January 15 - Microdungeons!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Supernorn, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Silver200x

Silver200x Subatomic Cosmonaut

Great Stuff Guys & Girls, the moaners about whens the stable going to be ready, why dont u be brave and try the nightly, and you will get a vast insight into whats happening and the 10,000 odd changes that have occured since raging koala, right click yah game in steam click , betas, choose nightly sit patently and then enjoy! ps u will lose all your saves and your universe, this will happen anyway once the patch v1.0 is released. development time frame is its done when its done not before, they arnt going to rush release due to a "small few" moaning community of winers. i would rather wait and have a solid fun packed game , rather then a broken frustrating game.

Talmid likes this.
  2. DMPumuki

DMPumuki Void-Bound Voyager

3. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

Hey, I just had an idea for a microdungeon!

What about a sort of ''Wrecked Ship'' dungeon? Y'know, one that crashed on that planet centuries ago and was long since buried under the earth (could do well with Volcanic/Magma planets as well as Desert/Arid ones, as their terrain is most likely to allow something to sink). For the lore, it could be a ship from that ''Progenitor Race'' which created the Glitch and helped out the Avians.

It doesn't even has to be THAT big; about the size of the starting player ship would be perfect. Except it'll be full of unusual gimmicks (sorta like those panels on Avian Tombs) and perhaps some kind of cargo (treasure for us to take, heh). And since there are all those ''Wrecked'' assets already, it shouldn't be too hard to create.

4. Campaigner

Campaigner Giant Laser Beams

Nice, no more of the same three micro dungeons over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Now, are you also going to fix the spawn rate for them? They're WAY too numerous right now in the nightly; I can find about 20 micro dungeons in the span of half an hour if I dig horizontally on most planets. That's a bit ridiculous.

5. lfinn11

lfinn11 Void-Bound Voyager

Does anyone know when the stable update is being released? I am super hyped up for the new update but the wait seems to be dragging on forever, should I update or wait it out? please reply.

6. Eldren

Eldren Aquatic Astronaut

100?!

7. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

One hundred.

8. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

By the end of January.....within the next 15 days.

9. lfinn11

lfinn11 Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you

10. Royal_Starlord

Royal_Starlord Big Damn Hero

Does this mean we will be able to get the block of treasure again? :D

11. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

Haha, did anyone else notice the odd skeletons on stakes in the last screenshot? Poor penguins...

TheFloranChef likes this.
  12. Doggie

Doggie Void-Bound Voyager

They're cute. Especially the bone dungeon. Bones are awesome.

Don't forget to add some horror ones too, like the sewage dungeons with tons of dripping sewage blocks.

TheFloranChef likes this.
  13. PerCat

PerCat Aquatic Astronaut

when do you guys plan on adding pets???
    also great work lately.

14. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

I think they're in already.....just gotta tame some....although I'd suggest waiting for the AI to be improved as it's already on their schedule.

15. Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

Looks really good, keep up the great work.

16. Daff Vader

Daff Vader Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yes! *cues Imperial March*

17. Jarod

Jarod Cosmic Narwhal

do microdungeons have a shield generator like large dungeons? Certain objects in the microdungeons look like they could be, and also the name micro-dungeon.

18. Ailwuful

Ailwuful Orbital Explorer

I'm sure Starbound will continue to grow and grow with many new stuff.
    Still my only concern is if it will ever have more diversity and the stuff you fight. I mean sure, there are many different alien things but they all fight the same, and there is never a lot of them. I want to see more challenging stuf.

19. Speed Lightning

Speed Lightning Phantasmal Quasar

These microdungeons look amazing! As a rather thorough explorer, I look forward to finding all of them. =D
    I have one suggestion:
    1) I have heard about a "treasure room" microdungeon that I was interested in locating for a rather long time, although I noticed that it doesn't appear to be in-game yet. I would like to see such a dungeon.

I also have three questions, because I am an extremely curious lady:
    1) Do you plan to have microdungeons generate in random forms each time that it is generated by placing random dungeon parts together similar to the major "point of interest" on the surface, if you will, or will they generate with the same structure each time?
    2) Do you plan to add unique items to microdungeons, similar to biome/landscape-specific items?
    3) For microdungeon chests, will the chances of receiving collectible items such as clothing and music instruments be greater than from chests outside of microdungeons, such as those randomly scattered throughout the planets?

Again, thank you for adding so many things to explore. =D

20. ahmad_amjad3

ahmad_amjad3 Astral Cartographer

your profile picture tho xD