Jun 20, The Trifecta

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by kyren, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

On a somewhat serious note:

I hope at some points in the game we can choose our ships and AI regardless of our races.

2. jeffhunter12

jeffhunter12 Void-Bound Voyager

As much as we all love boobs, i say we need at least 2 or 3 to be male (dont u dare man boob that shit) cuz guy stuff we needz it :3

3. TanakaKenshin

TanakaKenshin Aquatic Astronaut

Hm... I can survive talking animals AI, but... Hm...

Something tells me, horse would look much better for the Novakids (Lonely cowboy and his horse! :) ) and for the glitch, I guess, Steward/mojordomo/butler-like AI ("Totally calm. Boltmeal, sir!") would be much better. After all, glitch ship looks much like a castle.

Sigandr, Skyblade799 and Ramones_fan like this.
  4. Gunslinger

Gunslinger Existential Complex

B-E-W-B-S!

5. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

At first, I thought the people getting annoyed with the joke were being silly, but you've put your objection towards it in a very good way. I'm inclined to agree.

I still think people are taking the joke a liiittle too seriously, though.

Dyskord likes this.
  6. skydart

skydart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ships AI... I am really looking forward to it. As long as it don't say things like "I can't allow you to do that, Dave..." :geek:

7. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

You chose correctly.

Lobo likes this.
  8. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

Thanks for all the updates, btw. I usually just "like" them and move on, but I do appreciate it.

My sentiments are that not every concern holds the same weight, no matter how calm, cool, and collected the person who voices it is.

9. Zinjif

Zinjif Aquatic Astronaut

Nice subtle Homestuck reference.

Kuramdo likes this.
  10. Cblade

Cblade Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I hope we will be able to choose an AI instead of having a race specific one.
    Or at least getting a different AI card or something.
    Or even being able to find/craft/trade new AI would be fun also.
    I just hate being locked into too much race specific stuff.

11. Ewok

Ewok Subatomic Cosmonaut

Once the game is further along I plan on making a faction mod. If you've played Sins of a Solar Empire think of it like the Loyalists vs Rebels. They'd be separate races (so effectively you'd have 2 of every race), but you'd be able to choose between say "Hylotl Ascetic" and "Hylotl Reformer" who will have different ships (but probably the same armor/weapons) and then a few tweaked dialogue options for if you were say a Reformer and ran into an Ascetic NPC. They could call you a heretic for instance. Already started a bit on the art assets as I don't expect them to change but I don't think the code is at a stable enough position to start actually implementing anything. Mainly I just want to give some variation to the races so you don't get the same thing every time you play one.

12. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Existential Complex

Actually, when they opened it to the public, made it extremely moddable, and made the community make the game better and give their opinions, they made it more for the players.
    We have also paid for it, supported it, been told that what we say matters, and then they ignore us for, what, a simply annoying little thing that can be changed in about 10 minutes?

Zael, Colton, Jeoshua and 2 others like this.
  13. Eonwe

Eonwe Macho Man

I'm going to lock this for a second and delete a bunch of terrible posts.

Okay the next people to talk about horse tits gets a 3 day ban probably. I don't know, we'll play it by ear.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  14. Litagano Motscoud

Whoa. I see 6 pages, then I click Next Page and it's all the way back to 3.

Shit. Now I'm curious as to what was so bad.

15. What do you think?

16. Litagano Motscoud

What do I think?

I think it's kind of silly when 3 pages of content has to be removed because arguing over horse tits and the dev's joke got so bad :V

Dogkiller and NevaR like this.
  17. Jeoshua

Jeoshua Existential Complex

There was a huge argument. It devolved into two camps: People upset at being trolled by the developers three times in one day, and people trolling them and laughing about it. There was a lot of hate, and seemingly rather than actually sift through the wreckage for the gems, the entire page gets deleted because it's almost all hate and anger, and people getting upset.

That said, I'll sumarize what I said, and please note, this is NOT about the AI.

I don't appreciate that Chucklefish developers are now taking every opportunity to troll their fanbase. Some people see it as a joke, but that is not the case. Jokes are meant to be funny. This is a calculated attempt to upset people, now, however large or small a group. It is trolling, which is defined as "a deliberately offensive or provocative online posting with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them". It's gone beyond the initial joke and has become a major point of contention. It has even caused at least one person to swear off ever giving another game developer money before they have a finished product.

People will stop talking about it when the devs stop bringing it up. So for the love of GOD, stop it. It's not funny.

Colton, Kozakana, Ewok and 2 others like this.
  18. Litagano Motscoud

Is it right to say "every" opportunity, though? I mean, this is the first time something like this has happened, at least, I think so.

Ashgan likes this.
  19. NevaR

NevaR Void-Bound Voyager

This and when the devs make a definitive statement about what they intent on doing (or not) about the whole situation because it's obvious that the thing that can't be spoken of is bugging a substantial amount of people, else the situation wouldn't have escalated that much in the first place..

20. Jeoshua

Jeoshua Existential Complex

3 posts in one day. All mentioning something that caused no less than 3 threads to be locked because of the arguments that ensued. Add to that at least 2 twitter posts and a hidden file in the update. Not every single opportunity, no, but enough that the joke is old and I think that everyone would prefer that they stop beating this dead horse.