It's ingenious! It's Destructible Blocks!

Discussion in 'Blocks and Crafting' started by Attack_Fish, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Camelslayer

Camelslayer Cosmic Narwhal

I kinda took this as a troll thread at first, same as Starheaven. But eh, depends; certain things such as dirt and sand might be nice to have destructible properties, but I don't know otherwise. The whole idea is really debatable. Then again, not much really stopped anyone from taking a stick of TNT to your house in Terraria either...

2. jaxter0987

jaxter0987 Big Damn Hero

This is a wonderful idea and I fully support it. But I can only imagine how annoying it'll be to keep gathering materials to repair your buildings.

3. Drithyl

Drithyl Phantasmal Quasar

Hey, playing with rocket-launchers and napalm is fun and all, but it also has its costs :p

4. ZeroZ30o

ZeroZ30o Void-Bound Voyager

SPLEEEEEF. Nuff' said.
    No but really, into the game it would not be a great gameplay mechanic IMO, but for additional gamemodes people create (events, etc...) then it would be pretty damn useful :).

5. ZeroHunter

ZeroHunter Subatomic Cosmonaut

Quite useful if you know how to use it, you don't need a door these days, all you need is a car, high speeds and some material to replace, BOOM you got yourself a shield/ garage.

6. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

A great idea!

7. Omatsu

Omatsu Big Damn Hero

Your troll level is...fail, negative levels do not work

8. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

what?

9. Omatsu

Omatsu Big Damn Hero

I was refering to the fail troll attempt on creating a thread with "Destructible blocks" as topic, knowing that mining is going to be included

10. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

No he means like, if you make a high speed vehicle or make one with some sort of battering ram you could smash blocks,

11. Karoo

Karoo Big Damn Hero

I think that the player should not be able to break blocks by running into them, only explosive or heavy weapons, and vehicles. oh and bosses. it would prevent you from hiding in a box and shooting out of a slit at them.

12. OmniGeoff

OmniGeoff Weight of the Sky

Spleef in Starbound I say. :proper:

13. The Enlightened Grue

The Enlightened Grue Master Astronaut

how did I not come across this idea yet?
    I'm all for it, we need things that can instantly damage blocks on the same level as X amount of hits from a mining device.
    It would have to be a different "X" for different blocks... sand should barely take any effort as compared to Titanium or something like that.

14. Keirndmo

Keirndmo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Gonna sparta kick enemies into the enemy base to make a cool entrance.
    Kick somebody off cliff into enemy base and they make a hole. Jump in.

:sparta:

15. Soprano

Soprano Pangalactic Porcupine

I DO like the idea of crashing through a roof. Might piss off your friend though. (If it's their roof at least.) :rofl:

16. O5-2

O5-2 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is a great idea! Can you not see your shelf driving your space-tank right into the base of who or whatever you are trying to destroy?

17. qazxcwe

qazxcwe Phantasmal Quasar

Like minecraft...
    :ssssssssss:

18. Supermeh

Supermeh Orbital Explorer

MUAHAHAHA! im sorry, i just realized that we can catapult bombs into enemy bases. TO ARMS! :viking:

19. qazxcwe

qazxcwe Phantasmal Quasar

Need explosive swords!
    X3

20. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

Just like in King Arthur's Gold,