January 15 - Microdungeons!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Supernorn, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Frozensky

Frozensky Void-Bound Voyager

Love this. Hopefully there's a good balance of procedurally generated biomes and hand-crafted dungeons. Like, for me at least, underground exploration would be more interesting if every now and then you find something new. Hopefully the idea is this, rather than packing underground full of dungeons.

2. Rocko_Dan

Rocko_Dan Void-Bound Voyager

I've found a Micro Dungeon! (It was a Laboratory)

midga likes this.
  3. Chummier

Chummier Space Hobo

Game crashes upon joining multiplayer with the recent nightly updates. Fresh install and running as administrator don't fix it. Anyone have a solution?

4. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

You're better off posting in the correct section of the forums, instead of piggybacking your issue on an unrelated thread.

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?forums/support/

The | Suit, Axe Garian and Dunto like this.
  5. korvas

korvas Void-Bound Voyager

I like this... the frogs are my fav and I hope there are some underground exclusive dungeons as well. PS will you consider putting rarer ores at lower levels? From my experience I don't have a big incentive to go underground because I can usually just surface mine the rare ores needed to upgrade. It would make things more challenging in a good way :p

6. GonDragon

GonDragon Pangalactic Porcupine

You must being playing the stable branch, right?

I miss finding ore in the surface... But now, in the surface, you only can find coal (just for the torches, because is not any more fuel for the spaceship).

The | Suit likes this.
  7. omegarte

omegarte Void-Bound Voyager

looking good guys...I like the last one in particular. Hopefully some or all of these make their way to the upcoming stable release.

I presume mobs spawn in these?

8. Thanatos-IV

Thanatos-IV Star Wrangler

Not sure if I'm the first to realize this, but. . .
    The last two pictures resemble two of the missions in the nightly build. Namely, the Erchius Mining Facility, and the Floran Party.

9. Prop

Prop Subatomic Cosmonaut

He guys, completely off topic question: will we ever have a steampunk race/ steampunk weapons/ steampunk upholstery? I mean, we have the glitch already, but they aren't really steampunk. Just a random question.

10. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

I know, I wasn't asking for it to be fixed yesterday, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't forgotten about in all the huge mess of stuff to do. If it got forgotten about then Stable got released, that would be a LOT of Steam Overlays broke & a LOT of Raging they'd get 10+ earfuls of... best that get avoided. I know how it feels to have a lot to do & not be able to remember everything at once even if it was an important thing to remember. :)

DarthTrethon likes this.
  11. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Twenty-one, I believe?

Jonesy likes this.
  12. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

Man, I'm so glad so much ppl liked this idea that much. I'm calling for @Supernorn to see if he thinks it can be made. Because, I've always had a.... thing, for wrecked ships (space or not). Call it a post-Super Metroid 3 Effect, hah.

13. Feera

Feera Subatomic Cosmonaut

Looks really neat! Still patiently waiting for stable and excited that more and more content is releasing, little by little <3

14. Jamtoes

Jamtoes Big Damn Hero

I'm looking forward to dive back into Starbound once the stable update is up!!!

DarthTrethon likes this.
  15. Ravager

Ravager Title Not Found

I am happy for their hard work, but there's something that sucks about waiting for three games from CF that have had no major updates to release/ gameplay :rofl: Don't get me wrong, I love their hard work!

16. raxfax

raxfax Orbital Explorer

i dont understand i tought starbound was forever on hold because my steam starbound does not dounload this so how can i update?

17. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Have you set your game to run the unstable build? If you're still set to the stable build, it wouldn't have updated in a long time.

Axe Garian and Dunto like this.
  18. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Besides what @Jonesy said, if Starbound was on hold how could a lowly non-dev like me collect data like this? :D

Jonesy likes this.
  19. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Hax. Obviously. :p

Not everyone decides they want to try out the new stuff, which is fine. You can always wait for it to hit Stable.

Axe Garian likes this.
  20. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

It's not a matter of deciding not to try the new stuff; it's a matter of not knowing you have that choice.

Type1Ninja likes this.