that we should make every ship AI a different animal, all with boobs."

While I find this hilarious and wholeheartedly approve, I do realize that some people may not want that.
    Why not just let people pick the avatar that their ship AI uses?

5. AvantGuard

AvantGuard Void-Bound Voyager

Nothing is stopping people from modding it, which as has been pointed out is already happening. :rip:

6. Nakano15

Nakano15 Pangalactic Porcupine

What about letting the players change the AI, by buying them on the shops.
    So can change the characters and how they will behave.

7. Yamada Stone

Yamada Stone Void-Bound Voyager

It will hugely increase amount of work. Even to draw and animate a picture is not simple, but AI it is not only set of pictures. Devs should to wright unique texts, personality, for each one. And the most difficult is to make them look naturally in the game world.

8. Ado

Ado Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Why not a robo horse?

Will Liferider likes this.
  9. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

*sniff* my photoshop picture was removed.
    i spent 2 whole minutes making it.
    Though that new chucklefish picture will never be the same :p

===============================

I hope they vamp up the wiring. I remember one of the devs talking about how they want the wiring system so robust you can make an emulator out of it.

10. alexpad

alexpad Aquatic Astronaut

I really hope you devs will make it. I mean, the day when you all can honestly say "that's it, the game is what we want it be 100%" will someday finally come. As someone who bought the game as soon as it became available on steam and patiently waited for you to finish it since.
    One thing bothers me. Will it be enough money to finish the game? Early acess started half a year ago, do people still buy the game? You don't seem to finish the game any time soon, so i'm just afraid you'll give it up and release what you have.

11. ObsidianDragon13

ObsidianDragon13 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

agreed as soon as this topic dies the better.

12. yclatious

yclatious Guest

Over 4 million dolas and more coming from new players.Trust me,funding isnt a big problem,now we wait for a masterpiece!

If you cant wait,perfectly fine,not complaining about that,then I would recomend spending time on another game,realy.Its just better that way,as they will release the game within a decent time yet they are making it slowly for it to become the game they want and the game we all want,a Kickass one.

So pull up a chair and chilax mah bro,and learn the value of patience,for Tiy and th team aint gonna let ya down;)

ObsidianDragon13 likes this.
  13. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/01/07/starbound-sells-over-1-million-copies/

With 1 million copies sold - with a minimum of $15 each. Then lets say we remove 30% as the standard distribution fee. Still comes to $10,500,000.

14. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

15. Sytic

Sytic Void-Bound Voyager

Here lies the post of a (NAME SHALL NOT BE SPOKEN) post.
    Anyways, TRIFECTA! :D Thanks for the update!

16. nours77

nours77 Sandwich Man

yellow horse look creeeeeeepy !
    Why a horse for the glith, you have created theme by race why not stick to it, for example

glitsh -> spark, speaking computer icon
    avian -> bird (falcon, owl,...)
    apex -> bot robot, apex cyborg, a brain in a jar
    florian -> treant, speaking flowers
    human -> human, pets (dog, cat, hamster,...)
    hylotl -> goldfish, starfish, funky turtle (like walt disney anime némo)

be creative... but not ridiculus !

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
    Crossray and Will Liferider like this.
  17. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Where did the glitch show anything do do with computers? All of the glitch stuff is medieval >->

yclatious likes this.
  18. ziggyzuggy

ziggyzuggy Tentacle Wrangler

I can tell this community has a substantial lack of humor. I for one welcome our animal with boobs AI overlord!

Rainbow Dash, Jbeetle and Darklight like this.
  19. kurtramone

kurtramone Void-Bound Voyager

• USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST. Reason: Derailing thread.
    Changelog for 26/04/2014 STABLE: This is the last stable version. I don't know anyone who play in the other 2 build types. Even snapshots (THE ONLY BUILD BRANCH) from Minecraft are playable and we use it.

Are you guys done moving around, adopting pets, moving on to other projects? Can we please have more stable content, and please stop creating build branches (NOBODY CARES). To play Terraria and Minecraft is so much simple. There's no point to add devpost updates when the first thing you get when you download the game for the first time is like 2 months old.

Really?

20. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Disregarding the news posts is really not helping your case, friend. Work is clearly going on and it shows even more in the nightly builds. Just cause you choose to ignore it or it doesn't meet YOUR standards, does not invalidate this fact.

Zael, WatcherCCG, Jeoshua and 3 others like this.