July 11 - Big Birds

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by metadept, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Phantaeon

Phantaeon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can we get some kind of way to record a monsters ability and possibly name it ourselves?

Showbiz, NovastarX, beari78 and 3 others like this.
  2. Tanek

Tanek Pangalactic Porcupine

I agree with this. Maybe the starter/lower level planets could be more consistent with smaller monsters being weaker, but walking up to an innocent-looking tiny quadruped and having it burn your face off with fire spit should not be outside the realm of possibility later on. ;)

(Also, not being able to get a pet with a projectile attack would be a tragedy. :p )

3. JoeBlk

JoeBlk Star Wrangler

4. flamingbacon19

flamingbacon19 Big Damn Hero

[​IMG] Twice the size, 10x the threat, 9000x the evil.

5. Rogue Seraph

Rogue Seraph Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I understand where you are coming from, having normal monsters follow this rule would be nice, but then special rare enemies of any size be possible. As it stands special monsters are quite obvious, having them just a little more difficult to spot could be surprising for one. They would still look unique, so if you are paying attention you can still spot them from afar. There is also the possibility of non special small deadly monsters, easy to kill but venomous, but that is up to the devs and how they want things to feel.

Somfunambulist likes this.
  6. TheTrueArtisan

TheTrueArtisan Subatomic Cosmonaut

Can there be a tech or armor upgrade that let's you see at a glance whether a monster will be aggressive-on-sight or just a friendly roamer? Or with there be a separate "livestock" style of monster that doesn't attack unless attacked, but is more easy to get leather and meat from, and can be captured and bred later in development?

ry3te4, Blue Hair, Kawa and 1 other person like this.
  7. NuclearPicklenomaly

NuclearPicklenomaly Phantasmal Quasar

I like the way pretty much all of this sounds. But its certainly something that sounds pretty difficult to put into the game at this current point, what with the dev team figuring out balancing and whatnot. But regardless the idea is a cool one :3

8. Brassqund

Brassqund Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Only the small walking creature can be captured. (no normal/flying/mini boss)
    There is ANY post about that being changed and I don't see a reason why they should change that.

9. Ado

Ado Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

These guys look awesome.That's a huge improvement on the monster system.

10. SkeletonGamer123

SkeletonGamer123 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I like big birds i cannot lie all u other birds cant deny when a big bird come all u get spurned

11. Jabberwok

Jabberwok Phantasmal Quasar

Yay, no more cute, little birds with horrible fire breath. I like the idea of having smalll and large versions of the same monster, as if they could be young and adult varieties.

12. dawg911

dawg911 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Looking great! i love it

13. Untrustedlife

Untrustedlife Scruffy Nerf-Herder

exactly.

14. Lazer

Lazer Existential Complex

Metadept you are a star!

It looks kind of weird to me how the big bird's body stays upright as it flies around. Any chance we'll see "flying" vs. "hovering" animations in the future, so that winglies can "lean in" to their flight path? I think it would be amazing.

15. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

Aww, look at its tiny potato body.

RUN FOR YOUR FUCKING LIFE.

16. Nimeni

Nimeni Big Damn Hero

Thank the flying spaghetti monster in the sky! I have to honest....How long will this small changes in the game will be featured?! Until something solid? (you know where I'm going with this...)

17. Chnum

Chnum Void-Bound Voyager

It's funny how the character just walked out of the picture after killing the bird :)

18. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Take heed, devs.

Also, to complement the FSM in the sky, put an Invisible Pink Unicorn on the ground.

19. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

Well flippity flabbity fudge...
    that does NOT bode well for my permadeath runs...

20. NonBritGit

NonBritGit Cosmic Narwhal

How come when all the birds die, they change to a sitting pose and then fall? I always thought that looked weird as hell.

GameQB11 likes this.