July 10th Update

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Armagon, Jul 11, 2014.

1. StarKaiser

StarKaiser Big Damn Hero

ADD more ores to find depends on threat level and sector, Lava Pools, Chests, traps, old abandoned labs or bases, many more of underground plants to chop or harm you if you are going near poisonous or living plants that bite you or monsters that was happen to be close to them.. they can be guarding some nice stuff, also add abandoned houses or camp stuff that you can collect them for like sleeping in with sleep bag or a tent.. or find more rare biomes like Heck or treasure biome but add more of variety like.. Clouds in sky with floating islands (if you can get up into surface with something like jetpack or a lift, add some biomes that is immune to meteor showers but hard to mine to make it sturdy that grenades or rockets won't blow it up.. kind like Dungeon Blocks from Terraria for example so.. you might get what i was saying and oh.. try to add a iron bucket or similar to we can transport water & lava for smelting or adding them in pools to harm mobs if they are walking into one and make your bases look dark and gloomy.. something like hell or add that hell biome deeper down at bottom layer of the planet and add mobs to that depth so they can fire-breath or walk in lava with immunity so they can charge at you or ground slam down on you so any ideas?

2. Gerbert Da Samich

Gerbert Da Samich Aquatic Astronaut

I think there should be an underground agraran dungeon with jail cells and pods, it would be the floran jail, except it would be taken over by mushrooms and pods everywhere. agraran guards where floran guards used to be, and pods in cells where floran prisoners once were. I think its cool and would love to see it deep underground on my explorations because i am facinated by this mushroom dudes.

General Nuclear and Hatsya Souji like this.
  3. Gerbert Da Samich

That is alot of cool things to add, and the iron bucket thing, i think could be more space themed like a space liquid pod :confirm: :D

4. Herode

Herode Void-Bound Voyager

I was thinking kind of alien ant farm filled with a queen and eggs, a hive full of gallery, and sorry for my english is bad, thank you.

5. StarKaiser

StarKaiser Big Damn Hero

also add some sort of jungle biome that can rapidly expand the veins and plants up on normal soil or mud but it won't expand near houses or deserts and spawn only at underground.. (just i don't want to um have a jungle infested planets.. only expand maybe around certain range.. atfer that.. it can stop growing till you harvested some seeds to plant some jungle biome inside your base with contained area.. like it won't expand through walls or a door

6. IvoryOwl

IvoryOwl Pangalactic Porcupine

Suggestions:

- Underground grottos and groves
    - Remnants of ancient cultures
    - Secret laboratories
    - Crystals sticking out of the walls
    - Bioluminscent plants and fungi, lighting up certain sections of the cave

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  7. Gerbert Da Samich

i agree with all of these ideas i think they would be awesome, although ive read that the fossils and novakid lore and dungeons will be released at the third stage of beta, but it would be cool to see a crazy prospector under ground, and a huge fossil ;) :DD

Tamorr and StarKaiser like this.
  8. Gerbert Da Samich

that sounds really cool, it would be a sub race like the mushroom dudes (agrarans) with a huge ant tunnel system! :DD

9. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

Underground Agaran Hive : Every Agaran you'll find on that area will kill you, in order to transform into them by all means necessary. However, you'll also find other captives about to be Agaran-ized. To win this micro-dungeon, get an Agaran-themed headgear and bomb the Agaran "Mother Plant"

Subterranean HAARP-like Facility : Log tease: "Our weather modification system's working just as fine until our satellites began broadcasting strange signals. We came outside, only to find that our planet's bombarded by meteors! Not just meteors but they're those Tentacle things!"

10. StarKaiser

StarKaiser Big Damn Hero

hey can you please don't double post and do it in edit so use Enter to add new line of paragraph..

also add some kind of magic.. there is green bar for that stuff so you can find some spellbooks to use them as weapons.. like maybe dropped from Glitch Wizards or look at old library underground or crafted from rare monsters that use same effects like fire, lighting, ice and poison and more

Gerbert Da Samich likes this.
  11. Gerbert Da Samich

all of those are amazing ideas, i especially like the crystals! maybe the story behind the crystals could be that they can host an a.i. like in the different a.i. post! :DD:confirm:

IvoryOwl and jamstronaut like this.
  12. Lintton

Lintton Guest

The team is doing good stuff, what you and meta are doing are huge!

As far as underground, I'm not certain. But I do know its a hassle to build stuff what with the background blocks. Maybe use the open background underground a little more for more cavernous atmosphere?

Also, any plans for the bottom layer/ lava?

13. knightjoe

knightjoe Void-Bound Voyager

Maybe you could add golums cave from lord of the rings under ground, or something.

14. Gerbert Da Samich

sorry :facepalm: i didn't know i was doing stuff wrong, what is double posting? but this is also a cool idea with the new magic, there could be wizards underground, and a mana bar.

StarKaiser likes this.
  15. StarKaiser

StarKaiser Big Damn Hero

nah its ok :) and don't let mods chew you out if you was like typing too quick without adding edit button.. it can make threads like this get longer so thats why :poke:

Gerbert Da Samich likes this.
  16. Gerbert Da Samich

ok thanks for the help, im new to forum stuff, and just want to get involved with the community. ;)

StarKaiser likes this.
  17. 2030

2030 Void-Bound Voyager

I like the fact that you put a bedroom next to the lab, it's the little things and thoughts to make it more realistic that i love :)

18. ThePhoenix

ThePhoenix Void-Bound Voyager

Underground stuff. Ideas which come to mind immediately are:
    • Apocalypse reboot bunkers, with saplings, crop seeds, capture-podded wildlife, some sort of grass-growing device (I have wanted one of these for a while anyway), and replacement topsoil. Should match (or nearly match, if enough time has passed for significant evolution) the naturally occurring flora and fauna of the planet.
    • Science, technology and history archives, built underground so as to not be spotted and looted by any old schlub with a spaceship who happens to drop by.
    • Hidden military bunkers with armouries and some sort of self-destruct mechanism which must be disarmed if you wish to loot it. Designed for retreating (fleeing) soldiers to regroup (hide) at in the event that their bases are destroyed/captured by an invading force.
    • Crashed spacecraft fitted with experimental teleportation jump drives with insufficient accuracy.

Lintton, Tamorr, Hatsya Souji and 2 others like this.
  19. StarKaiser

StarKaiser Big Damn Hero

with that experimental teleportion.. its good idea.. if you for like.. using that drive.. you will go through one way or two way ticket to random planet and spawned at old lab or base connected back and front.. also it can add that teleporting device to other side of the planet... beating walking all the way to reach it

Tamorr and Hatsya Souji like this.
  20. omegarte

omegarte Void-Bound Voyager

Nice job Armagon!

I think my idea has been posted by others in one form or another but finding some derelict space ships underground ala Alien movie with some not-so-friendly creatures and/or mini-bosses inhabiting them might be neat. Perhaps just using the ship designs you already have for our characters and then adding some tweaks to make them look darker/creepier/broken down would work.

Tamorr, ThePhoenix and StarKaiser like this.