January 19th - You're Not The Boss of Me

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by SamuriFerret, Jan 20, 2015.

1. IneptGamer

IneptGamer Aquatic Astronaut

Jan 31st 2015 11:59pm Pacific time.

2. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Weird. I was wearing all Steel Armor & wielding a 2-Handed Steel Tier Axe at that time long ago, & I swear it kept looking like I was always getting one shotted. I never woulda got through that Mission no matter how many times I tried it cause of those dudes if it weren't for, on my 4th try, I found a 1-hand Pistol loot I used to get through them. :(

Ever since that Mission i've been afraid to not carry a gun at all times now even though I wanna be a Melee Warrior... not that i'm adverse to having a secondary sidearm... but if I was gonna have one I wanted one that'd be fun but not required to survive the game with. & by 'fun' I was thinking along the lines of Flamethrowers & Rocket Launchers & such. (As of the time of this Post, I have yet to find either of these kinda of Guns... but I have gotten to the point where I can craft those 3 late game tables for each of the 3 Paths, so i'm holding out hope that the Ranged Combat Style Table will solve this problem... hopefully... once I get it built...)

3. presidenthobbes

presidenthobbes Void-Bound Voyager

ITS THEIR JOB to release realistic dates. If they make a general point of when it will be released and it comes out a few months later they are to blame. My point isn't that if its a few weeks late they will have issues. It's if they release it a month or two after they say it will that people will have trust issues with them. Just check out the terraria forums, they have an entire page complaining about how starbound's dev team are going to release a half assed update then leave, and have been delaying it because they are incompetent and waiting for the terraria update to steal more ideas from them. Even the terraria devs went on the forum and agreed! I of course disagree but I don't want the starbound team to get blamed by the community for something that isn't their fault.

Pingeh likes this.
  4. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Their job is to make the game, delivering a realistic release date isent part of that deal, nowhere in the early access program does it state a time limit. Stop feeling entitled when your not.

5. presidenthobbes

Delivering a realistic date is a part of their description for sure, however, giving the wrong date makes them either incompetent or liars. Part of their job is marketing the game, and giving bad dates is certainly not in the spirit of proper marketing.

6. Garatgh Deloi

Saying "we’re trying to push these updates to the unstable branch next week and, depending on how that goes, pushing them to the stable branch in January." isent a promise on when it will be released, its at most a very lose eta. (That being "estimated time or arrival"). You should never ever consider eta's to be set in stone. The world dosent work like that and if that gives people a bad impression then so be it.

7. presidenthobbes

And I AM entitled... To the truth! And if the truth is that it won't come out until later then that is what I want to know; my grievance isn't it coming out slowly.[DOUBLEPOST=1421783166][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I was trying to make it clear that I meant if it came out a few months from now, not a few weeks from now :p
    If they need a few more weeks, great for them! If they need a few more months... Well, then I have a problem. Sorry if I didn't make this clear.

8. Garatgh Deloi

Well, I can understand that. I would proberly be a tad upset if it took a couple of month's more too.

9. presidenthobbes

Yeah that's what I meant... You should see some of the pages on the terraria forums though... They HATE starbound, and one thing they constantly accuse starbound of is being delayed.. I just wanted to make sure no one else bought into this theory

10. ChrisCrafted

ChrisCrafted Void-Bound Voyager

lagshield bro, lagshield. It's the best possible defence.

Axe Garian likes this.
  11. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Phantom from DMC 1 made me want to toss my controller in rage.

I can't wait to try this gradius boss out.

The 2h sword is looking to be one of the more relied upon weapons for fights such as this for its defensive ability. Have the devs given thought as to changes for the other 2 handers as well?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2015
  12. Hibob42

Hibob42 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Anyone else having trouble launching their save files? I even tried making a new save it keeps crashing. Help? I cant play the game!

13. omegarte

omegarte Void-Bound Voyager

Oh look another dev blog thread transforming into a "when is stable coming out" thread. did not see that coming. :facepalm:

And I cannot help but laugh at the terraria devs of all people bitching about SB update delays. Pot calling kettle black much?

RenaldiForumStar and Kawa like this.
  14. grizzly4427

grizzly4427 Aquatic Astronaut

I'll be fighting bigger bosses in mh4u next month... Anybody else?

15. supernovus

supernovus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The only way I could get the Nightly to load was to rename the 'universe' folder to 'universe_old', and let it rebuild on first launch. If you're not planning to go back to 'unstable', or don't care about your current planets, you could just delete 'universe' instead.

16. ToastMacbread

ToastMacbread Aquatic Astronaut

17. DaedricShadow

DaedricShadow Pangalactic Porcupine

Ooh, I hope it's one of those bosses where you have to defeat individual parts of it and then kill the center! Like in basically every retro game ever. Still not switching to nightly, though, last time I did that the screen went black for about 10 minutes.

18. Galenmark

Galenmark Seal Broken

Please, take your time am quite excited what you guys, Chucklfish, are bringing. My opinion is your game is un-precedented nothing like this has ever been created. Though I am thrilled for the next update; I for one will be glad to offer my patience.

Axe Garian likes this.
  19. Fred10k

Fred10k Great Scott!

COOL! Looking forward to the next update. :)

Have been busy with Risk of Rain, but will get into Starbound again.

20. Gubz

Gubz Void-Bound Voyager

Progress... on MY game progression?
    It's more likely than you think.