January 15 - Microdungeons!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Supernorn, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

Are these microdungeons ever going to be procedurally generated?

2. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

This has been answered before.

3. miro1997

miro1997 Orbital Explorer

Kinda hard to dig that answer out now though, so if you know it, what's the shame in writing it down for the people who don't know?

4. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Fair enough. Microdungeons can't be done procedurally because to do such intricate designs procedurally isn't worth the effort. Dungeons, including micros, can have some procedural element to them in that individual connected parts can be exchanged, but micros (probably because they're "micro") are each just one part.

You'll notice that there's some funky natural formations on the surface -- these too are technically a kind of microdungeon, for a similar reason.

miro1997 likes this.
  5. RiseAgainstG

RiseAgainstG Space Hobo

I would like to ask for some advice from anyone who might know,my unstable version and nightly version both do this. But I tried to play them and it updates 2 times,then download pauses,done this for 4 hours now,any suggestions or is this normal?

6. Herode

Herode Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, can you add Mini Boss in microdangeon and in the cave ?

7. Mogg

Mogg Pangalactic Porcupine

Awesome. Hope there's some kind of reasoning for them existing where they are. Seems moot if they are just random scenery. Much like the bigger dungeons having a purpose. Hmmmm... archeology! :rofl:

8. genesis_mk.3

genesis_mk.3 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

can you mine she stuff from them?

9. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Considering it's been said several times over that microdungeons can't be protected, yes you can.

10. exilloto

exilloto Space Hobo

Looking gooouuuud.. keep up the good work :lickitung: