Jun 20, The Trifecta

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by kyren, Jun 20, 2014.

1. AvantGuard

AvantGuard Void-Bound Voyager

After a certain point, you can lose the argument and the Developers, not being people's bitches, get to move on... :yuno:

Magmarashi likes this.
  2. Jeoshua

Jeoshua Existential Complex

No, just... stop. They're quite serious about nobody getting all up at arms, and that's not going to help. Nobody is going to win or lose an argument. We're going to let it blow over and hope that the forums return to relative normalcy and we can all talk about something else... anything else... Please.

3. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

If AIs can be modded, I'll replace the Glitch's AI with an Evangelion-expy off the bat.

SolidSnake likes this.
  4. Jeoshua

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
    Hatsya Souji likes this.
  5. Eonwe

Eonwe Macho Man

You can talk about AI discussion, even glitch discussion. I just would like one dev announcement thread to not be about horsetits specifically.

6. AvantGuard

AvantGuard Void-Bound Voyager

I was implying it was already over, and that it's best to just let go.

7. Will Liferider

Will Liferider Ketchup Robot

Well if that's what every thread turns into, then it must be a serious issue. The forum's purpose is to create an environment for dicussion and debate, so if that's what everyone cares about, why not let them debate? Of course, we can't have people breaking the forum rules, but that goes without saying. I say that if everyone wants to talk about horsetits, florantits, or the specific hue of dirt on Alpha Vixxarius 2964, why not let them talk? After all, this forum was made for the community

That's just my 2 cents, don't ban taze me, bro

Colton, Skarn, NevaR and 5 others like this.
  8. Ewok

Ewok Subatomic Cosmonaut

Then perhaps the devs should stop including references to them in every dev announcement? A lot of good constructive Glitch AI discussion got purged in the crossfire and there are no clear boundaries on what is acceptable and what isn't. I for one would like to know this as I had posts deleted I felt were fine and even a PM didn't clear things up. So what is acceptable? We can talk about AI. Good. We can talk about Glitch. Good. Is it the union of the two we can't talk about? Glitch AI. Bad? Or are we allowed to talk about Glitch AI just not criticize it? Because that's a very one-sided discussion.

This.

Colton, janusforbeare, NevaR and 3 others like this.
  9. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

i like having ships have an AI its cool

10. Jeoshua

Because it turns ugly, very quickly, and people start getting nasty. It's only a debate if everyone involved is actually willing to discuss things in a civil manner, instead of insulting each other. And this is the internet, where that isn't always possible. I've actually recieved personal messages from some participants of these threads discussing these matters of an insulting and derisive nature for stating my opinion on this matter, and I'm not the only one.

I'm with Eonwe. I want these updates to return to normalcy, too. Then we can get his Macho Man avatar back and people can stop getting bent out of shape over bad jokes and stop worrying that their favorite race is being given the short end of the stick. I don't think too many people actually "want" to talk about this stuff.

Now all we need is the devs to agree to a cease fire, and we can all move on to happier topics.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  11. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

Sorry Merlin. :V

12. Musetrigger

Musetrigger Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Boobs are hardly ever put up for debate, so... More power to you guys to BOOB everything up.

Kawa, MoLeZeN and Mackinz like this.
  13. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

i think the reason they say the freshprince song is becouse they needed to test the AI saying longer sentences

yah what he ^ sead

WatcherCCG, Jeoshua and Eonwe like this.
  14. Lumaro

Lumaro Void-Bound Voyager

This. Whether they realise it or not, the devs are causing more work for the mods by fanning the flames. Going back to the bit about PR. With every 'meltdown' one of the devs have I've seen more and more people who aren't very involved in the community lose interest in the game entirely. Things like this really damage the public image of the studio. Again, I like this game and I like this Dev team, but lately it has been hard to convince some of my closest friends to play the game as a result of all of the issues that they have been hearing about development.

Colton, bluepill, NevaR and 6 others like this.
  15. Will Liferider

Will Liferider Ketchup Robot

Good point. Can't really expect people on the internet to be civil. *sigh*, I guess we'll have to just wait it out then...

ObsidianDragon13 likes this.
  16. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

...you know what. I can't really argue with this.

The devs get a lot of shit thrown at them, and I can't fault them for snapping at times, but perhaps it would be better to hold their tongues, just for the sake of their image. It seems to turn some people off from the game and the studio, and give the very harsh critics that give them a rough time even more ammunition.

Zody and Will Liferider like this.
  17. Ewok

Ewok Subatomic Cosmonaut

Mollygos already confirmed via twitter that it's just a placeholder.

18. Magmarashi

Magmarashi Cosmic Narwhal

Honestly I weep for people who actually thought that wasn't just placeholder text.

Then I laugh at them because, come on, really?

SolidSnake likes this.
  19. Jeoshua

It was obviously a joke, just in bad taste for what discussions about the AI had been going on, already.

20. BloodyRain2k

BloodyRain2k Pangalactic Porcupine

I hope we get the option to install a different AI in the ship, without having to mess with the game's core content which would then also affect everyone in multiplayer.
    Customizations ftw o,o

artbot345 likes this.