January 19th - You're Not The Boss of Me

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by SamuriFerret, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Xentor Antarix

Xentor Antarix Ketchup Robot

That is a real nice boss, real challanging, good work.

2. Strength

Strength Void-Bound Voyager

Reminds me of the bottom of a certain lunar mining expedition...

3. Uzkniso

Uzkniso Big Damn Hero

The design of the boss is very original, imho.

Hopefully there's going to be more creative bosses like this.

4. sρooκs

sρooκs Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Laser tentacles! D:

Greenfinger likes this.
  5. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

There are indeed other bosses (penguin mech, UFO and you could debate that the floran gladiator is a boss but its realy just a buffed up floran npc). But this is the first one, as in the first one you run into on your first mission. Before there were no boss on said mission.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
    Greenfinger likes this.
  6. Treldent-02

Treldent-02 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well, it has to be, dosen't it? since it's the first boss, you don't want a (Insert the name of a super hard boss here) kind of boss

7. RainDreamer

RainDreamer Existential Complex

Uuuu I am tempted to play the nightly now, but I afraid I would be spoiled by it till stable.... The worst boss of all, spoilers!

RenaldiForumStar and Talmid like this.
  8. Prammus

Prammus Void-Bound Voyager

Futuristic hentai. I like. Not in that way...

The | Suit likes this.
  9. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

Cerberus from Devil May Cry 3? I don't know about the devil, but I was crying bloody tears by the time I beat that thing at the beginning... And he was the second-ish boss (First, if you consider that he's the first unique boss you face).

10. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

Imagine my surprise when I came back to this mission for a leisurely second playthrough. I thought I had taken a wrong turn! :D

supernovus likes this.
  11. Mophtran

Mophtran Space Spelunker

This was the first time I've played since the last Stable release. I tried nightly and got to the first mission. I didn't expect a boss like that! Was a fun fight, one that I had to do twice because, well, unstable.

Either way, I'm excited to see what other bosses you bring out in the future. Keep it up!

12. Royal_Starlord

Royal_Starlord Big Damn Hero

Imagine if it had a voice. Would it sound like that Sovereign guy from Mass Effect?

13. presidenthobbes

presidenthobbes Void-Bound Voyager

I p
    I disagree; many people fear that the Starbound team has "taken the money and ran" and no new updates after this one are coming. If it doesn't come out this month or soon after like it was promised, a lot of people are going to agree with that theory. Already people are suspicious they have delayed the update thus far.

This is not to say I don't trust starbound's devs, but other people don't. I would hate such a cool game to lose their huge following before the first big update is even out.

MutatedAlien likes this.
  14. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Those Hammer Guys on that Mission hit invincibly hard... how the hell is this Boss gonna be beatable when he's gonna hit even harder...? :(

supernovus likes this.
  15. MithranArkanere

MithranArkanere Space Kumquat

A shield is your best friend in this one.

The map could use something like checkpoints, though. It's kind of a pain going all the way to the end from the start.

16. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

First off, they have released aloot of updates, just not in the stable branch. Try unstable or nightly. ("I dont want to play unstable or nightly" is hardly a valid argument when your playing something thats early access).

Second they didnt promise that it would be released this month. Not even close. There exact words where "we’re trying to push these updates to the unstable branch next week and, depending on how that goes, pushing them to the stable branch in January."

Saying "We will do this depending on how this work before goes" is hardly equal to a promise that it will be delivered at the time specified.

The latest we have heard from the devs is "its still on track to be released this month" but thats just a status update not a promise.

17. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

I am tempted to hear a BGM from Ikaruga when I'll fight this boss soon.

Say, any more content update about the Penguins? What if there are friendly Penguins? What if the Peruvian Giant Penguin came back to life because of them?

Bobwaiyaa likes this.
  18. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

The second I saw that screen shot this popped into my mind.

19. Treldent-02

Treldent-02 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It dosen't actually hit that hard, ~21 DMG per hit, i believe

20. supernovus

supernovus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm with you on this one! The first time I went down there, I was killed in two hits from the hammer guys. The second time, I ran past them, and fell down the hole to the mining machine. It took three times to get through the mission in one piece.

I'm going to go try the new boss with my (current) end-tier equipment.[DOUBLEPOST=1421779951][/DOUBLEPOST]Well, next time I play through from the ground up, it's going to be a much harder game. I already saw they "fixed" the Penguin Mech battle. Players like me are going to be waiting for the alternative advancement paths...[DOUBLEPOST=1421780167][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Checkpoints! Yes, that would be very nice. One right before a boss battle, such as this one, would be great!