January 15 - Microdungeons!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Supernorn, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Vallencall

Vallencall Space Hobo

Once these dungeons are implemented, will I need to start a new game, or will these generate on unexplored planets in my existing world?

2. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

i hope you up the rarity on these underground places
    becouse even tho theres already tons of them
    i can never find them unless i use fullbright and the fishaxe

3. claudekennilol

claudekennilol Space Kumquat

Awesome. I'd like to see more of the UI changes that are available, if at all possible.

4. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

I know they mentioned in a recent AMA that they plan plenty special mini-bosses to be found underground too...not sure if specifically in these mini-dungeons or not but it would make sense if they were.

5. Lemuria

Lemuria Subatomic Cosmonaut

Floran hass encountered microdungeonss in unstable and previously in nightly, and lookss forward to moar.

6. Prammus

Prammus Void-Bound Voyager

Once you complete the dungeon, you can turn off the generator which protects the environment. You are then free to take what you want. I actually like this better; makes the dungeons a challenge AND makes you work for the booty!

Cat656 likes this.
  7. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Neat! Always nice to see random sources of new tiles and items.

Also... love them Donkey Kong girders. Want lots.

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  8. DarthTrethon

Not sure if the microdungeons will feature protection though as these are small to medium, I think you'll be able to mine these things straight away unlike the main proper dungeons.

9. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Microdungeons, last I checked, shared the "world" dungeonID, so...

benignInferno likes this.
  10. benignInferno

benignInferno Void-Bound Voyager

I didn't even think of that! I thought it would protect just the dungeon itself from being mined. You probably saved me from a lot of frustration in the future.

11. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

i wish / hope some of these were / are surface dungeons... after a while, digging sideways sort of becomes boring >.< so discovering 100+ sub-surface microdungeons would be next to impossible. xD
    @Kawa - what does that mean? o. O being 'shared the "world" dungeonID', i mean

12. Masterrulax

Masterrulax Subatomic Cosmonaut

Please OPTIMIZE the game it runs really slow in high end PCs.
    I dont want to see a game i payed for not stable.

benignInferno and Hatsya Souji like this.
  13. Lagoz

Lagoz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Cool ^^

14. tornar

tornar Void-Bound Voyager

answer this plz

"Once these dungeons are implemented, will I need to start a new game, or will these generate on unexplored planets in my existing world?"

15. DarthTrethon

The game right now is not optimized at all.....they haven't had time to do an optimization pass yet....this is something they openly admitted during the Hollidays' AMA....but they also said it's not really an issue as performance will greatly increase across all systems once they get to doing an optimization pass, which should be by the time the next stable launches at the end of this month.

eksynn likes this.
  16. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Tech terms. Each tile has a property, the dungeonID, that helps tell apart where they from. There's world tiles like the ground, there's player tiles (the ones you and your buddies put there), and there's dungeon tiles.

While regular dungeons (villages count) get their own unique dungeonID, and thus switching off the shield generator in an apex tower block won't affect the floran treehouses a few screens over, nor your own stuff.
    Considering unexplored planets don't exist yet, the answer is NO, you do NOT need to start a new game.

Speed Lightning and Cat656 like this.
  17. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

oh so that's how those work xD i always thought there was a big bubble around the dungeon that made everything indestructible lol
    so i take it these won't be generated in an already-explored world?
    makes sense.

what about worlds that i see on my radar but haven't landed on yet?

18. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Those don't exist yet either

19. Clivo

Clivo Void-Bound Voyager

I really do love that they bend over backwards to fill the game with a bunch of cool stuff. I do miss the date of a stable though.

DarthTrethon likes this.
  20. DarthTrethon

Well it's on track for this month so it's gotta be in the next 15 days. :) Probably at the very end though as they still have to do an optimization pass and other stuff.