1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Jump Down alternatives?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by ButtStalin, Jan 4, 2017.

1. ButtStalin

ButtStalin Space Hobo

I just started playing this game yesterday and have been looking for an alternative solution to the jump down default of holding "S" and pressing space to pass through multiple platforms. I have played plenty of platformers and this feels "Clunky."

I have seen multiple posts about "how to fix this control scheme" to make it more appropriate but none of them end in a solution, just a bunch of complaints. The most recent post I had come across was from august of 2016 so I thought an alternative had presented itself to the inner circle community.

I will continue to work with the control scheme available, but boy is it difficult.

2. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

I keep a hammer on me with ground pound at all times whenever i want to travel downwards quickly

3. ButtStalin

ButtStalin Space Hobo

I'm not so irritated by the speed, its more the control scheme. It's awkward to let up on "S" when you want to land on a platform a few blocks down. Especially if you are trying to move diagonally. I would really like the ability to change the control to be, "stop passing through the platforms if you let up on Space." I'm not trying to complain, just wondering if there is an alternative.

4. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Like any game, you will get used to it.

They have had a few different control schemes, and all have come back to what we have now, which is what they originally started with. It really is the better option.