July 31st update - Programming retrospective

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by OmnipotentEntity, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Where they are at a point they are satisfied by what they have done. I know that isn't much an answer, but really it is the only one I can give; since it is up to them. Plus right now the progression isn't even done yet, so a while yet...

2. Unendingfear

Unendingfear Cosmic Narwhal

Now, that's kind of a disingenuous way of trying to frame things. They aren't "haters," they're dissatisfied customers, a very important difference. You can't pretend these are just people "hayting" on something because it's successful, pretty much every single one of them has invested time and money into this game. There's no wrath so fierce as hype scorned.

That said, I am excited to see this next update.

3. The Doctor

The Doctor Pangalactic Porcupine

I will grant you that they have a right to be dissatisfied customers if they opted in to at least unstable and for sure nightly, because then they would see the bare raw content and have something to actually base their complaints on, but I stand by my point otherwise that they were given the option to play the content as it came out, they were warned it would be buggy, and they are demanding a finished product from an indie developer with minimal staff. this is not the 90's where everything was polygons and shaders with the worlds simplest A/B attack and interact function. And they need to realize that before making further demands.

4. Namless

Namless Void-Bound Voyager

I'll just quote Molly to answer you : "We'll always happily refund them" (the players who aren't happy with the game). And it's not the case, they don't do any refund...

Early access or not, I found the gameplay really bad, and a lot of things I don't want to talk about anymore... You(re happy with it, good for you. But I clearly want my money back. When I think I bought it for 2 of my friends....

5. Wolfie Inu

Wolfie Inu Pangalactic Porcupine

Agreed with all of the above.

As long as nobody tries to pretend that the game is feature-complete and on time, I'll forgive and forget, and wait patiently for the next stable update. And if someone wants a refund - well, they may have unrealistic expectations regarding software development time, but objectively speaking, it's a hard fact that the game was not released with the promised features and on time. I think the people wanting refunds will be missing out big time getting their refunds now, and I'd advise against it... but I do think they have the right to it.

Oh, but apparently this makes me a "hater," nvm :rofl:

6. O Syrius O

O Syrius O Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I fund it really funny that some people want refund for Starbound at ~15 $,
    but when the bought Watchdogs/Thief/AnotherBadGamesOutHere at ~50 $ and see it sucks, they don't want any refund.

Leak, Kawa and Iris Blanche like this.
  7. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

People are dumb, 'nuf said.

8. Wolfie Inu

Wolfie Inu Pangalactic Porcupine

They don't?

9. Will Liferider

Will Liferider Ketchup Robot

Stable patch confirmed. All aboard the hype train!!!

10. Shoehead

Shoehead Turbonerd of Scaremonies

Next update looks like it'll be pretty crazy once it's done. I really can't wait to get my hands on it to mod as much crap as I can.

Shaadaris, AdenSword and Wolfie Inu like this.
  11. AlexKockica

AlexKockica Void-Bound Voyager

Yay for new stuff and great progress!
    I'm one of those players who bought the game at the very beginning, I love it and I think it has huge potential to one day, when it's out of beta, become so awesome our brains will explode (I know it can be that, I see amazing stuff coming)
    just I am, as some others, getting just a tiny bit impatient from waiting for the next stable release, don't get me wrong, I know it takes time for all of this, but u know.. gimme new toys! :D lol

Wolfie Inu likes this.
  12. DrVoodoo

DrVoodoo Cosmic Narwhal

This update is going to be massive, and worth waiting.
    Shame that most of the players are very impatient.

Kawa likes this.
  13. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

Everyone give applused!

14. Actually - no. Player himself will be the trigger, which activates effects from "radiation" on self, when withing certain range from radioactive resource. Or possible there will be global trigger that will create radiation field according to radioactive resources locations...

Wolfie Inu likes this.