July 24 - Character Deletion is in

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by OmnipotentEntity, Jul 24, 2014.

1. N3tRunn3r

N3tRunn3r Scruffy Nerf-Herder

cute.... no more opening directories and manually delete em.
    Now, add a "backup" feature for specific chars and universes ^^

2. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Ah, I think I'll do what Kawa suggesteed.
    Remember, I only PRETEND to know what I'm talking about. ;)
    I've worked with Strings more than hex strings (i.e. never even heard of hex strings), so I'll just scan for the word "Rampaging." I would have to update to get the new names or hexes anyway.

It is really cool to get advice from so many cool people, though. :D

Kawa likes this.
  3. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

I don't mean to sound like the only one complaining about this so-eagerly-expected feature but, is there any chance they make the Delete button a tad smaller? Being so big increases the chances of a disastrous misclick, and it also partially covers the Difficulty Indicator (Y'know, that part that says ''Normal/Hardcore/PermaDeath'' ).

4. Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

More basic functionality added - big news!
    I almost thought Tiy was going to have a 'death animation' upon character deletion.

5. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

It's quite obviously a work in progress. Because it's in the way of the difficulty indicator.

6. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

Not to mention that I said in the blog post that it was a work in progress and that it was too big and we're going to fix that. :facepalm:

7. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I've only said that thing about reading comprehension a hundred times now.

8. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Sweet! :)

After the new Progression System & Ship Tiers reach Unstable Branch, (What I play) i'll try this option out, delete my Character, re-make him, then test the new Progression & Ship Tiers properly! :D

Akado likes this.
  9. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

How dare you, sir!

I'll have you know I'm proud of every man, woman, flower, bird, ape, robot, and fish in that glorious wall of honour that gave their lives pushing the boundaries of space ever further, or just poking around someone else's mutated sentient suicide-bombing excrement... oh, the indignity!

Edit: I just wish they weren't in the way of those who yet draws breath... is there any way to sort our characters that are active so that they are placed at the top of the character roster?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
    Axe Garian likes this.
  10. Type1Ninja

Hmmm... Still off topic, but I have ONE more question for you, @OmnipotentEntity.
    Is there any possibility that I could be allowed to access the download links for Starbound Stable/Nightly? (not through Steam)
    I think if I could, my launcher would exponentially better than it could be otherwise.
    I still have to do some research on how I could use said links, so I don't need them yet, but permission to get them in the future would be great.
    Thanks in Advance,
    Type1ninja

11. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

You just know there is going to be that one individual.
    Who is going to Delete their character to "Test it out" - then complain their character got deleted.

To that person - I know you exist. I just want to say in advance. Bravo good sir. Bravo.
    :up:

Axe Garian and BloodyFingers like this.
  12. Type1Ninja

You don't have to say it in advance. It already happened.

Axe Garian, BloodyFingers and Kawa like this.
  13. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

@Type1Ninja

An in the clear download link probably isn't going to happen any time soon. Why do you need one?

Axe Garian likes this.
  14. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

There is a delete button between edit and report.
    [​IMG]

BloodyFingers likes this.
  15. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

I know. I'll be sure to do that when I get home. I'm on tapatalk (which you recommended me, remember?).

16. Type1Ninja

Sorry, I was out and couldn't respond.

I would like the link because with it, my launcher (which is designed to allow players to use the latest stable and nightly) would have a much more streamlined instruction set. Press button, whichever version of Starbound is downloaded and named the right thing, press Play and *Shazam!* you can now choose which version to be playing on. If I can't have this, I can just have the player download the stuffs via steam, but the more human input there is the more room for error. :p

17. Iamthetoaster

Iamthetoaster Space Spelunker

I cry from happiness.

18. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

too bad there isn't a mini cutscene when you delete a character, seeing its entire reality get deleted.
    a lot of nightmare fuel potential there, I'll tell you that.

19. AxelRantila

AxelRantila Big Damn Hero

Nice addition! Now I don't have to delete folders manually

20. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Mah look like my post before was a little bit harsh. It was a hard and long day...sorry for that...:( A confirmation-box would be better yes.

Sometimes there are people who are just clicking and not thinking...and on that day i've got a lot of those people to do with...So if i insulted someone with this post i'm sorry for it. :cry: