Jun 20, The Trifecta

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by kyren, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Ssj782

Ssj782 Cosmic Narwhal

Odd... When the horse face was introduced, I only saw dislikes and sarcasm about it. And I don't think making the Floran AI an animal would be good... They may get hungry.

2. DoctorShaggy

DoctorShaggy Void-Bound Voyager

I, for one, welcome our new boobed animal overlords.

Ashgan, The | Suit, Jbeetle and 2 others like this.
  3. Seria-Myouna

Seria-Myouna The Last Moderator IRC Operator

[​IMG]
    Not enough boobs!

On a more serious note, glad to see the AI is still being worked on. I really like the idea and hope it comes out cohesive.

Sigandr, Akado, Katzeus and 1 other person like this.
  4. Halon

Halon Phantasmal Quasar

:nod: Good, space needs more well endowed creatures

5. Zael

Zael Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think it would be cool if Starbound had the visualization of sound waves like the Ur-Quan Masters, with seeking/re-wind functionality, especially when it comes to interacting with AI's. (And since the project is open source, it shouldn't be too hard to get that functionality, I hope.)

OmnipotentEntity likes this.
  6. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

we already had like 4 threads on this topic

its starting to get old =/

Ramones_fan and yclatious like this.
  7. Dyskord

Dyskord Scruffy Nerf-Herder

With just a quick glance, UQM seems to use GPL v2, which to my knowledge would require Chucklefish to also open source parts of its code, or maybe everything.
    Though, dont quote me on this, im no lawyer.
    Still, just because something is open source, doesnt mean you can use the code in any way you wish.

Zael likes this.
  8. yclatious

yclatious Guest

Id like to say,the amount of people the poll used was of about 1% of the entirte fanbase of Starbound,so it isnt acurate or reliable in any way.

And the Devs have already said it was more than just a joke.

So please,lets not go that way,ok?

Lintton likes this.
  9. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

omg so many updates, idk where to comment c:

10. Lintton

Lintton Guest

I support the expansion of the horse/animal ai, we need more of its goodness and floppy tongue.

Vesktheviking likes this.
  11. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

OBJECTION! I, uh...I don't know why. Also, I find it strangely hilarious that the devs have indeed confirmed that they listen to community feedback, AND they take action in response to said feedback.

Kawa likes this.
  12. Lumaro

Lumaro Void-Bound Voyager

Does there really need to be a horse head in almost every post. We get that you guys don't like criticism but this is just downright unprofessional. I really like the direction that this game is going and I'm appreciative of the work you guys put into it, but the PR department need some work.

13. Vesktheviking

Vesktheviking Void-Bound Voyager

Also we have decided because of the positive feedback about the glitch AI that we should make every ship AI a different animal, all with boobs.

Ahahahaha that would make the forum even better to read when I wake up in the morning.

Anyway. About everyone complaining about that sexy horse.
    I am quite sure people will mod it out later. Do not get stuck on such a small and stupid thing like a ( sexy ) horse AI.

Thanks for all the updates :D And keep on improving this game I love so much!

DayGloOreo, Ramones_fan and Lintton like this.
  14. Brassqund

Brassqund Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Thanks for the news.
    Continue your good work.
    Too bad the nightly update make me crash :s

15. NovastarX

NovastarX Big Damn Hero

I genuinely can't tell if that last part was sarcasm or not... :cautious:

Anyways, I think the new ship interface seems pretty neat! It would be great if NPCs also had emotions attached to dialogue. But I'm sure as the quest system is fleshed out, that'll at least be talked about. It would be tragic to save someone's kitten, give someone tons of cash, or murder a beloved townsfolk all with a blank stare on the quest-giver's face at the end... :blank:

"This is seriously the happiest I've ever been, so I'm just going to look the same as I've always been for the last twenty six years, sans simulated, silent conversations with strangers living nearby." :p

16. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Have you tried removing your player and universe folders? Just rename them. It might work then. :)

17. AdenSword

AdenSword Pangalactic Porcupine

"Also we have decided because of the positive feedback about the glitch AI that we should make every ship AI a different animal, all with boobs."

You have GOT to be kidding me right? That horse is hideous.

Please if you do this have an option to change what your AI looks like. I know that alot of people like the glitch AI but also alot of people didn't this IMO is the best option so that I don't have to use the AI that I think is ugly and disturbing if I don't want to. And all the people who want to use it can.

18. janusforbeare

janusforbeare Phantasmal Quasar

It's a small thing, but it still bothers people. The real problem, however, is the nature of the official response to the criticism. I've been against it being forced on the Glitch from the start, but I probably would have let it go soon enough, if it seemed like the debate was being given proper consideration. Instead, the devs are fanning the flames by mocking the group opposed to the decision, and bringing it up whenever they get the slightest opportunity. As someone who has only ever had good things to say about Starbound and the dev team, this is frustrating. I don't want to criticize the devs too harshly or start hating on them. I love the game, and I think they've generally been doing well with it. However, when the people I've been defending start mocking me for disagreeing with them, they're pretty much encouraging me to switch sides and entrench my position.

I don't understand why it's so difficult for the devs to treat this issue as a legitimate user concern and constructive criticism, rather than an "us and them" classroom debate over how cool their new toy is. Please, devs, treat us with the respect we deserve as consumers and supporters of your products. Don't alienate us, simply because we disagree with you on this one issue.

19. Aegis J Hyena

Aegis J Hyena Existential Complex

Horse boobies. Heheheheh

I think it would still be nice to have the option for an uploadable image serve as the AI appearance. Sure, not animated, but eh (modders ahoy... hehehehe). I'd also think that having a multiple choice of AI appearance (so 3 different humans, 3 different apex, three different horses with tiny, medium and DDD-sized boobs) would be a nice touch. It can't be -that- difficult to sprite a few new appearances... or even have one based on critters encountered on planets, maybe?

20. Brassqund

Brassqund Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I remove my players, universes and mod long time ago.

When I start normal, I hear the laugh, I see loading and after that it crash with that:
    error1.png and error2.png

I had try Opengl, the game work with no sound. (at least I can test)